http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1847887720
Old 08-02-2002, 11:08 PM
uf300zx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BS
Old 08-02-2002, 11:11 PM
jelledge

Thumbs down Keep your worthless crap off this site!

What a piece of ****. You are selling a performance part for a car that is not even released. Least of all we all know what a rip off your worthless crap is. I sure hope some innocent idiot doesn't buy this part and try putting it on. Since the Z already runs premium gas and advanced ignition timing the ONLY thing this product would do is damage your engine.

Take this horse crap over to the Hyundai board and leave us alone!
Old 08-02-2002, 11:17 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Keep your worthless crap off this site!

Originally posted by jelledge
What a piece of ****. You are selling a performance part for a car that is not even released. Least of all we all know what a rip off your worthless crap is. I sure hope some innocent idiot doesn't buy this part and try putting it on. Since the Z already runs premium gas and advanced ignition timing the ONLY thing this product would do is damage your engine.

You're quite the detective, aren't you. Please notice that the seller is located in NY, while 6kLaunch is in CA.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:22 PM
jelledge

Default who gives a rat's azz

Yeah, I noticed what's your point? Hmmm let's see guy post a link to an ebay item with no message.......Hmmmmmm, why would anyone do that.....hmmmmmm......

p.s.
You can call me Sherlock.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:23 PM
InternetABYSS

you on your period droid? you have been very hateful lately.....

this not a flame

....u have a family dealth or something?
Old 08-02-2002, 11:33 PM
droideka

Default Re: who gives a rat's azz

Yeah, I noticed what's your point? Hmmm let's see guy post a link to an ebay item with no message.......Hmmmmmm, why would anyone do that.....hmmmmmm......

p.s.
You can call me Sherlock.
What's my point? Oh, I don't know, maybe contributions like this from 6kLaunch lead me to believe that he is in no way affiliated with the seller.

Sherlock? I think it's more like Inspector Clusoe, don't you?
Old 08-02-2002, 11:34 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: Keep your worthless crap off this site!

\

Its not a part, its instructions on h ow to advance the timing on a car. This will cause the spark to light before tdc of piston, therefor the full blast will be had on the down stroke. Can mess up emissions and can burn a hole in the piston if done incorrectly and in rare cases.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:35 PM
tbcz

Please cool it guys...

jelledge please check your private messages.

(not you barnicleboy )
Old 08-03-2002, 12:02 AM
MaximumHP

I've heard of people doing similar things with a resistor between the Intake air temperature sensor and the ECU. It tricks the computer into thinking the air entering the engine is colder than it really is. The ECU sees this, and advances the timing accordingly. while in theory this may seem good, the mass airflow sensor and the intake air temperature sensor also determine the correct amount of fuel for ideal combustion. Advancing the timing can also cause detonation which usually is destructive to the engine, especially over time. Since the knock sensor will usually detect this detonation, it's designed to retard the timing when this occurs, negating all the advance you just put in. The product does what he claims, but most newer cars will not gain much horsepower and can likely reduce power. You will not see 20 HP from 2 degrees of advance timing in the Z, much less any modern car.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:06 AM
6kLaunch

Wow, did we get out of bed grumpy this morning? I saw this on Ebay and thought it was interesting that someone would be selling this product for a 350z, since the car isn't available. I didn't want to bias you opinions with mine, so thats why the FYI.... FOR YOUR INFORMATION.

Seems like some folks are looking harder to flame folks than interpret information...

Drive a tight line

Last edited by 6kLaunch; 08-03-2002 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:12 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by 6kLaunch
Wow, did we get out of bed grumpy this morning? I saw this on Ebay and thought it was interesting that someone would be selling this product for a 350z, since the car isn't available. I didn't want to bias you opinions with mine, so thats why the FYI.... FOR YOUR INFORMATION.

Seems like some folks are looking harder to flame folks than interpret information...

Drive a tight line
I think it may upset people because its obviously catered for one of those born every minute.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:19 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Seems to me that you were unfairly flamed 6Klaunch, but people do assume that when a link to ebay is put up here, the person putting the link up is probably the seller. Might be better in the future, if you disavow any ownership of the product mentioned. Also, thanks to everyone here, especially ebs350, for explaining why this little gizmo or manuel or whatever it is, is probably a rip-off.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:30 AM
6kLaunch

Thumbs up

You are right Robbyn, I should of said something about the product not being mine. I was in a little bit of a hurry and frankly it never entered my mind.

Drive a tight line !
Old 08-03-2002, 12:40 AM
___DJK___

Theres a ton of ppl on ebay selling that kind of **** for all kinds of cars. If you really want a laugh, take a look at some of the feedback those ppl get on that crap they sell. "this ******* ruined my car, dont buy from him!" hahaha
Old 08-03-2002, 01:13 AM
nwind21

If you want to change your intake, exhaust timing... I would think the correct route would get a different cam with a different timing and/or different cam lobe profiles.

There are other things you'll probably have to do to make the engine run happy with the new cams...

In any case beware of any "solutions" for quick HP.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-03-2002, 04:05 AM
droideka

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
you on your period droid? you have been very hateful lately.....

this not a flame

....u have a family dealth or something?
Hateful? I'd call it vitriolic expressions of my contempt for silliness. I do wish that everyone could reach the state of contentedness I have in waiting for my own car. I ordered so long ago that sometimes I even forget the Z is coming, or maybe I've been so humbled driving the wife's Civic for the last seven months that I just don't care.

We're in the home stretch. Cars will be here sooner than we think. No need to get crazy about someone getting the car this week or three weeks from now. The reviews have all said it's a home run. It's NOT going to disappoint, I guarantee you that.

Soon enough, soon enough.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:35 AM
alawoowoo

Default Wow..You people are a trip.

n/m
Old 08-03-2002, 05:10 AM
Boomer

Default Crock

Originally posted by droidekaus

Hateful? I'd call it vitriolic expressions of my contempt for silliness. I do wish that everyone could reach the state of contentedness I have in waiting for my own car. I ordered so long ago that sometimes I even forget the Z is coming, or maybe I've been so humbled driving the wife's Civic for the last seven months that I just don't care.

We're in the home stretch. Cars will be here sooner than we think. No need to get crazy about someone getting the car this week or three weeks from now. The reviews have all said it's a home run. It's NOT going to disappoint, I guarantee you that.

Soon enough, soon enough.
I plan to enjoy the most powerful car I have ever owned for some time before considering anything to boost hp. Scams on ebay are the farthest thing from my mind at this time.

I know a good number of you have owned high hp cars for a long time and you can talk about boosting hp to match the chassis and etc. I've always prized handling feel over hp in my cars and I finally decided to go for the handling AND the hp with the Z.

I just realized when I listed my cars earlier, I left out all of the American cars? Freudian slips? I actually owned some good ones: 1) 82 Mustang GT w/factory Recaro seats(incredible) I paid $850 extra for them on a $10,000 car, this was Ford's first high performance car since the oil crisis in the mid 70's(0-60 in 7.5 secs was FAST); 2) 72 Olds Cutlass w/ 160 hp 2 barrel carb, bucket seats and 3spd console AT(cruised at 90 mph all day and night long on RTE 66 in the Texas panhandle) and got 20 mpg, my wife and I were always going to Santa Fe to camp out with relatives. One the best traveling cars ever owned; and, don't laugh, 3) 65 Dodge Dart w/ 225 ci slant 6 and 3 on the tree(steering column), bench seats and for a 6 was very quick. One of Chrysler's best unsung engines, everyone wanted a hemi so they could melt a set of tires in 4000 miles or less, but the 225 6 and the 340ci V8 were great engines and tougher than nails.

Sam Posey ran a Dodge Dart w/ the 340 engine in the early Trans Am races. Mark Donahue ran a Penske(yeah, that Penske, one of his first racing teams), 68-9 Z28 Camaro vs. Parnelli Jones in the Ford Boss 302. I got to see them run at Warbonnet Raceway in N.E. Okla. Mark D. won when P. Jones dropped out at the 3/4 mark of the race and Sam Posey spun out into the crowd(NO fences or any safety barriers at all, the crowd was 20 ft from the track in some places). Anyhow, the track got sued and had to close down after that race. The track was only 1.2 miles long and the cars were simply overpowering the capabilities of the course.

The Z will give me a new thrill I have always enjoyed with my cars, no matter what they were or who made them.

Boomer Babble--car nut, no cure at all.
BR/FR/AT
Old 08-03-2002, 11:23 AM
john0213

i've.........i'm not sure but i think i've seen the name 6klaunch somewhere before............

did he get ban by jay or something like that or get flame in z forum

sorry for offending u 6klaunch but i was just thinking, maybe i got the wrong person.

Quick Reply: Nissan 350z Timing Advance Kit - Add 20 Hp