Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This might be the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me -or- Don't Vomit in my Z!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 06:47 AM
Phrizzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This might be the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me -or- Don't Vomit in my Z!

Sorry about this, but this might be a long post, I'm just curious if anything like this has ever happened to anyone else...unlikely at best...

Ok, the other day I had quite an experience in my Z.
It was just after midnight on a Thursday and I wanted some Gatorade so I headed for the Chevron.

I live in one of the biggest speed traps I've ever seen, just north of Houston in the Woodlands/Shenandoah/Conroe area, so I'm on the feeder road of I-45 cruising along at about 50mph (in a 45 zone) and I see a cop pulling a Mustang over near the center divider. The Mustang driver is getting back into the car so I think to myself, "Watch out for that cop on the way home."

Suddenly the cop rushes the Mustang, gun drawn, and yanks the door open, pulling the driver out and slamming him/her against the concrete divider. Now I'm thinking, "Damn, I really gotta watch out for that guy."
So I pass another cop pulled off of the road radaring traffic and I make the left turn and proceed to the Chevron.

All in all, I passed 9 cops in the 4.75 mile round trip, 5 of whom had people pulled over, like I said, the biggest speed trap I've ever seen.

Anyway, that is not the weird part of the story.

I pull into the Chevron and park in between 2 tow trucks, there were 6 total there.

There was also a kind of dirty looking older woman sitting against the building.
She had a sort of homeless quality to her, like maybe she had just become homeless, or maybe just showers once a week or so for whatever reason.

I hop out of the car and turn towards the door, but this lady is standing between my car and the building now.

Her: "I was wondering if you could help me?"
Me: "I don't know. What do you need?"
Her: "I've been kind of sick lately."
Me: "I'm sorry to hear that, what can I..."
Her: "And I'm stranded."
Then she made a really weird face and I sort of laughed nervously.
Me: "Where do you need to go?"
Her: "That's great! Thank you so much!"
Me: "No, where do you need to go, I have to be at work in like 5 minutes." <---- lying
Her: "I really appreciate it, it's not far."
Me: "Where exactly?"
Her: "A motel."
Me: "Which one?"
Her: "I don't know exactly, a cheap one."

Nothing in this area of Houston is "cheap" so I proceed to the store making sure my doors are locked.
Of course it's after midnight so the doors to the store are locked too. I turn back around and she is proceeding to take her shoes off. Now I'm concerned and she turns back to me smiling and holding a bundle of cloth and some very wrinkled Wal-Mart bags filled with I-don't-know-what.

Her: "I'm pretty sure it's going to pass now."

Apparently she had been talking the entire time I was standing in front of the doors thinking of a way to escape (preferably with Gatorade, but at this point that's optional)

Me: "What's going to pass?"
Her: "I've been sick all day, but it's OK. I took some Eppicat, I'm supposed to be throwing up." (sorry about the spelling, but it's another name for Castor Oil which is used to induce vomiting)
Me: "Throwing up? I don't know..."

So she begins walking to the passenger side of my car. I hit the unlock button ONCE and get in fast and begin praying, "Please please please please let the passenger door stay locked please please please." She lifts the handle and seems genuinely confused when it doesn't open and let's me know that it must still be locked. I tell her I know and start the engine so she comes around the car to my window. At this point I manually lock my door so I'm feeling pretty safe so I don't take off and she begins thrusting her bags and bundles at my window in a "here at least take this" gesture. I roll the window down about an inch and ask what those things are. She says, and I'm going to quote her, though I may have misunderstood what she said, "It's just my esophagous."

I nod slowly and say uuhhh-huuh. at which point she turns to face the store, thank God/Allah/Buddah and everyone else her head was facing away from my car because the foulest green liquid I have ever seen begins spraying from her mouth, and I believe a little bit from her nose while she makes very unhappy noises.

I said, "Aww hell naw!" and left tracks in reverse, she actually came running after my car yelling "It's ok!"
I fishtailed out of the parking lot and didn't look back.

I have since then seen her running, not jogging, but actually running as if from the cops, up and down Research Forest Blvd a couple of times. I gave a good description to friends and they have been issuing sighting reports of her as well.

I have a few questions about this:

1) Was it wrong not to give her a ride, even before I knew she was going to try and paint the interior of my new car green?

2) Was I possibly the victim of a hidden camera show? Doubtful since I have seen her on the streets now.

3) This is the only Chevron around here that isn't charging 1.80+ for Premium, what brands of gas do you people recommend since she seems to be camped near my regular station and I don't want to risk an encounter again any time soon. Crazy vomitous homeless people make me nervous, especially when I've pissed them off.

And if you've gotten this far, thanks for putting up with me
Oh yeah, I did get my Gatorade, from the Shell down the street.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:04 AM
SandMan

You've been Punk'd
j/k crazy story though, I would have done the same thing. Sorry but I like my interior "stock"
Old 05-08-2003, 07:14 AM
jesseenglish

LOL, great story, and hell no I wouldn't have given her a ride.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:23 AM
WayneTN

Default Re: This might be the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me -or- Don't Vomit in my Z!

Originally posted by Phrizzer
Was it wrong not to give her a ride
No, considering the time and circumstances you did the right thing to protect yourself and your car. However, the woman could have been very sick and (it appears to me) to have had some mental problems. It probably would have been appropriate to have called the police and reported it or have had one of the wrecker drivers report it to the police. They are trained - and get paid (albeit not enough) - to handle such problems. Seems like there were enough of them around at the speed trap.

WayneTN
Old 05-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Phrizzer

Default Yeah...

Originally posted by WayneTN
No, considering the time and circumstances you did the right thing to protect yourself and your car. However, the woman could have been very sick and (it appears to me) to have had some mental problems. It probably would have been appropriate to have called the police and reported it or have had one of the wrecker drivers report it to the police. They are trained - and get paid (albeit not enough) - to handle such problems. Seems like there were enough of them around at the speed trap.

WayneTN

I guess I forgot to mention that some of the drivers were outside leaning against their trucks so the vomiting noises, my 2 wheel chirps and her screaming in the parking lot should have gotten some sort of attention from them.

Also, somewhere in there, she told me specifically not to take her to the hospital...

But the last time I saw her she was still running free...and still carrying the Wal-Mart bags too.

I think she was on drugs and had taken Castor Oil to purge her system, hence her reluctance to go to the hospital.

PS
I checked the outside of the car when I got to the Shell, not even a tiny bit of spatter on the car...whew!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:50 AM
cluofi

SARS---look out

but seriously i dont give rides to strangers after a friend of mine gave a ride and the guy refused to get out of his car.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:59 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Man, that's a WILD story! And there's no way I'd give that lady a ride--especially since she didn't want to go to a hospitol but claimed to be very sick. It sounds like something was wrong with her upstairs.

But seriously, I think you did the right thing--I think I would have called the cops, just in case--I would want her hurting herself or someone else if she really was sick.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Zmoney

I thought you were going to tell us she puked on your car. Good story though. I dont think i would of let her in my car. If she ralphed in car you would have to smell that for a long time. Mix in some good ole Houston heat and you got a nasty smell.

I gave a drunk guy a ride across a busy street one time but he wasnt homeless. He asked me for a ride and I didnt want him to get hit by a car. Said that it was the nicest car he had ever been in and really apprecaited the ride.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Damn dude, thats almost scary. You did the right thing, I don't want to sound like a @sshole, but unless someone is looking like its life or death they ain't getting a ride from me. You gotta do the odds figure every 1/10 people is gonna jack you. In todays world those just ai'nt good odds. Besides from what she sounds like she couldn't even afford a motel. So the only other thing you really could have done is notified the popo and got on with your life.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:11 AM
neohalo1

I was waiting for the 'she threw up in car' punch line....
Anyway, I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. If she was sick and needed medical attention, I would have called someone perhaps.

*Remember* never trust strangers!!
Old 05-08-2003, 09:17 AM
BigBadBuford

That kind of thing has happened to me before too. I was out with my brother one and a friend one night, they were riding is his T/A and I was in my Buick and we pulled into a store to get a drink. We came out and there was this drunk/homeless guy waiting for us. He asked my brother for a ride and he said no and he asked me and I said, "Yeah, right.." in a sarcastic tone. I guess he was too dumb to get sarcasm so he says, "Thanks man" and runs over to my passenger door waiting for me to get in. I got in and turned on the car and started pulling out and the guy starts pounding on my window. He starts yelling something and running towards my side. I think my brother is freaked too and we both peeled out in reverse, luckily in the same direction so we didn't hit each other, then took off with the guy running down the street after us. I don't think I'd ever give a ride to anyone I met on the street!
Old 05-08-2003, 09:48 AM
alienx

So that's where my sister has gotten off too.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:56 AM
jj1814

Could have very well been a police sting op for prostitution! If she didnt tell you that she had to regurgitate, you would have let her in the car and you could have been staying overnight in the county jail.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:57 PM
AAAA

WTF
Old 05-08-2003, 01:56 PM
skippyracer7

thats a pretty weird story. I live in the woodlands, and the cops are absolutely crazy! Stay away from Lake Woodlands IMO that is the worst.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:43 PM
MikeW

Puke green on Super Black would have looked like a softball uniform.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:32 PM
orhanz33

your car would've looked like the 2F2F 350z...i thought you were gonna say she threw the bags filled w/ her "esophagus" on your car...there's always a crackhead asking me for a ride/change/food (some of them are pretty slick) when i go to the barbershop...i just pray they don't do anything stupid and run while i'm getting my haircut....
Old 05-08-2003, 05:58 PM
cheeves

Sounds like something from Stephen King...
Old 05-08-2003, 06:22 PM
christurismohk

Thanks for sharing...and sure it was freaky!
I am SOOO glad you didnt give her a ride...the moral of the story is, never talk to strangers.
becareful out there!