Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

16-year-old kills moped rider & dumps Z in the lake

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
iflyjets86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sean1967
I hope his parents lose a great deal financially.

not the parents fault their sons iresponsible
Old 09-28-2007, 12:23 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iflyjets86
not the parents fault their sons iresponsible
Of course it is. Handing a 16-yr old a high performance sports car is in fact irresponsible itself.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:28 PM
MyLadyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moron....Hope he goes to jail
Old 09-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Jersey Joe

thats just sad.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sure are a lot of presumptuous morons around here. No one knows exactly how it happened, and no one knows exactly how the kid feels. I am betting that at least half of the posters here have driven their Z at 100 MPH on public streets at least once but have no problem preaching to the choir about flirting with disaster. I am also betting that many of those same people have an inflated opinion as to how skilled they are as a driver. Sorry, but at this point it is a crash that probably could have been prevented but was certainly not intentional. I feel bad for everyone involved, most for the dead victim. And to the a$$hole who posted that he only feels bad for the Z, you are one sick individual and I hope we never meet; you disgust me.
About the only thing I remotely agree with is that those with very little driving experience do not belong behind the wheel of a 350Z. At the same time, almost any car on the road can go faster than conditions allow for and end up with the same result.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
y_b_lamron

Originally Posted by Bam-0
we all know that we are talking mad crap about the kid because he is 16.

if it said 34 year old you wouldnt hate him so much
that's so not true..I don't give a damn how old the driver is, I would still be pissed.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ksandhu29
I am 16 and drive like a saint, im not even into racing period. I like my car to be "clean" and "flashy" like a show car. I dont understand why most kids my age treat their cars like "hot wheels." Im guesssing they had a hard time going from: playing needforspeed underground and playing with little hot wheel's and mattel cars TO getting an actual car such as a 350z. hmmmm i wonder what that kid is gonna do? My father bought me my used Z for 18,000 (go ahead and hate me for that, because you of course you would never have gotton one if u had the chance right?) He said he would buy it as long as i agreed to pay the monthly 300 car payment and pay for insurance and gas, and all maintainence + mods. I struggle but I love my car to death so I want my Z to have a long life. I plan on keeping the car for a long long time so when I have too many miles (I drive very conservatively) I will probably just buy an engine and swap motors
Old 09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
lilaznxboi08

wow that really sucked.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:57 PM
JunkStory

Kid needs at least a 20 year jail sentence to be made an example out of.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Daytona350Texas

3:17pm on a wednesday? What highschool lets out before 3:30? Here in Texas its 3:40 for most of the northern parts....

Were they skipping or is 3:00 the actual release time there?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:45 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

High schools are here let out at 2:30. I think they start around 7 or 7:30. I see kids standing out waiting for the bus at 6am when I leave for work. Sucks for them.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Steve-O Z33

Originally Posted by reptile718
16 year olds can drive by themselves or was there someone with him??? I don't see why they don't raise the minimum driving age to 18. Damn spoiled little rich kids really **** me off!
I feel the same way at times, but I got mine at 16. It was probationary, where you can't drive after 9pm for 6 months, etc. If they wait until 18, then 18 would just be the new 16. You can't fix stupid. It's inevitable and stupid people love to spoil their kids who are raised to be stupid. They should make that kid ride a moped for a few years as a punishment.

Spoiled rich kids suck. I couldn't imagine being 16 with my Z. It's too much car for a kid.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Grey Ghost

"....high rate of speed..."
"playing a game of cat a mouse"
"several cars speeding at once"
"road was never meant to be a thorough-fare"
"residential road"
"16 year old driver"
witnesses and other students, teenager and peers say the driver is a responsible driver and has never done anything bad, he is a good person....

"crossed into incoming lane of traffic, hitting a man on a motorbike, and into a lake...."

hmm.... any idiot can easily do the math and figure out HE WAS RACING! a game of cat and mouse is RACING!
not one person here except for a few people have actually watched and read the article.

and also, i used to live in that town before moving to texas. that community is more of a middle-high class area from all the expensive houses and cars, and outrageously expensive property taxes. and yes that particular area was almost never busy as it used to be 5 years ago, but with so much development in the county and neighboring cities, it has become exceedingly high density traffic. the road was never meant to have such a high capacity of motorists period.
forget the fact that it rained earlier that day, ITS F*ING florida it rains nearly every day almost, and its HOT, HUMID, and SUNNY all day long, and most of the time when it rains, it doesnt rain for no hour, it rains for like 15-30 mins and then its completely dry in about an hour or so.

given the fact that the area is full of parents who "want the best for their child" need to open their eyes. just because their kids are deserving of whatever car they want when they turn 16 does not mean to go ahead and do. they need to instill a sense of responsibility to their children and not spoil them cause "i dont want my kids to go through what i have". <--- that is the main reason behind the stupid people we have today and the ones who are cry babies.

give me a break, if it looks like and apple, feels like an apple, tastes like an apple... then it must be an apple.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 PM
ZGTChick

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
"....high rate of speed..."
"playing a game of cat a mouse"
"several cars speeding at once"
"road was never meant to be a thorough-fare"
"residential road"
"16 year old driver"
witnesses and other students, teenager and peers say the driver is a responsible driver and has never done anything bad, he is a good person....

"crossed into incoming lane of traffic, hitting a man on a motorbike, and into a lake...."

hmm.... any idiot can easily do the math and figure out HE WAS RACING! a game of cat and mouse is RACING!
not one person here except for a few people have actually watched and read the article.

and also, i used to live in that town before moving to texas. that community is more of a middle-high class area from all the expensive houses and cars, and outrageously expensive property taxes. and yes that particular area was almost never busy as it used to be 5 years ago, but with so much development in the county and neighboring cities, it has become exceedingly high density traffic. the road was never meant to have such a high capacity of motorists period.
forget the fact that it rained earlier that day, ITS F*ING florida it rains nearly every day almost, and its HOT, HUMID, and SUNNY all day long, and most of the time when it rains, it doesnt rain for no hour, it rains for like 15-30 mins and then its completely dry in about an hour or so.

given the fact that the area is full of parents who "want the best for their child" need to open their eyes. just because their kids are deserving of whatever car they want when they turn 16 does not mean to go ahead and do. they need to instill a sense of responsibility to their children and not spoil them cause "i dont want my kids to go through what i have". <--- that is the main reason behind the stupid people we have today and the ones who are cry babies.

give me a break, if it looks like and apple, feels like an apple, tastes like an apple... then it must be an apple.
Amen!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by md350
What an idiot. He'll get off with a spanking too because he's "just a kid." If it were the other way around, and the 49 year old killed the kid on a moped, the guy would be in jail for the rest of his life if someone didn't personally hunt him down first. The kid still killed someone, he shouldn't have been pushing a high performance sports car on a twisty road, and his dad shouldn't be letting him drive it. If I had a 16 year old kid and he wanted to drive somewhere, it definitely would NOT be in a Z.

Both the parents and the kid were reckless, and they should both have to answer for it. Use your f*cking heads...someone's dead now because of your stupid actions.
+1000000

Plus in the state of Florida:

Class E Exam Requirements - Minimum Age 16
Road Rules
Road Signs
Driving
Vision
Hearing

Note: A new resident exchanging a valid out-of-state license for a Florida license will be required to pass the vision and hearing tests only. If you are under 18 and are not married, your license application must be signed by one parent or legal guardian. Step-parents may not sign for you unless they have legally adopted you.

Note: Beginning October 1, 2000, teens applying for their full operator's (Class E) license will be required to:

hold learner's license for 12 months
not incur any traffic convictions
be certified by parent or guardian to have at least 50 hours of behind-the-wheel training, at least 10 of which must be at night.
Teens with learner's license issued before October 1 are exempt from the above requirements. Teens issued a traffic citation can elect to attend a traffic driving school to avoid a conviction.

I believe that new driver 16-18 should only be allowed to drive a car under 100HP and with an automatic. It would stop a lot of this foolishness and never with a friend under 21. I think in Calif they took it one step further. No License until 18.... Never anyone under the age of 23 in the car while a MINOR is driving. Too much peer pressure at this age. Must likely what happen with John and his friend. I can just see it ... come on let get there before they do (or, there's sally)...... Vrrrrooooom ..... Oh, no...... bump, splash....

There are exceptions.... I had a 400HP GTO when I was 16. Didn't wreck ding or dent it. Did I race it.... Heck yeah. On the street heck no..... At the track anyways and made money... ;-)

When I was 18 my best friend was racing on the street. I wasn't there .... he hit a girl and put her in the hospital. I went with my friend to Stanford Hospital to see her. She was pretty .... but, all messed up. That cemented it for me. He cried for like 2 hours after that. He was so lucky she flipped over the car instead of going under it.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 09-28-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:15 PM
iceagetlc

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Where the hell did that come from?

Your post makes you look like a teen. Let me guess, you got the Z when you were a teen and got butt hurt over the comment? Or are you the kid who sells shoes that I made fun of a few months ago?
I'm 20, and I don't sell shoes. You're just a veteran troll, and seeing your post count makes me feel better about my life.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by hoss4131
im sorry, but those of you that are saying that they need to raise the driving age are thinking about it completely backwards... its not a matter of how old you are, its a matter of experience behind the wheel, and the education about what they are doing...

you can raise the age to 18, but all you are going to do is decrease the number of 16 year olds dying in car crashes, and increase the number of 18 year olds dying in car crashes.

think about it, as you get older they dont discount your insurance because you are older... they do so because you are more experienced on the road ways.

if you want to find a real solution, make a mandatory drivers ed class both in the class room and in a car, a mandatory probationary period, and a mandatory in car safety driving program to teach what to do in worst case scenarios, and possibly make restrictions for cars driven by younger drivers. raising the legal driving age is not a solution, it is merely pointing blame at a group of people rather than focusing on the problem...
I think Florida already requires that.... Didn't help this time....
Old 09-29-2007, 03:58 AM
fairladyz47597

what i wouldn't have given to have had a Z at 16!!!!! I'm jealous of the boy. I also hate rich kids for some reason...I guess it's because I'm jealous of them.

That's a pretty little blue shirt he's wearing.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iceagetlc
I'm 20, and I don't sell shoes. You're just a veteran troll, and seeing your post count makes me feel better about my life.
So what do you do at Clarks? Tell me, because I need to feel better about my life, and I could use a good laugh.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Sea Bass

A couple of things:

1) I'm not about to defend the driver of the Z, but just stop and think for a minute. Although the report made many allegations to speeding excessively (it's not really a race if no other car is involved, is it?), was this actual fact? How many times have you guys seen a report on the news or in the paper about "street racing" and it always involved some import cars, when in fact it was merely speeding or losing control?

Is there a difference? Sure there is. We all know the media has it in for imports lately, basically calling ANY accident they report due to "street racing" even without knowing the details. Hell, THIS reporter couldn't be bothered to learn the proper MAKE of the car.

Having said that, this report never actually used the buzzwords "street racing", so who knows. Either way, the kid clearly lost control of the car, and he clearly did it. My sympathies go towards the victim, and if it really was a case of of the driver losing control without being an *** behind the wheel, then I do have some sympathy directed there, as well... he'll have to live with this.

If he WAS racing, or something equally stupid.... well then... burn, baby, burn...

2) Onto this guy....

Originally Posted by 10sec_CRX
i street race all the time im not a kid im almost 30, when i do it i make sure its in a commercial area without any other cross streets..ya i can loose control of my car and crash, or hit someone on the side of the road maybe even crash into the other car im racing but DAMN people know what can happen when there there, but they still go.. yep your right on the drag strip the only person I can kill is myself. People die all the time.. Cry me a river! Then build a bridge and get OVER it! You can flame me, hate me, boot me, or even Delete me from your myspace, I dont give a crap its just the way i feel about it..

I feel bad for the Z and thats it!
Wow, you're almost 30, and you street race? AND you have no concern for any pedestrians you might kill during said race, because "they know why they are there?" Again, wow. You might be one of the biggest scale morons ever on this site. By the way, I do like to drive over the limit, but I don't RACE. There's a difference, a HUGE one.

Originally Posted by 10sec_CRX
On PCH people wreck their 150k+ cars all the time. Damn those Ricer Punks...
Uh, you ARE one of those ricer punks, idiot!

And I don't have a myspace account to delete you from. Can you just do all of us a favour and launch you and your car off the PCH into ocean? Thanks.

Oh, and you can get angry at me all you want. "I don't give a crap it's just the way I feel about it."

Quick Reply: 16-year-old kills moped rider & dumps Z in the lake