2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

the Uber Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
greybrimstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the Uber Z

Greetings list,
I'm new to this forum so please feel free to smack me if I say something stupid. Prior to this I was a DSM guy with a highly modified 3000GT VR4. I've since sold my VR4 because I wanted change, and I wanted something lighter. In the process of hunting I found and bought a 35th Anniversary edition 350Z. The car is sweet but its not as fast as my VR4 was... not yet.

I want to modify the Z and I want to learn about the do's and the don'ts. My goal is to bump my car up to 400bhp, but I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. Can I find stages? Are there any good turbokits that anyone here has used? Where do I get my parts? Who has the best parts for the best prices? I have a million questions about what to do here.

I know a lot about DSM... but nothing about my Z... yet.

-Greybrimstone
Old 03-22-2007, 01:40 PM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Learn how to browse and search, if you follow my advise you will be ok. If you don't and continue to post threads like the one above you will not have fun here. Read all the faq's and other sticky threads too.

Can I find stages? Are there any good turbokits that anyone here has used? Where do I get my parts? Who has the best parts for the best prices? I have a million questions about what to do here.
^^^^They have all been asked and answered many times before.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
TacoMadre

/\ *edit* beat me to it

Welcome!

You're gonna get this alot so I'll be your first, "the search button is your friend"
Old 03-22-2007, 01:45 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by greybrimstone
Greetings list,
I'm new to this forum so please feel free to smack me if I say something stupid. Prior to this I was a DSM guy with a highly modified 3000GT VR4. I've since sold my VR4 because I wanted change, and I wanted something lighter. In the process of hunting I found and bought a 35th Anniversary edition 350Z. The car is sweet but its not as fast as my VR4 was... not yet.

I want to modify the Z and I want to learn about the do's and the don'ts. My goal is to bump my car up to 400bhp, but I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. Can I find stages? Are there any good turbokits that anyone here has used? Where do I get my parts? Who has the best parts for the best prices? I have a million questions about what to do here.

-Greybrimstone
Hello fellow DSMer... first off what year Z you got?

The Z doesn't respond nearly as well to bolt-ons as our cars do. Quickest and cheapest way to go is nitrous. Other than that the Turbonetics single turbo kit will get you there easy. If you got an '07 you're gonna have to wait a while since parts are still in the R+D phase.

Check out the other sections in the forum to find your answers... they're evrywhere.

Doesn't matter though... no matter what you do, the RSX is still faster.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:46 PM
TUNER350

you chose a nice car man buttttttttt hit that search feature also go into the subforums and what not you see some really insane stuff like a 420z lol its nutz oh well best of luck
Old 03-22-2007, 01:47 PM
TUNER350

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc

The Z doesn't respond nearly as well to bolt-ons as our cars do. Quickest and cheapest way to go is nitrous. Other than that the Turbonetics single turbo kit will get you there easy. If you got an '07 you're gonna have to wait a while since parts are still in the R+D phase.

Check out the other sections in the forum to find your answers... they're evrywhere.

he got a 35th anniversary=2005
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by TUNER350
he got a 35th anniversary=2005
God I'm blind... I didn't even see that.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
greybrimstone

She's a 05 Annaversary edition 350Z... and yeah I miss my VR4... but I love my Z. ;]
Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
bboypuertoroc

I thought this was funny... how many DSM's have you had?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
TUNER350

She's a 05 Annaversary edition 350Z... and yeah I miss my VR4... but I love my Z. ;]
did you ever read that "you are a dsm owner if..." thing its funny as hell
Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
TUNER350

God I'm blind... I didn't even see that.
ya its been a long day too lol
Old 03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
greybrimstone

By the way... what do you mean when you sayd that the Z doesn't respond to bold-ons as well as the DSM's do?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
greybrimstone

Default Thanks for all the help already by the way

Just wanted to thank everyone for such quick response and help with this issue. I very much appreciate it!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:02 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way... what do you mean when you sayd that the Z doesn't respond to bold-ons as well as the DSM's do?
I think what is meant is that relative to the cost of purchase & installation the HP gains are minimal.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings list,

-Greybrimstone

BEFORE you spend a single penny ( of which many more will follow!!) you need to determine what the end result will be. In my case, I wanted to get the most out of the car and prepare for F/I if I decided to do so later on. I had a full work up done to the chassis. If & when I go FI that will not be an issue. i would suugest the following:

(1) decide if Fi is an option down the road. If so don't wast money on things that will be replaced ( ie 2" exhaust when you will need 3" to go with the F/I system). If you are not sure stillstay away from things that will be eplaced; at least until you make a firm decision on this issue.
(2) If you want to go N/A research to find parts that will work together
(3) Do alot of research on the forum ( yes that means using the search function ...lol)

Become more educated because the more you know the less cash you blow!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
greybrimstone

F/I system? I don't even know what that is yet... guess I do have a lot of research to do. Its amazing though, every car that I purchase and modify is like meeting a new woman and learning all about her. I'll start using that search function...

Quick Reply: the Uber Z