Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Will Be Buying New 2007 Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 10:38 PM
holyRECKLESS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Be Buying New 2007 Z

I have been driving for several years, but havent found a car fast enough with good handling and good looks. Before i ask about the Z i will give a brief history of my driving experience. First car was a 1996 5 speed nissan maxima. I fell in love with nissan with this car, the transmission was tight all the way to 150,000 miles. My next car was a 2000 2.7 twin turbo S4. Loved the Turbo, HATED the maintainance. I currently drive a 2005 acura RSX Type-S. I love the interior on this car but i am completely unimpressed with the total lack of power and FWD platform.

The Z has intrigued me for years becuase of its stock powerband and RWD platform. I will most likely hook the Z up with the APS twin turbo, but i was wondering if i can get away with just buying the base, or if i should turn in more cash for the higher trim levels. I know the major differences between trim levels on the car, but are they worth the money?

Also, will it be worth it to dish out the extra cash for an 07 or should I just buy an 06 on clearance?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by holyRECKLESS; 12-27-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Z33steve

Buy and 06 enth. model on clearance. Do not get the base. It strips to many basic features of the car. Most notably the LSD.

The 07 model has an "interesting" exterior change to say the least.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:06 AM
holyRECKLESS

so the 2007's added power isnt worth its looks....?

and what about VDC, what's that worth?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by Z33steve
Buy and 06 enth. model on clearance. Do not get the base. It strips to many basic features of the car. Most notably the LSD.

The 07 model has an "interesting" exterior change to say the least.

Umm nothing wrong with the base Z, jerk

I refuse to spend tons, 40 grand on a car I will replace most stock parts on, wheres the logic in that? LSD is something you can live w/o unless your life depends on it

Last edited by MasterRacer; 12-28-2006 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:42 AM
Axel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1
Old 12-28-2006, 04:53 AM
StewartZ

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Umm nothing wrong wiht the base Z, jerk

I refuse to spend tons 40 grand on a car I will replace most stock parts on, wheres the logic in that? LSD is something you can live w/o unless your life depends on it
hahaha base z power
Old 12-28-2006, 04:57 AM
CRAZZD

If you are going to mod it like you said I would not get an 07. Like the other guy said get the 06 at clearance or used. Do not get the base. I would go with the enthusist for your project. The VDC or TC can be turned off.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:18 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome.

I cant possibly determine which model is best for you. You can get a leftover 2006 for a decent price, but selection if limited. If you must have a specific model and color, then search the 2007 inventory in a couple of months.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:22 AM
igetgreens

Originally Posted by holyRECKLESS
so the 2007's added power isnt worth its looks....?

and what about VDC, what's that worth?
I usually drive with the VDC off except for when it rains really hard. as for the trim level, the reason i got the touring was the bose sound system (which doesn't impress me much), the leather seats, and butt warmer (this is a life saver for those cold winter mornings and nights)
Old 12-28-2006, 06:18 AM
ZSpectrum

i have a base and wish i had vdc for when it rains here. The z is not pleasant to say the least in the rain.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:28 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
i have a base and wish i had vdc for when it rains here. The z is not pleasant to say the least in the rain.

Thats an easy fix, its called get NEW TIREs lol the
Potenzas on the Z are living proof of CRAP! There problem solved
shall I give you my pay pal address for payment
Old 12-28-2006, 06:46 AM
holyRECKLESS

what's the difference between VDC and TC?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:04 AM
tranceformer95

TC = traction control. All it does is limit wheel spin by cutting power. Kinda feels like the engine stalling, its weird.

VDC = Vehicle Dynamic Control(?) - Keeps the car pointed in the right direction, fishtailing etc. I don't have this so i duno much more.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:08 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
TC = traction control. All it does is limit wheel spin by cutting power. Kinda feels like the engine stalling, its weird.

VDC = Vehicle Dynamic Control(?) - Keeps the car pointed in the right direction, fishtailing etc. I don't have this so i duno much more.

My TC on my base is called letting foot up off of gas
and my VDC is called knowing how to steer
Old 12-28-2006, 07:14 AM
06r33z

get the base it even weighs less. then buy a nismo lsd
Old 12-28-2006, 07:53 AM
lottness

Yeah nothing wrong with buying a base. I ended up getting the base cause i didnt want to pay extra for items that I did not need or want. I have driven it in everything from heavy to light rain and it does fine. I mean common sense is driving in rain = drive slower and watch out for other idiots out on the road. I will recomend that you loose the stock potenzas as stated above, hell they loose traction even on dry pavement.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Deftones

I have been driving for several years, but havent found a car fast enough with good handling and good looks. Before i ask about the Z i will give a brief history of my driving experience. First car was a 1996 5 speed nissan maxima. I fell in love with nissan with this car, the transmission was tight all the way to 150,000 miles. My next car was a 2000 2.7 twin turbo S4. Loved the Turbo, HATED the maintainance. I currently drive a 2005 acura RSX Type-S. I love the interior on this car but i am completely unimpressed with the total lack of power and FWD platform.

The Z has intrigued me for years becuase of its stock powerband and RWD platform. I will most likely hook the Z up with the APS twin turbo, but i was wondering if i can get away with just buying the base, or if i should turn in more cash for the higher trim levels. I know the major differences between trim levels on the car, but are they worth the money?

Also, will it be worth it to dish out the extra cash for an 07 or should I just buy an 06 on clearance?

Thank you in advance for your help.
One thing to consider if you are planning to go with a TT kit is that the 07 has an entirely new engine and it will take time for aftermarket engine modifcations to become available. I don't know what your timeline is of when you want to complete your TTZ... but if it's anytime soon, it's simply not gonna happen. Unless of course you end up picking up an 06 instead. There's some great deals right now since Nissan is trying to clear stock before the 07's roll in. My personal preference would be an Enthusiast Coupe mainly for the LSD. My only other reason to go up in trim levels would be to get some Brembos. All the other stuff like NAV, leather, heated seats, etc. etc. doesn't really mean **** to me. If you really want these things you can add them later. With that same arguement, you can buy a base and add the LSD and BBK as well, but like I said, personal preference. I think that the new engine, intake and exhaust is reason enough to get the 07. I would imagine somebody such as yourself with your TT intention would prioritize performance before looks. I'm sure there will be aftermarket hoods for the 07 which look nicer if that's a major issue for you as it is for many people. Good luck and welcome.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:09 AM
rocks

LOL ricer. a tt S4 isnt fast enough? With minor mods those things make like 450hp
Old 12-28-2006, 09:24 AM
holyRECKLESS

i drive hard, believe me. i had the S4 hooked up with the APR stage 3 kit (bigger K04 turbos) but it just wasnt fast enough. The engine died because i drove it too hard. the reliability on audi's is horrible, thats why i want to stick with a japanese car. i love the all around dependability, looks, and RWD platform offered by the Z.

I didnt come here to brag about anything, i've been reading your forums lately and it seems like alot of guys on here know what theyre talkin about.

reckless
Old 12-28-2006, 09:28 AM
rocks

You would be better off getting a 2006. Nissan customer service is horrible though so if you break your Z expect to hire a lawyer to get it fixed.

Quick Reply: Will Be Buying New 2007 Z