Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:36 AM
6894kevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tekk
SMB = twilight blue from the g35 and maxima, right?
Is this True

I thought the twilight blue was lighter
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
jeeper78

If it were truely the exact same color, I'd imagine that they would call it Twilight Blue on the Z also.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:18 PM
x2k6

I don't think SMB is the same as the Altima and Maxima, on page 23 in the brocure the color code said (i think kind of hard to see) BW5 and the Altima and Maxima color codes are BW9.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 PM
x2k6

I just checked the G35, SMB it is the same as "Twilight Blue"
http://www.courtesyparts.com/infiniti/paint.html

Last edited by x2k6; 02-09-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Beeker

Just buy the car. You can always refinance it if the rates drop. Just make sure the loan you get has no prepayment penalties. Most don't but it's still a good idea to make sure.

The only thing that can suck is if a manufacturer comes out with a low interest rate incentive. If you buy a car and then a month/week/day later the manufacturer comes out with a low interest rate program you can't get it. But that can also happen with rebates, cash back, etc.

I doubt Nissan will come out with low financing or any incentives on the 2007 for a long time, if ever.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Z DreamZ

How long do you guys think it will take until a set of aftermarket dual CAIs will become available for a 2007 350Z?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Mid117

2007 Z = 03-06 Bolt-on Z right?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Z DreamZ

Originally Posted by Mid117
2007 Z = 03-06 Bolt-on Z right?
I don't think so because the 2007 350Z has dual air intakes. I can't wait to hear the sound, or should i say sounds of the new dual CAIs.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:05 AM
tomiegunzz

What the hell is San Marnio anyways? Is it a place somewhere? Why would they call it San Marnio Blue. Makes no sense to me.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 PM
6894kevin

History of San Marino
According to legend, Marino left the Adriatic island of Rab (Italian Arbe) with his lifelong friend Leo and went to the town of Rimini as a stone worker. After persecution because of his Christian sermons, he escaped to the nearby Monte Titano, where he built a small church and thus founded what is now the city and the state of San Marino. The official date of foundation of the Republic is 3 September 301.

Although he himself wasn't Jeronymite, the later refugees (descendents of the population of San Marino) that followed, (from Cres and Rab), were. Hence the motto: Libertas; (Also found on the Republic of Ragusa flag).

During the early phase of the Italian unification process of the 19th century, San Marino served as a haven of refuge for numerous persons who were persecuted because of their support for Italian unification. In memory of this support, Giuseppe Garibaldi accepted the wish of San Marino not to be incorporated into the new Italian state.

During World War II San Marino was able to officially remain neutral. Axis forces retreated through the country and were pursued by the US and Great Britain. The allied troops left the country a few weeks later.

The head of state is a committee (council) of two captains-regent. San Marino also holds the record for the world's first democratically elected communist government, which held office between 1945 and 1957.

San Marino was the world's smallest republic from 301 to 1968, losing the title to the newly independent Nauru.

San Marino became a member of the Council of Europe in 1988 and of the UN in 1992. It is not a member of the European Union.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Morris

Picked up my 07 on Thursday. Carbon Silver. It is just a shade darker than Silver Stone. Grand Touring. Put 250 miles on it this weekend. 1000 miles left to break it in!!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:44 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by Morris
Picked up my 07 on Thursday. Carbon Silver. It is just a shade darker than Silver Stone. Grand Touring. Put 250 miles on it this weekend. 1000 miles left to break it in!!

so lucky! something aobut the track wheels fit the fender wells. Oh well, welcom to the CS club. Did you get Burnt orange =)
Old 02-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Blue_Z

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
History of San Marino
According to legend, Marino left the Adriatic island of Rab (Italian Arbe) with his lifelong friend Leo and went to the town of Rimini as a stone worker. After persecution because of his Christian sermons, he escaped to the nearby Monte Titano, where he built a small church and thus founded what is now the city and the state of San Marino. The official date of foundation of the Republic is 3 September 301.

Although he himself wasn't Jeronymite, the later refugees (descendents of the population of San Marino) that followed, (from Cres and Rab), were. Hence the motto: Libertas; (Also found on the Republic of Ragusa flag).

During the early phase of the Italian unification process of the 19th century, San Marino served as a haven of refuge for numerous persons who were persecuted because of their support for Italian unification. In memory of this support, Giuseppe Garibaldi accepted the wish of San Marino not to be incorporated into the new Italian state.

During World War II San Marino was able to officially remain neutral. Axis forces retreated through the country and were pursued by the US and Great Britain. The allied troops left the country a few weeks later.

The head of state is a committee (council) of two captains-regent. San Marino also holds the record for the world's first democratically elected communist government, which held office between 1945 and 1957.

San Marino was the world's smallest republic from 301 to 1968, losing the title to the newly independent Nauru.

San Marino became a member of the Council of Europe in 1988 and of the UN in 1992. It is not a member of the European Union.

i thought it would have something to do with racing, like the other color names did in the past..
Old 02-12-2007, 09:31 AM
350zQ45a

They were following race track names. I think San Marino is the only new color that still is.

San Marino Grand Prix AKA Imola GP.

Home to the darkest weekend in F1 history
Old 02-12-2007, 01:23 PM
downforce

I know the 2007 Z doesn't have true dual exhaust. I read in the 2007 brochure that it has larger diameter exhaust though, don't know how much but it had something to do with the dual intake manifold and the variable exhaust valve timing. I do remember reading that the exhaust sound has changed, that is most likely the reason.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Nerek

So after all this reading...anyone figure out the dual intakes/popchargers?
Will those 03+ CF hoods work with the 07 as well.lol
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
shortbus1981

Well, just got back from lunch and I test drove a base 07 6 speed. First off...the hood bulge does not look all that bad in person at all. Actually kinda gives it a more muscle car look. It does not in any way interfere with your vision when driving. Other than that the interior and exterior is pretty much identical to the 06, so nothing big there.

Now onto the good stuff. The motor looks awesome. Under the hood it looks very clean and well organized. The dual intakes look sick and I can just imagine what two aftermarket intakes would look like on that thing. The engine is definitely bigger and the engine cover is larger on all sides.

Keep this in mind while reading this….I have never driven an 06. My only point of comparison is my 04 and an 05 automatic I’ve driven. First thing I noticed is the clutch is very soft with barely any travel. The catch point is tiny…and I mean tiny. I am used to having to actually use some effort to depress the clutch and having a larger catch point to work with. However it did not take long to get used to this much more tame clutch. When starting the car it revs a bit higher than my 04 and definitely got my attention. I was not expecting it to come to life as noticeably as it did.

Rowing through the gears was no different than my 04; the stick is still a bit notchy and at high revs it was tough to get the car into 4th. Granted this car had only 21 miles on it so I’m sure some break-in period is in order before it shows its true character. The motor is quite smooth, however that is characteristic of the VQ blocks. It revs quite freely and wakes up right around 3500-4000rpm, and that’s when the fun begins. At that engine speed it kicks in and provides a fun and very noticeable bit of acceleration…similar to how a turbo’d car feels when the boost kicks in, though obviously not as apparent as an FI car. The motor does get a little raspy at higher revs, which I attribute to the stock exhaust….which I must mention does not sound all that different from a previous generation Z, albeit a tad smoother.

The car drives much like my 04, yet the ride is a bit more refined…more like an import European sports car and less like the hard-edged Japanese cars. The handling is pretty much on par with any previous Z, though the steering feel is a bit more numbed and requires less effort to turn the wheel. Road noise is minimal for a sports car and at freeway speeds the car is a bit quieter than a previous generation Z.

All in all I feel it is a step in a good direction with the Z, that is as long as you desire a more refined cruiser and less of a hard nosed import.

Last edited by shortbus1981; 02-13-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Morris

Originally Posted by shortbus1981
Well, just got back from lunch and I test drove a base 07 6 speed. First off...the hood bulge does not look all that bad in person at all. Actually kinda gives it a more muscle car look. It does not in any way interfere with your vision when driving. Other than that the interior and exterior is pretty much identical to the 06, so nothing big there.

Now onto the good stuff. The motor looks awesome. Under the hood it looks very clean and well organized. The dual intakes look sick and I can just imagine what two aftermarket intakes would look like on that thing. The engine is definitely bigger and the engine cover is larger on all sides.

Keep this in mind while reading this….I have never driven an 06. My only point of comparison is my 04 and an 05 automatic I’ve driven. First thing I noticed is the clutch is very soft with barely any travel. The catch point is tiny…and I mean tiny. I am used to having to actually use some effort to depress the clutch and having a larger catch point to work with. However it did not take long to get used to this much more tame clutch. When starting the car it revs a bit higher than my 04 and definitely got my attention. I was not expecting it to come to life as noticeably as it did.

Rowing through the gears was no different than my 04; the stick is still a bit notchy and at high revs it was tough to get the car into 4th. Granted this car had only 21 miles on it so I’m sure some break-in period is in order before it shows its true character. The motor is quite smooth, however that is characteristic of the VQ blocks. It revs quite freely and wakes up right around 3500-4000rpm, and that’s when the fun begins. At that engine speed it kicks in and provides a fun and very noticeable bit of acceleration…similar to how a turbo’d car feels when the boost kicks in, though obviously not as apparent as an FI car. The motor does get a little raspy at higher revs, which I attribute to the stock exhaust….which I must mention does not sound all that different from a previous generation Z, albeit a tad smoother.

The car drives much like my 04, yet the ride is a bit more refined…more like an import European sports car and less like the hard-edged Japanese cars. The handling is pretty much on par with any previous Z, though the steering feel is a bit more numbed and requires less effort to turn the wheel. Road noise is minimal for a sports car and at freeway speeds the car is a bit quieter than a previous generation Z.

All in all I feel it is a step in a good direction with the Z, that is as long as you desire a more refined cruiser and less of a hard nosed import.
I agree with almost all of this. My 07 rides much smoother than my 03, and the clutch is MUCH smoother and catches MUCH earlier. However, I don't think the shift is notchier. My 07 shifts much smoother than my 03, but I think this varies a lot from car-to-car based on the different ones I have driven. And the hood, I like it. I can't address the issue about where the car "comes alive". I only have 350 miles on it and I am trying to break in according to the book. So, for 1200 miles, no full throttle accerleration and nothing over 4000 rpms.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:47 PM
warmmilk

hows the wheel hop?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 AM
shortbus1981

Originally Posted by warmmilk
hows the wheel hop?
Definitely less noticeable than my 04, and the one I test drove was a base model. Granted it was on relativly smooth streets/freeway.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread