I noticed the Stillen Z...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 02:19 PM
UFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I see why he got banned,

Originally posted by Vinnracer
Bunch of jealously lurks here-C-ya
LOL! How is it jealousy? It's just freakin' plastic that anyone could buy.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:33 PM
mashoutposse

Uhhhhhhh... I like the NSX.
Old 05-03-2003, 04:41 PM
mcclaskz

jealous? not so much...
there is no accounting for taste!
How could anyone like that boy-racer front facia?
Old 05-03-2003, 06:48 PM
Subw00er

wow I hate to say it, but you officially made the z and nsx RICE. Too much can sometimes be....too much.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:06 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Thumbnails I noticed the Stillen Z...-domo-copy.jpg  
Old 05-03-2003, 07:13 PM
bigworm521

come on,

really it looks great....

FOR ME TO POOP ON!
Old 05-03-2003, 07:43 PM
rouxeny

Really, no offense, and no, I'm really really not jealous. Those headlight covers are hideous. Absolutely tacky. I'm not really a fan of the Stillen body kit either, but it would probably be tolerable without those covers.

If this guy is really your friend, convince him to ditch those covers. The headlights on the Z are one of the most distinctive features. Remember, friends don't let friends drive hideous Z's.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:56 PM
rodH

why would someone take a $35k car and make it look like a $12k car?? seriously, WHY???
Old 05-04-2003, 11:05 AM
TampaBayNSX-R

Default A truly sad statement...

Originally posted by rouxeny
Really, no offense, and no, I'm really really not jealous. Those headlight covers are hideous. Absolutely tacky. I'm not really a fan of the Stillen body kit either, but it would probably be tolerable without those covers.

If this guy is really your friend, convince him to ditch those covers. The headlights on the Z are one of the most distinctive features. Remember, friends don't let friends drive hideous Z's.
After reading the comments in this thread I find it disappointing that fellow enthusiasts are either unwilling or unable to respect that each of us has our own preferences and style with regard to personalizing our cars. If you like what someone has done to their car then great...you've found an idea that you can perhaps use on your own car. After all, imitation is the highest form of flattery, as they say. If you don't care for what someone has done to their car, simply don't do it to yours...and keep the rude comments where they belong...somewhere else. This is a forum created for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Shouldn't we all offer each other a little more respect here? Give it a shot guys...we'll all be the better for it.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:33 PM
failsafe
....for your health

each of us has our own preferences and style with regard to personalizing our cars
rouxeny was simply expressing his own opinion about the headlight covers. He did not call the guys car trash or say "your car sucks". He simply said he thought the headlight covers were tacky. Next time think before you get up on your soap box to start preaching about respecting opinions.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:37 PM
lew f

Default Dual Exhaust

Have any of you seen the Stillen Dual Exhaust? If so, have any of you installed it?
Old 05-04-2003, 08:25 PM
TampaBayNSX-R

Originally posted by failsaf3
rouxeny was simply expressing his own opinion about the headlight covers. He did not call the guys car trash or say "your car sucks". He simply said he thought the headlight covers were tacky. Next time think before you get up on your soap box to start preaching about respecting opinions.
failsaf3,
I was not "singling out" Rouxeny's comments but simply using them as an example of the MANY comments in this thread that could be characterized at best as disrepectful and at worst rude. There are several individuals who were less tactful than he. Other's made comments like "run it off a cliff" and "It looks great...for me to poop on" which gets the prize for "most mature" comment in the thread so far. So, contrary to your opinion failsaf, I DID THINK before I spoke. If other's had done the same earlier in this thread we wouldn't be having this debate now would we? Bottom line, we're all here because we love the Z and it shouldn't be too hard to do that in our own individual ways without stepping on each other. Now, let's get back to the cars!

Last edited by TampaBayNSX-R; 05-04-2003 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:17 PM
D'oh

Not a fan of any of the parts, but I appreciate the pictures. It's nice to see people enthusiastic about the car, even if it is not something everyone likes. It's also nice to see that person share what he/she has done, so others will know not to repeat the same mistakes (ooooh, just kidding on that last part )

Thanks again for the pics.

-D'oh!
Old 05-04-2003, 09:22 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R
failsaf3,
I was not "singling out" Rouxeny's comments but simply using them as an example of the MANY comments in this thread that could be characterized at best as disrepectful and at worst rude. There are several individuals who were less tactful than he. Other's made comments like "run it off a cliff" and "It looks great...for me to poop on" which gets the prize for "most mature" comment in the thread so far. So, contrary to your opinion failsaf, I DID THINK before I spoke. If other's had done the same earlier in this thread we wouldn't be having this debate now would we? Bottom line, we're all here because we love the Z and it shouldn't be too hard to do that in our own individual ways without stepping on each other. Now, let's get back to the cars!
Agreed. You are correct that there are some responses that qualify as less than mature. However I don't think that rouxeny's was one of them- That's why I don't understand why you used him as the example. You are correct though, we are all Z owners and need to save our negative comments.........for the Mustang owners (j/k)