Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Getting looks and thumbs up in the Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 11:52 AM
vova151

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting looks and thumbs up in the Z

Does this happen to all people that drive redesigned cars or is it specific to just certain cars? I have never in my life driven by someone in a nice sports car and waved or thumbs up or anything. I get them all the time. I just assumed it was the brickyard color If you had one of the first 300ZX or other sports car that was redesigned is the respose the same?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Moroccan_Mole

i got flashed the other day, does that count?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:20 PM
vova151

Wholy Crap! I'm still waiting on my first flashing.....I'll check on the way home today.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:22 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

any new car yes But ITS LASTING A LOT LONGER WITH THIS ONE.

i got mad looks with my talon when i first got it after they redesighned it but they faded.
then again i was in the car so throw everything i said out the window ID GET MAD LOOKS IN A KIA
Old 03-18-2003, 01:54 PM
wildone_106

Unhappy

So far the only real attention I got was from 2 old ladies.
I drove past lots of cute girls and they did'nt bat an eye lash, I guess I still gotta add the huge 747 wing on the back and neon under glow sheesh
but hey its not about that anyway
Old 03-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Z_Pride

Originally posted by wildone_106
So far the only real attention I got was from 2 old ladies.
I drove past lots of cute girls and they did'nt bat an eye lash

Really? Girl's look alot when ever I'm toodling around. Maybe it's all the driver? JK. The majority of girl's don't really look or notice, too busy worrying about guys or lipstick I'd imagine. Have you tried pulling up to them and dropping your key's out the window and saying "Hm I've seemed to of dropped the keys to my 350"? Get's em all the time
Old 03-18-2003, 03:19 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

LOTS OF GIRLS dont even know what your talkking abought talked to a chcik today and she thought i was referring to the old 300zx
Old 03-18-2003, 03:29 PM
wildone_106

hehe thats a good one I'll try it maybe
Old 03-18-2003, 03:46 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that the Z is a drivers car and that is mostly guys (no offense ladies) so, you're most likely not going to get too many ladies asking about it. I spend alot of time talking about it with people in parking lots. I met a great G35 owner here in Cville over the weekend.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:56 PM
wildone_106

I think they're just incredibly stuck up here in Seattle lol
Old 03-18-2003, 05:17 PM
DmitryZ

Originally posted by teh215
I think that the Z is a drivers car and that is mostly guys (no offense ladies) so, you're most likely not going to get too many ladies asking about it. I spend alot of time talking about it with people in parking lots. I met a great G35 owner here in Cville over the weekend.
I get lots of thumbs up and waves in my Z. Yesterday, I was driving on the NJ turnpike. All of a sudden I look in the rearview and I see this super black Z following me. I slowed down and we both gave each other thumbs up. Pretty cool.

Today, I hit some traffic getting off the NJ turnpike. So I am stuck in traffic and the car next to me starts blowing the horn. I look over and there is this woman in a boxter waving at me. She rolled down her window and said “Nice car. That’s some serious horsepower you got there!” My jaw dropped and I mumbled something stupid in reply. I am not even remotely close to Brad Pitt so its not every day that a good looking woman in a boxter tells me I have serious horsepower! She went on to tell me that she has also been looking at a Z, asked me if it had a nice ride (she meant my car) and wished me good luck. Super Cool.

I must admit that I did not like the extra attention when I got my Z. But if it makes beautiful women smiling, wave, and talk to me – than I am going to enjoy the attention while it lasts.

Dmitry
Old 03-19-2003, 02:14 AM
Zmoney

I just posted this in another thread

I went to the liquor store a few min ago to get some beer. I drove by this telemarketing place, there was a girl outside. When I left the store driving back in the same direction, there were 10 people outside waiting for me to drive back by.

Also when I go the gas station I get at least 2-3 people asking me about my Z. Ladies seem to melt when they see it. Going out with some friends the other night and this girl I just met was like "is that your car?" yeah, "OMG its so hot" (I am thinking wet too!) She was a hottie . I could tell she wanted to go for a ride but her man was already pissed since she was talking to me.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:12 AM
Static

Yeah.. its pretty normal for a new car like this to get looks and thumbs up.. but it will last a lot longer with the Z because it looks so different than anything out there, and because the Z has a history to it.

I can't count the number of times I've gotten looks and thumbs up.. ranging from Teenagers to Senior people.. this car seems to have a very nice appeal to a broad range of age groups. It seems that every time I'm at a gas station someone askes me if thats a Porsche or something... people react a LOT .. and its not even summer yet!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 08:09 AM
SirMikel1

Yup, the Z definately gets a lot of attention. Both from guys and girls. I've had a guy in a porsche give me the thumbs up and other people honking their horns to get my attention while on the road. One time this girl even started bouncing up and down on her passenger's seat, pointing, then proceeded to make out with her window. That is, until her bf gave her an evil look. That had to have been the weirdest reaction i got. A friend of mine also has a DB Z and when we drive around, the two Z's together always gets attention.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:52 AM
ZZZZME

The funniest thing for me is that since I recently took off the Nissan badge on the back of the car and replaced it with a Z emblem from the side fender, people have been almost coming out of their windows to see the front of the car to try to find out what kind it is. I actually find myself driving a little more slowly on the highway so I can watch the people pass me and stare.....also when at a red light, it is fun to watch the person behind me looking all over the back of the car and frowning, trying to figure out what the heck is that thing..