2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealers!!! I wish we could buy direct

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 09:06 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers!!! I wish we could buy direct

I was just at my dealer to see if they could provide me any info and even after I showed them the prinout samp[le from "infinite z" they could not or would not give me any info.

They just managed to make me nervous stating that people still want to sit in the car before buying one and how they wish they could get someone to leave theirs for a few days, not me of course because I am so excited, but maybe another preorder. This might be a way for us first batch people to get the upper hand and get a discount, it would really have to be substantial for me to even considering leaving it there for a few days.

They are so untrustworthy that it makes me think that maybe they are not giving me a VIN because that way I wouldn't have anything tying me to that VIN and they could sell the car out from under me. This may be paranoia setting in after all these months of waiting. Sorry, wife is out of town so I have to vent somewhere.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:57 PM
3rdpower

Yes they are sneaky and as the day actually comes and Z start arriving you are going to get a lot of hard *** events going on. I'm prepared to use legal means of getting my Z on time, in the shape I requested, and in the method I was promised in writing. I won't take a hint of **** from any dealer and if he tries to sell my Z off to someone else I can't wait to sock it to'em.

They are concerned about getting as much as they can and if that means tickin' a few people off so be it. The GM at my dealership is a total ***. Actually - all the damn sales people except are asses deep down inside because they are only concerned about squeezing every last dime out of your butt.

They realize they have compeitition but when they get you over a barrel and they know they have you backed in a corner they are liable to pull any number of manuvers to get as much out of you as they can.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:13 PM
CoachZ

Ya know, being a part of an auto retail company, hearing this makes my stomach turn. Not all salespeople are money-hungry leeches. Not all dealers want to bend you over a barrel. The lack of information given to customers, often confused with hiding information, is often a lack of info given to the dealer from the manufacturer.

True, there are still plenty of scumbags in the car business. Believe me, it's going to take work to get rid of all of them. The good news is, unlike most other industries, the customer is so well armed to deal with them.

We have access to dealer cost. We have access to incentives. We have access to pre-release information on how the car performs, what others have paid for the same product, captive finance and lease rates, outside finance sources. And we have the choice of what dealership to use.

Parting thoughts: when buying a car, be as prepared as you would be when buying a house. Know what you're getting. Expect respect from the dealer you're doing business with and try to show the same to them. It's a business, understand that a business is in business to make a profit. And understand that the person you're dealing with is a person -- just like you, they don't always say or do the right thing.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:03 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Westpak:

That's an odd post, considering that on Thursday you advised you already rec'd your VIN.

Did they take it away from you?
Old 08-03-2002, 11:21 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Scafremon
Westpak:

That's an odd post, considering that on Thursday you advised you already rec'd your VIN.

Did they take it away from you?
No they didn't take it away, it just shows that I know more than the dealer does.

Last edited by westpak; 08-03-2002 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:32 PM
ZON

Originally posted by birdman63
to throw my 2cents in, if my dealer tries any crap with me, there is an Infiniti dealer right across the street and the G35C looks pretty damn good!

Good luck. The people that own that Nissan dealership probably own that Infiniti dealership across the street! I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If something did go terribly wrong with my deal on the pre-ordered Z, I've been trying to think what other new vehicle I would entertain, without spending more money.

There just isn't anything else that has even close to the appeal of the Z, that you can get for $26K. Of course, there are vehicles out there for well under that price. I could even pick up a Focus and a PT Cruiser for under the price of a Z.

But there isn't a vehicle out there right now that will bring me the excitement that the Z will for the same money. Nissan has spoiled me.
Old 08-04-2002, 06:25 AM
rouxeny

The thing about this situation is that unlike buying a typical car, the dealer's really have the upper hand. If I was interested in buying a current Honda Accord, I could have my pick of multiple cars on multiple lots. I have the dealer's price and the price of all options and I have the ability to shop around.

With the Z, I have nothing. The dealer has the car. If I find the situation unacceptable, tough luck for me. I won't find another Z for a few months.

I agree that not all car dealers are simply out for your money. Well, actually, they are just out for your money, but some take it in a more civilized fashion. I hope that nothing bad happens to anybody, but I too think there's a good possibility.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:43 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I guess everyone shares the same feeling and although it is a generalization I think it fits the majority of dealers. I can't believe how paranoid they can make me feel, I gave a large deposit that they even marked non refundable, I was OK with it because I wasn't backing out of the deal, but still you feel that their behavior seems suspicious and maybe it is just their ignorance instead. I just can't wait untill the day after I take delivery so I can relish the reality that I actually have a Z and no more what ifs.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:23 PM
mdouvris

Default I am with you

I really think my dealer may pull some ****. IMO all car dealers and their people are vicious 15%ers. They have us by the short ones and will try to get more cash for my car given any chance. If I get screwed out of my car and my k, I think I would explode. They took my deposit and have been making money off of it since March. The only contact I've had is when I call. I don't want them to be my buddy, just a respectful company to do business with. I will feel better when this is over. Is it ever going to be over????