Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
NVS_350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Hey, a fellow prior crx-owner. I used to have one too. Does the z not remind you of a CRX, but with b@lls? To me, it has a lot of the same feel. Wife thinks I am nuts. Honda should have made the new CRX like this z. But they went Del Sol

My CRX had more space in the hatch than the z though! Well... before the two 12's went into the rex.

Yes the Crx is a nimble little car even with 90hp!! I did have plans for it but it was really rusty in the engine bay and the rear corner panels have the regular rust! It just didnt have enough b@lls for me! It was the slowest car I've ever known!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Wraith

With all the new features i wounder what the gas mileage will end up being? they said it will be more economical, not that it matters much but still, it will even be more bragging rights for us all.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:06 AM
350zQ45a

It's a 10% improvement on the G
Old 12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
NVS_350Z

20/27 mt
19/26 at
Old 12-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Deftones

Originally Posted by NVS_350Z
I already have springs from a friend of mine so my car will be dropped !! Tanabe Df210 from the G35 coupe. 1.7 front and 1.4 rear. It has softer spring rates then the GF210 but looks like it will ride smooth.
Nice! Yeah, I'm considering the same thing since I've already bought my Volks and know it's gonna need a lowering. I'm just undecided on how much of a drop to go with. I figure I'll get the car, slap the wheels on, and then see how much of a drop I need. It shouldn't take long to ship them so I'm thinking I'll have to ride around with stocks or fender gappy Volks for 1 or 2 weeks. I'ma tint it 35% all around aside from windshield the first day I get it. After the wheels are on I'll order my kit. Stereo after that. By this time next year I'll be kicking the idea of FI around but would most likely settle for dual popchargers. At least, that's the plan as of now. :P
Old 12-20-2006, 11:36 AM
evolved326

Anyone know if the "pumpkin" from the 07 G will fit on the 07 Z?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:47 PM
SargentZ

Why is everyone obsessed with the final drive gearing? What 'advantage' would the G pumpkin have over the Z one?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
BluZee

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Why is everyone obsessed with the final drive gearing? What 'advantage' would the G pumpkin have over the Z one?

Because the G has a lower final drive that would improve acceleration.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
SargentZ

AT what cost though? Winding out the gears quicker so increased 0 launch but decreased Highway speed acceleration?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:56 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Final Drive gearing is VERY important to acceleration. Just bumping it up .2 points makes a HUGE difference in how the car feels. You can take a 350Z, Put a 2.3 Gear in it and it will accelerate like a Sentra, even with 306hp. Put a 3.9 Gear in there and it will accelerate like a C5 Vette. (With a bit of exageration for emphasis).

Its really that Important. If you have a 350Z with a Stock Diff in it, Your first upgrade should be to get a 3.9 Gear in it. (Unless you are FI)
Old 12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

AT what cost though? Winding out the gears quicker so increased 0 launch but decreased Highway speed acceleration?
The Cost is minimal in High-Gear Loss. Even at 3.9 you can still max it out at 155mph. You DO loose some fuel econ though, you are several hundred RPMs higher in every gear.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:06 PM
SargentZ

There's is always a cost when upping the teeth or lowering the gearing. I come from the world of dirtbikes and getting an aftermarket sprocket that has more teeth will help for those steep crawling trail climbs without killing it or fanning the clutch all the time, but on the flats you ending up zipping through the gears too quickly thus affecting flat out acceleration and smoothness. Maybe apples and oranges but seems like a sacrifice is being made.
SZ
Old 12-20-2006, 03:20 PM
6894kevin

Good God!
Duel pop chargers, lowering springs and swapping out differentials; you guys are nuts. How can all of you be sure it will all swap out? I am saving money in a separate bank for simple mods like pop charger (or two????) and maybe simple power gains like a spacer (if needed) or maybe even exhaust. But you guys are talking like you have the car. Are you sure all the things you speak of will work??

O and what else do you think will work for the 07 as far as upgrades motor and suspension. I am assuming the 06-lip thread will work on the 07. But what else is already out there that can apply to the 07

Cheers

Kevin
Old 12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
Good God!
Duel pop chargers, lowering springs and swapping out differentials; you guys are nuts. How can all of you be sure it will all swap out? I am saving money in a separate bank for simple mods like pop charger (or two????) and maybe simple power gains like a spacer (if needed) or maybe even exhaust. But you guys are talking like you have the car. Are you sure all the things you speak of will work??

O and what else do you think will work for the 07 as far as upgrades motor and suspension. I am assuming the 06-lip thread will work on the 07. But what else is already out there that can apply to the 07

Cheers

Kevin
Dunno... I'll let you know if it works as I try it all... lol. Suspension mods will most likely be anything 06 compatible. Since there is nothing noted in changes made to the 07 suspension, that is. Engine mods is going to be a wait and see. Until something is marketed specifically for a VQ35HR I won't be buying it. Until then, the 06 lips, Nismo skirts or possibly even a Nismo v2 or v3 bumper should all be doable. If the engine stuff takes too long I might end up getting a BBK before the popchargers. Hey! I can dream can't I? Jeez
Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
d0utkast

just been wondering about the 07 z..
which model do you guys think is the best deal?
i was planning to get the track model but it being gone..
i really don't want anything unnecessary and don't know if it's better to just buy the base model.
i really wanted the brembo brakes performance tires etc.. just the better performance feeling? lol harrr
sorry if this comes off as annoying.. haha i am kind of a noob.. okay fine a complete noob..
i'd appreciate it if you guys could give your opinion on which model and some reasoning if you don't mind.. thanks in advancee

Last edited by d0utkast; 12-20-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:36 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by d0utkast
just been wondering about the 07 z..
which model do you guys think is the best deal?
i was planning to get the track model but it being gone..
i really don't want anything unnecessary and don't know if it's better to just buy the base model.
i really wanted the brembo brakes performance tires etc.. harrr
sorry if this comes off as annoying.. haha i am kind of a noob.. okay fine a complete noob..
i'd appreciate it if you guys could give your opinion on which model and some reasoning if you don't mind.. thanks in advancee
Where's the chart Davidv?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 PM
gprro1

There's is always a cost when upping the teeth or lowering the gearing. I come from the world of dirtbikes and getting an aftermarket sprocket that has more teeth will help for those steep crawling trail climbs without killing it or fanning the clutch all the time, but on the flats you ending up zipping through the gears too quickly thus affecting flat out acceleration and smoothness. Maybe apples and oranges but seems like a sacrifice is being made.
SZ
thats apples to apples, but big giant freakin apples to mini apples. If we jumped to a 4.9 final drive maybe, or something along those lines. The 07 has a higher rev limit and suposed bigger power band so quicker gearing wouldn't hurt at all within reason. I think thats one of the reasons the G picked up around a second. Plus alot more torque in relationship to a bike I think. Thats why mountain bikes have 21 gears sometimes. You wouldn't want that gearing with a ton of power though (turbo), unless you do want to rip through the first few gears, highway exceleration would be brutal though.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:15 AM
6894kevin

Originally Posted by Deftones
Dunno... I'll let you know if it works as I try it all... lol. Suspension mods will most likely be anything 06 compatible. Since there is nothing noted in changes made to the 07 suspension, that is. Engine mods is going to be a wait and see. Until something is marketed specifically for a VQ35HR I won't be buying it. Until then, the 06 lips, Nismo skirts or possibly even a Nismo v2 or v3 bumper should all be doable. If the engine stuff takes too long I might end up getting a BBK before the popchargers. Hey! I can dream can't I? Jeez

Dream my friend, slowly slip into the the state of Z and find yourself among friends
I know i am slipping slowly into it as we speak. I can't Wait to see/drive/own/

And with all the talk about gearing i am considering that now to. Guess i had better get back to work and make that$$$ cause daddy got a new list.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 12-24-2006, 06:52 AM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

anyone have pics of what the twin intake looks like?
Old 12-24-2006, 07:25 AM
6894kevin

As far as i know therre is NO good pic's of any thing but the body, and some decent interrior pic's.

Cheers

Kevin

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread