Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Your experience with Nissan USA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:47 PM
halfass872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your experience with Nissan USA?

One week after i bought my Z i brought her back for the clicking rear axles problem. The dealer told me although i still have my powertrain warranty, since it wasn't physically broke they wouldn't fix under warranty! So i called Nissan USA and they seemed very understanding and followed up with me less then 24hours later saying they will contact the dealer tomorrow and work it out. Are they just giving me the ole' Okey-Doke? Or will they actually fight for you if you have a legit prob? Comments, experiences. P.S. I'm bringing her to a different Nissan Dealer for the tranny issue next week (mine is grinding, etc.) Hopefully i wont need to call them again!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:50 PM
dubbzdiggler

Nissan America is horrible, they don't give a flyin' F about you or any other customer. I had a sentra SE-R SpecV and the engine blew twice, not to mention numerous other problems and they did NOTHING to help. So hard to talk to anyone also.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:00 PM
halfass872

bump
Old 09-26-2006, 03:54 PM
NissanZfan

I had no problems with them what so ever... I took my car in for a front-end alignment, which they did for free on top of giving me new front tires, and changing my front brakes for free. I am currently doing an oil consumption test now. When I took it in I asked the tech if its consuming oil would you guys take care of it. They replied, "We will take care of it". I also went in for the fuel line hose fix, and that went well as well. Transmissions, and rear end clicking is a known problem just like grease streak, and feathering, they will take care of it.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/350z/2003/2.htm

2nd page 5th down is a service bulletin in regards to rear end clicking, the dealers are fully aware. Print it out, and show it to them if not just to show you know what you are talking about.

Last edited by NissanZfan; 09-26-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have nothing but good things to say about NNA. I have had my transmission replaced (twice), axle clicking fixed and seat covers replaced.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:17 PM
halfass872

Great, thanks! I feel better now. I'm pretty nervous 'bout the transmission thing. I'll be outta waranty in a year and i wanna have time to see if the new tranny is gonna die on me, so hopfully they wont give me any probs.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:25 PM
stein

Originally Posted by halfass872
Great, thanks! I feel better now. I'm pretty nervous 'bout the transmission thing. I'll be outta waranty in a year and i wanna have time to see if the new tranny is gonna die on me, so hopfully they wont give me any probs.
The place that does the work will most likely warranty the parts & labor for 1 year.

Personally I haven't had to deal with NNA, have delt with Toyota USA what they are pretty good. I think it is the stealership you have to worry about, especially if you go over their head
Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 PM
halfass872

Yeha thats what i was thinking. The Nissan Dealership i'm going to for the tranny is different from the one i bought my car from. In fact the Salesman that sold me my Z actually recommended to take it somewhere else cause the service department sux so bad! Hey at least he was honest!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I purchased new front tires, completed the required papers, and mailed them to Nissan USA. Despite the fact that it took several months, Nissan USA mailed me a check for about $400.

In the past 30 years, no other car company has ever bought me tires. None.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:02 AM
Jonathan Allyn

Um ya, NNA sucks. Check out my recent thread...

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/218006-nissan-north-america-can-you-do-anything-but-give-me-text-book-answers.html
Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 AM
JCZ33

My experience with NISSAN is what I make of it, and there fore it is good. Life is 10% of what happens to us, and 90% of what we do about it.

15 years of NISSAN product and counting.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 AM
DanielW
Banned

what exactly do you guys mean by rear axle clicking. I think mine might be doing it when i get into the gas. The slip light on the display blinks when it does it to. Am I clicking? should i take it to the dealer?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 AM
zzzzzz ya

Originally Posted by danielwebb
what exactly do you guys mean by rear axle clicking. I think mine might be doing it when i get into the gas. The slip light on the display blinks when it does it to. Am I clicking? should i take it to the dealer?
I think you are just activating your TCS and slipping the tires a bit. The axle click is a clicking sound when the vehicle is at low speeds or starting from a stop. Usually you can only hear it when the windows are open.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Exta_Z

Read my "SOLD THE Z!" thread a few threads down. NNA doesnt give a **** what is happening with your car! The only person that will do absolutely anything for you, is the regional service manager. I live in Chicago, IL. so the regional service manager is Brad Resnick...if anyone lives in Illinois and is having problems with dealerships and their cars--->call Brad, he will definitley continue to follow up on the situation until something can be resolved. Luckily for me, I sold the POS during the "diagnostic" timeframe...so it was gone before Martin Nissan could respond to NNA's requests!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Spec_Tacular

The dealer is right it isn't covered under the power train warranty. They didn't do anything wrong because Nissan wouldn't pay them for it. Nissan USA made the mistake of bending the rules for you which makes the dealer look like they were jerks. However they were right it is a lubrication issue not a physical part.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Jonathan Allyn

My clicking sound in additon to the axles was coming from my rear end dif. All of that just got replaced so hopefully no more problems now that I am out of warranty.

On the positive note, I just picked up a DD, 91 Acura Integra for $1,500.00. I am going to beat that thing driving back and forth to work so no more crappy miles on my z.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
DanielW
Banned

I've heard a loud clicking sound about three times since i've had my z. all when i was taking off and getting into it a little. It sounded kind of like i was running over a can or a water bottle on the road. I've heard a front wheel drive car with the axle clicking before. Should it sound like that? Because mine didn't really sound like that? Should i take it to the dealer?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM
ForceInduction

After reading all the info on www.Nissan.com it made me want to sell my z. It's wrong how they treat us.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:29 PM
KONVERTER

NISSAN NORTH AMERICA is NOT your local NISSAN Dealer... They are all independantly owned and opperated or owned by a corporation that owns many other NISSAN Dealers...

Calling 1-800-NISSAN1 is calling NISSAN NORTH AMERICA... They will make your local dealer do what you need...
Old 09-28-2006, 12:08 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
I purchased new front tires, completed the required papers, and mailed them to Nissan USA. Despite the fact that it took several months, Nissan USA mailed me a check for about $400.

In the past 30 years, no other car company has ever bought me tires. None.
We had one of our guys in NZ had this happen, he's also a member of this board. The only reason Nissan paid out on new front tyres was because he'd been complaining for months and months every time he went into the dealer how loudly the tyres were roaring, and as it turns out the wheel alignment hadn't been updated (in terms of the latest spec) and front tyres were worn to the canvas on the inside shoulder. They met him half way on the cost. I think they also paid for the alignment as well.

Moral of this story is, if you think something is wrong, tell the dealer so at least it is logged in their system, so you have come back in the long run.

Quick Reply: Your experience with Nissan USA?