diwun67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonS2K
cool man im glade
I'm glade too
Old 09-16-2007, 10:48 AM
MIVsupra93-2JZ

Man, this must be one of the more retarded thread. Why the heck would you want to go from a beautiful hot car in the Z to an ugly midget car in the s2000? Please enlightem me b/c i see no gain in performance or looks. It just doesn't make sense to me why people always compare the Z to an inferior car.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Key Of Z

Originally Posted by MIVsupra93-2JZ
Man, this must be one of the more retarded thread. Why the heck would you want to go from a beautiful hot car in the Z to an ugly midget car in the s2000? Please enlightem me b/c i see no gain in performance or looks. It just doesn't make sense to me why people always compare the Z to an inferior car.
One reason is uninformed insipid posts such as this ^. No reason to bash the S or the Z. Almost anyone who has had some real seat time in both cars can attest to the qualities and attributes of both these wonderfully engineered machines. The S is a blast to drive if you learn how to drive it. A good driver would love either one.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:38 PM
MIVsupra93-2JZ

Originally Posted by Key Of Z
One reason is uninformed insipid posts such as this ^. No reason to bash the S or the Z. Almost anyone who has had some real seat time in both cars can attest to the qualities and attributes of both these wonderfully engineered machines. The S is a blast to drive if you learn how to drive it. A good driver would love either one.
First of all, I didn't bash either car, and IMO i think the S2000 is too ugly to own. The main point I was trying to make is that the s2k is not in the same league as the Z. Sure the s2k is nimble and light..but thats it. The Z is putting down way more power/HP and with a little mod, can be quick around sharp turns. I could understand if the OP had compared the Z to a BMW S series,G35, or a porsch cayman, but not to an in-line 4 thats barely pushing 250HP. With that said most people are in favor of the Z...period.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Sea Bass

First of all, I didn't bash either car, and IMO i think the S2000 is too ugly to own. The main point I was trying to make is that the s2k is not in the same league as the Z. Sure the s2k is nimble and light..but thats it. The Z is putting down way more power/HP and with a little mod, can be quick around sharp turns. I could understand if the OP had compared the Z to a BMW S series,G35, or a porsch cayman, but not to an in-line 4 thats barely pushing 250HP. With that said most people are in favor of the Z...period.
You're deluding yourself if you think the Z is in the same league as a BMW or Porsche Cayman.

The S2K and the 350Z are both Japanese, RWD sports cars, that cost within a few grand of each other (depending on Z trim level). The comparison is apt. You like the extra oopmh that comes with the Z? Good for you, but that's not to say that your decision is final regarding other people. Realize the S2000 is a terrific car in its own right, and just because you think it's ugly and weak, doesn't mean other people share your narrow minded ness. Get over yourself.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:10 PM
snakez31

S200s are for little people
Old 09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Tubbs

The exige has even less power in a 4 cyl and can destroy any mentioned cars in acceleration and handling. The S is a beautiful car, and existed before the 350. It is different, which doesn't mean it's in a different "league".

And what the hell is all this talk about "leagues" anyways? To me a different "league" of car is something that one car can't ever match. Example Nissan to Ferrari. Even a Bimmer or cheap Porsche isn't impressive enough to be out of the japs "league".
Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Key Of Z

I've heard the negative comments about the S. Ugly usually isn't among them.
Certainly more people favor the Z. This is a Z forum, and there are so many more of them than the very limited production S.
In terms of not being in the same league, the only two cars that I can think of that have been compared to each other more times than the S 2000 and the 3520 Z, are the Mustang and Camaro.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
BrandonS2K

Originally Posted by Key Of Z
I've heard the negative comments about the S. Ugly usually isn't among them.
Certainly more people favor the Z. This is a Z forum, and there are so many more of them than the very limited production S.
In terms of not being in the same league, the only two cars that I can think of that have been compared to each other more times than the S 2000 and the 3520 Z, are the Mustang and Camaro.
very true man. and what does leagues have to do with anything both are equally great cars that have their good and bads. just think about it man i have the s my cousin has the 350z and i never blame him for choosing the 350 over the s both are great cars which is why im even a member to both
s2ki and my350z and the evo and sti site but thats a different story
Old 09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
kyoeyes

lol this tread should die, too many stupid comments, if you like the Z , well of course its a great car many people have it. If the S was so ugly and "uncapable" then why are premier companies in Japan making race cars out of them - Amuse, J's Racing, ASM, CWest, etc.? They must be stupid for using an "uncapable" car. The 350z is also a major car for big companies in Japan which inturn imho means its a good car as well.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Jes-Z

For the love of God, Get a Z!

I'm not shooting down the S2K, I just think the Z is better.

Why? Because I friggin think so. That is all.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:33 PM
VQZ33_Jake

finnally people back me up..WTF took you so long. the S2k doesnt compare.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:40 PM
VQZ33_Jake

Originally Posted by Tubbs
The exige has even less power in a 4 cyl and can destroy any mentioned cars in acceleration and handling. The S is a beautiful car, and existed before the 350. It is different, which doesn't mean it's in a different "league".

And what the hell is all this talk about "leagues" anyways? To me a different "league" of car is something that one car can't ever match. Example Nissan to Ferrari. Even a Bimmer or cheap Porsche isn't impressive enough to be out of the japs "league".
the exige weighs 2000 lbs and has 220 hp..thats almost a perfect PTW ratio. thats why it can destroy any of these cars. I still cant believe toyota makes the engine though.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:24 PM
LouiZ

in the end it all boils down to wat suits u best OP. if u like convertible get the S...if u like the feeling of instant power from all the tq get the Z....if space is a factor the Z is more beneficiary...on another note...the s2k transmission is very lovely to drive...test drive both cars and see which one catches ur attention more
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by VQZ33_Jake
the exige weighs 2000 lbs and has 220 hp..thats almost a perfect PTW ratio. thats why it can destroy any of these cars. I still cant believe toyota makes the engine though.

I agree... that's why I replied to...

"Sure the s2k is nimble and light..but thats it. The Z is putting down way more power/HP and with a little mod, can be quick around sharp turns. I could understand if the OP had compared the Z to a BMW S series,G35, or a porsch cayman, but not to an in-line 4 thats barely pushing 250HP. With that said most people are in favor of the Z...period."

A puny nimble and light exige will destroy the "powerful" Z,BMW, G35 and Cayman.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:04 PM
VQZ33_Jake

for sure...it only caust 56k to, not to bad. ever ridin in one?? it sucks, and its not very comfortable.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by VQZ33_Jake
for sure...it only caust 56k to, not to bad. ever ridin in one?? it sucks, and its not very comfortable.

I loved riding in it. Drove it hard. Loved it. Will get one.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
VQZ33_Jake

Originally Posted by Tubbs
I loved riding in it. Drove it hard. Loved it. Will get one.
no joke? i thought the seats were terribly uncomfortable. not to mention your in there like your in a F1 car. i would maybe buy one for the track, but never for daily driving.

Jake
Old 02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
ssum7

I work for a car dealer and have had the pleasure of driving both cars. If it were up to me I would go with the Z simply because of the torque (it really does make a big difference) and interior bits seem like a bit more bang for the buck quality wise. The s2000 is a prettier car and is also a convertible so interior noise is more obviously. The ride in the s2000 is harsher and some would say brutal and the seats are hard as well. If you are using the car as a DD go for the Z, but if it's your second car go with the s2000. Both are great cars and anyone with this predicament should consider themselves lucky.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM
sexiestZintown

his should solve all of yur questions.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozvR3UFbkLA

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide! 350z or s2000