Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Curious: What is everyone's opinion on Silverstone now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 11:16 AM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curious: What is everyone's opinion on Silverstone now?

I know several ppl were dissapointed/distraught when Nissan released the single "tired" pic of the Silverstone. Now that we are finally seeing more and more pics popping up, what are you general opinions?

I for one love the color even more then I did then, although I still have no idea what the color will look like. Almost every picture of it looks like a different color than the rest....some look silver...some look charcoal, some look gunmetal....some look sea foam green (especially autoweek's) I think my favorite pics are the ones from the Audi guy that reviewed it (I'm too lazy to look up his name, but that was awful nice of him to supply so much info ( Thank YOU)and redeam the Audi crowd after that one boy's comments, TTBoy or whatever his name was with the fat wallet and missing dictionary)
I can't wait to see the pics in the mag, better yet I can't wait to see it in my driveway.

have the pics calmed anyones nerves? impressed? indifferent? or still wanting to change colors? just curious where the color stand as it was suppose to be the most ordered, but was most hated on a while back.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:37 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

I think the Silverstone looks great....

I am still torn between the Blue and the Silverstone... since I have yet to see any of them in person. Therefore, I have had to rely on pictures... and each picture shows each car in a different "light".

I will have a chance in August to personally view almost every color...

Then comes decision time.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:18 PM
jran76

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
I think the Silverstone looks great....

I am still torn between the Blue and the Silverstone... since I have yet to see any of them in person. Therefore, I have had to rely on pictures... and each picture shows each car in a different "light".

I will have a chance in August to personally view almost every color...

Then comes decision time.
I am happy with the Silverstone, and I think everytime I see it, it looks better. I agree with Fairlady though the Blue is nice, and I think it may look a little better, but I do not think that in 2 years I would be as happy with the Blue.... But, those two colors are both very nice.
Old 07-25-2002, 03:39 PM
thewoff

I went and saw the Titanium Maxima....same color code. It's absolutely breathtaking. It seems almost as the paint takes on a different hue...with every different reflection of light. I saw it in mid day and then went back at night to see if there was much difference. It seems to take on more of a gunmetal look during the night. Just my $0.02, but I'm very pleased with my color choice.
Old 07-25-2002, 04:05 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is still my favorite color. I was worried for half a minute, but stuck with it. I really like all the colors. My second favorite has become the PPW followed by the DB, LS, BY, RL, then SB. I can t place the CS, I think it is a nice color but bas become typical. (Perhaps I gazed too long for many nights at it.)
Old 07-25-2002, 05:43 PM
goofyZ

when I first ordered I was torn between the cs and silverstone. The sales guy wrongly told me the car in the ad was silvestone eventhough most thought it was cs(also wrong). so I ordered silverstone. I had my hand on the phone numorous times to change my order. I didn't as more and more pix came in I was thrilled with my decision.

and then came blue. wow is that striking!! I don't know
Old 07-25-2002, 05:54 PM
nblancha
Charter Member #80

I love the blue more then the silverstone, BUT my current car is almost exactly the same blue. You can't buy a new car the same color as the old car. So I am looking forward to silverstone.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:04 PM
Zboy

Originally posted by nblancha
You can't buy a new car the same color as the old car.
Where does it say that in the bible?
Old 07-25-2002, 06:14 PM
azmo

I think the silverstone looks great. Much better then i expected. However, i dont know if it will look the best at night. I love the way it looks in the recent pics taken by the audi tt guy. But on the other hand its looks to dark grayish in most of the autoweek pics that are not taken in direct sunlight. Takes away the shine and mettalic look. Overall..looks pretty damn good. Good choice for those that chose it.
Old 07-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Brad4rdHay

(wipes tear from eye) It's just so...so beautiful.
Old 07-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Yuichi

Talking Silverstone is cool

When I saw the silverstone in person I must say its one of my favorite colors now. I think the S2000 Honda has hte same exact color. I could be wrong.. but its very similar for those of you guys who need somethig to compare too. All the Z needs now are some red sporty seats huh?

I'm drawn between the silverstone and daytona blue but still have not seen the lemans in person.

The lemans and silver will be at our http://Zfest.org show in Nor Cal. So if you can make it out and see for yourself

zya
Yuichi
http://StrictlyZ.com
http://ZDriver.com
Old 07-25-2002, 07:40 PM
NiZZan
Charter Member #77

I like the silverstone. This is the correct choice of colors, at least in my opinion. I like a few of the other colors, but I'm sticking to silverstone for more than one reason. One of which is too late to change.
Old 07-25-2002, 07:59 PM
rai

Silverstone for me. I think it makes the door handles stand out less which is good. Also being named after a F1 racetrack is better than being named after a nascar track don't you think?
Old 07-25-2002, 08:09 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by nblancha
I love the blue more then the silverstone, BUT my current car is almost exactly the same blue. You can't buy a new car the same color as the old car. So I am looking forward to silverstone.
I am in your same situation as yourself. I currently have a bright blue car, much like the Daytona, but not as nice. I love it, but I need some change.

I did NOT like the Silverstone at all when I first saw the pics, but I have to admit that the new pictures are better. The color has grown on me, and now I really like it. I probably like the blue more, but like I said... time for a change.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:25 PM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by rai
Silverstone for me. I think it makes the door handles stand out less which is good. Also being named after a F1 racetrack is better than being named after a nascar track don't you think?
Definitely like your thinking, Rai.......

I love the silverstone, I was looking for a classy sports car look. I had a Blue TT Z32 when I was 21 so I've done the turns heads, look at me race car look.......now I'm 25 and I want to turn a different group of heads this time around. I will admit I was temtpted by Daytona blue though....I'm sure it will be a favorite and probably liked by most over the Silverstone.

I guess as I proceed to build my utopia I will just have to find a nice girl with a blue 350 (altough any color would be fine so long as it isn't Silverstone) On second thought, it would be worth it for shock value alone.

ring ring

Mom....."Hey Josh, how's my boy.....what are you up to?"
Josh....."Oh, not a lot, just got through spraying down the Silverstone twins, I'm gonna sponge em down and then probably take a few pics to put on the internet......what are you doing?"

Old 07-25-2002, 09:14 PM
Jewelz350

I think the Silverstone is a very refined look. The pics are definitely getting better.

Hey ColecatZ, I didn't choose Daytona Blue because I wanted a "look at me race car look." I just wanted something a little different. If people happen to look at me then that would be icing on the cake!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Gish

I, too, was worried I made the wrong choice. It was quickly alleviated when I saw the AudiTT site pics. WOW!!

But I still have to admit I LOVE the Daytona Blue. If I wasn't going to own the car for 6 years I wiuld prob get the blue. Can't go wrong with either!

Gish

Quick Reply: Curious: What is everyone's opinion on Silverstone now?