Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Any 2006 owners drive a 07 HR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EludeR
I have put nearly 4 car lengths on my buddies 05 (revup with a pop charger + plenum spacer + nismo exhaust). For the record... my 07 is bone stock.
nice kill some things to note though

he has no tune which the revup doesnt gain its most without one and you couldve beat a driver...a pop charger isnt a mod for a revup it actually hinders it. and plenum spacer is also a deficient mod in the revup it unless he has a mrev2 if not you beat a revup thats weaker then stock peak . lmao

bottom line in that situation sldve one for sure

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-30-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
ahero4eternity
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
What? I said one of. Not the reason. I specified the differences in an earlier post. Please don't put words in my mouth.
You didn't address the rest of my post where I proved you wrong.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:56 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by ahero4eternity
You didn't address the rest of my post where I proved you wrong.
Because you missed the post where I said that I know coupes require premium, as opposed to recommended, but wasn't sure if it's only for revups.

And to clarify: I know that Coupes are premium only, but does that bode the same for non-revups?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:24 AM
13SECZ

You are absolutely correct..I gained 5 hp and 15 lb of tq over stock w/out a utec tune...My car ran like *** to be honest with you....Its all about the tune...I however had to spend 2k plus to be able to beat an HR...I would have much rather had an HR....and driver counts for alot..

HR vs Bolted /tuned Rev up will always with equal drivers be a win for the Rev up...they make more tq and similar if not more hp...at least mine does.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RBlover69
nice kill some things to note though

he has no tune which the revup doesnt gain its most without one and you couldve beat a driver...a pop charger isnt a mod for a revup it actually hinders it. and plenum spacer is also a deficient mod in the revup it unless he has a mrev2 if not you beat a revup thats weaker then stock peak . lmao

bottom line in that situation sldve one for sure

yup yup very true, just cause you got a list of mods doesnt mean anything, allot of mods dont work well together or without a certain supporting mod. I doubt, but dont know, a bone stock HR could put "car lengths" on a correctly bolt up revup with a tune. TOPEND I think it would edge it out.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Shadrackc

Problem with a lot of this speculation is that it is just that....speculation. We need a couple of guys with both cars to test that theory. From what I have read, the 07 is quite a bit quicker than the 03-06 cars, not sure about the revup versions, but didn't the 06's come with that? Guys here are talking about pulling on earlier versions by 4 car lengths, which is quite a bit. Now in top speed, they both are getting clipped at 156 so we don't know who would own the top speed record, though I have seen video's of unrestricted 07's breaking 170.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
RBlover69

yea, i will tell you off the bat that stock for stock a HR will edge out all previous models. Now a modded HR against a bolt on revup with a tune i presume a nice highway death by way of the revup beating the HR. That was my argument previously when some poster said that a bolt on Z is no match for a HR. Clearly they havent seen the timeslips page with the likes of alberto with minor bolt ons getting great times and revup dynos with bolt ons hitting the 280+ range. Clearly there is some things to consider when makign a rediculous claim like that.

I always wanted a vid of a revup vs a 287 vs a HR as a sticky to show the advancement of the engines but i could find no takers in orlando . And then as bolt ons go on we could track eachothers performance values against eachother. However easier said then done.

With new standalones like haltech yeilding 280rwhp on a reg DE motor. And thats not with every mod. Clearly once again....the comment of a HR beating a bolt on DE revup or not should be taken with a grain of salt.

A 280rwhp DE is a 280rwhp DE.....and HRs dont dyno that stock and fluctuate . And lets not mentions tuned cars powerbands are imporoved over stock baselines conservative tunes and timing. Its just retarted to think that way because the engine though a amazing engine is a HR.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Now a modded HR against a bolt on revup with a tune i presume a nice highway death by way of the revup beating the HR.
Yet to see it happen when like I said I raced one with a ton of mods and ecu tune.

And just a FYI...Albertos run below with a ton of mods:

Alberto ----------------------03 Trac 6spd 13.131@107.15mph 1.895 60ft Slicks

And a 07 with drags and I believe a intake that is it:

Gooey -------------------------- 07 Enth 6spd 12.947@107.11mph 1.796 60ft Verified DR's

or another with stock everything...and he had issues with the clutch. Still a better trap.

Veetec --------------------------07 Base 6spd 13.285@107.19mph 1.984 60ft

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-31-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 PM
baby_ruiner

Originally Posted by 13SECZ
you cant say that the HR is faster stock then a Rev up w/bolt ons...It depends on the bolt ons and the tune....I cant see an HR beating me..not stock....
i cant get an 07 to race me for the life of me...i think one kid will but he is never out on the scene and i think he heard stories about a few kills (05 i/e sti, 13.2 sec altima, e46 m3)...i only know what i have read with out alota research but the HR looks like a f22a....revs high, great topend, and lack luster tq. i spent 20k on my car 3 years ago (bought with 30k on the clock), 3k on performance parts and i am happy. would i spend 30k on a new HR, no. would i spend and extra 5k and get a 05-06 c6, hell yea!

as far as boost, that has yet to be determined...i like n/a...but i live in a chevy house
Old 01-01-2008, 05:26 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Yet to see it happen when like I said I raced one with a ton of mods and ecu tune.

And just a FYI...Albertos run below with a ton of mods:

Alberto ----------------------03 Trac 6spd 13.131@107.15mph 1.895 60ft Slicks

And a 07 with drags and I believe a intake that is it:

Gooey -------------------------- 07 Enth 6spd 12.947@107.11mph 1.796 60ft Verified DR's

or another with stock everything...and he had issues with the clutch. Still a better trap.

Veetec --------------------------07 Base 6spd 13.285@107.19mph 1.984 60ft
well the same can be said for me i raced a HR and i cannot see it stock beating a modded tuned revup. Sorry im not talking traps in a 1/4 im talking a street race. The difference to be was not that paramount. And you shouldve got a vid you knw the i said i raced one he said he raced one thing is bogus bro. We all raced modded cars. lmao ill take everyones word for it.

Bottom line i dunno how you cansay a tuned revup putting over 280rwhp will get beat by a stock HR . lmao
Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 AM
baby_ruiner

well the same can be said for me i raced a HR and i cannot see it stock beating a modded tuned revup. Sorry im not talking traps in a 1/4 im talking a street race. The difference to be was not that paramount. And you shouldve got a vid you knw the i said i raced one he said he raced one thing is bogus bro. We all raced modded cars. lmao ill take everyones word for it.

Bottom line i dunno how you cansay a tuned revup putting over 280rwhp will get beat by a stock HR . lmao
i agree and plus in no way was the Z bred for the drag strip...you all should know this...i wish we could post kill vids but i can see a permaban from doing that on this board
Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Street racing is uncontrollable conditions. Sorry but 1/4 drag strip times are fact. And if the HR even had more mods than above in those times it would have been way over for Alberto's time.

I don't see a REV-UP putting out that much power. If Alberto's is, he barely runs the stock times a HR does. Peak power and overall power is a different thing. The HR makes better overall power over the REV-UP.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:48 AM
baby_ruiner

Street racing is uncontrollable conditions. Sorry but 1/4 drag strip times are fact. And if the HR even had more mods than above in those times it would have been way over for Alberto's time.

I don't see a REV-UP putting out that much power. If Alberto's is, he barely runs the stock times a HR does. Peak power and overall power is a different thing. The HR makes better overall power over the REV-UP.
true the rack is controlled, but would repeated beatings of even a modded HR by my lil slow non revup stand any evidence...who knows how the hr will respond to a full bolt on application, hopefully not like the f22a (the s2000 engine). stock for stock the HR does have higher peak hp, but lacks tq. With my 5 little boltons i have more tq then even modded HRs have horsepower. there are plenty of cars that would out run me on the track but from a 20/30/60 roll its a different story
Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 AM
RBlover69

Your missing the point he had less power then a HR hint hint. Also revups tuned do put out peak hp in the HRs range . There just isnt alot of people NA with a revup trying to get there . Only few that i have seen.

The comments where really to make you understand that a stock HRs performance is not that superior to go into a race with a Everybolt on DE or revup tuned and believe they dont stand a chance. That mentality is idiotic considering the powerlevels etc. And alberto times where great for his power levels what dont you understand .
If the Hr had more mods it will do better times but thats changing the subject your thing was a stock HR.

I just dont understand how you think a stock HR can beat all DEs a revups tuned with everybolt on. It just doesnt make sense.

Again noone saying that its not the better motor which you keep on saying in repeat , but the mentality that you can beat every bolt on DE tuned is jsut retarted. Dont bet money ....all im saying.

Do you also think a HR Z can beat Z1s built NA 300rwhp DE lmao , if you believe that then thats just border line delusional.

Look at 13Secz's revup with 267 on a DD , on a dyno jet he wouldve dyno'd higher of course doyou think he wouldnt stand a chance against a stock Hr aswell. Cmon guy.. i loves Z no matter the model but cmon your dealing with cars that are all within the 13 sec catagory driven right. lol to think that the mid to high 13sec car stock average with every bolt on tuned with a standalone cannot beat a low 13 sec car (HR) is really high praises.

Last edited by RBlover69; 01-01-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:33 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Your missing the point he had less power then a HR hint hint. Also revups tuned do put out peak hp in the HRs range . There just isnt alot of people NA with a revup trying to get there . Only few that i have seen.

The comments where really to make you understand that a stock HRs performance is not that superior to go into a race with a Everybolt on DE or revup tuned and believe they dont stand a chance. That mentality is idiotic considering the powerlevels etc. And alberto times where great for his power levels what dont you understand .
If the Hr had more mods it will do better times but thats changing the subject your thing was a stock HR.

I just dont understand how you think a stock HR can beat all DEs a revups tuned with everybolt on. It just doesnt make sense.

Again noone saying that its not the better motor which you keep on saying in repeat , but the mentality that you can beat every bolt on DE tuned is jsut retarted. Dont bet money ....all im saying.

Do you also think a HR Z can beat Z1s built NA 300rwhp DE lmao , if you believe that then thats just border line delusional.

Look at 13Secz's revup with 267 on a DD , on a dyno jet he wouldve dyno'd higher of course doyou think he wouldnt stand a chance against a stock Hr aswell. Cmon guy.. i loves Z no matter the model but cmon your dealing with cars that are all within the 13 sec catagory driven right. lol to think that the mid to high 13sec car stock average with every bolt on tuned with a standalone cannot beat a low 13 sec car (HR) is really high praises.
Never say never. Wait till more mods come out for the HR. You never know, it could be Z1s.

But again the point stands. It takes a lot of mods on a DE to beat a HR period.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 AM
13SECZ

I have an mrev2 w/spacer...test pipes, catback, intake, and a tuned utec...I told you earlier some of the cars that I have beaten...I have also stayed w/an 300C srt 8 and we shut down early....

I really dont drag race from a dead stop...my 275 19's cost too much...But I do do alot of races from rolls...sorry but thats just me..

I definately would take a stock HR...no doubt..I would put good money on it...

From a stop..not sure...not my thing either...

However the characteristics of the HR motor are alot different from the prev. models..so we have seen good results from exhaust ...not soo much w/intakes and test pipes...most dont see much ..

We need to wait and see what its capabilities are...it may need F.I to really make power...It may be near its n/a capabilites w/out spending an obscene amount of money..similar to an s2000...Great from the factory ..

We will just have to see..but I will run into an 07/08 this spring...and I will bring this post back from the dead w/results...I just hope I do it before my new 4.08 gears are installed...and or I go back to MRC to get tuned by their magic fingers....
Old 01-01-2008, 11:00 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

People have asked you for timeslips. You have yet to provide them. You say you take all these cars but no timeslips to prove how fast you are.

The older REV-UP and DE motors all did not gain MUCH from just bolt ons. Remember I owned all 3 different versions of this engine. I tested products for Tony and Motordyne. My REV-UP had a Stillen CAI, MREV/2, Stillen True-Dual Catback Exhaust. It was quick, it beat some STI's on a roll on the highway, and many other cars. But the car feels slower than my HR NOW.

The DE/REVUP did not gain as much from a exhaust or a intake at all really. The most the engine gained from was the MREV kit.

The HR on the other hand has proven so far to love exhausts and is gaining more than what the MREV kit gained.

Also my REV-UP dynoed 255 hp and 246 tq with those mods. The HR dynos in teh 270 hp range and about 235~ tq stock. The HR also has a much bigger and wider powerband than the older engine it replaces. It makes more power throughout the band than the DE did. This is why it is a bit faster than the previous car.

TQ is only to help you get off the line, once that is done, it's all HP.

Originally Posted by 13SECZ
I have an mrev2 w/spacer...test pipes, catback, intake, and a tuned utec...I told you earlier some of the cars that I have beaten...I have also stayed w/an 300C srt 8 and we shut down early....

I really dont drag race from a dead stop...my 275 19's cost too much...But I do do alot of races from rolls...sorry but thats just me..

I definately would take a stock HR...no doubt..I would put good money on it...

From a stop..not sure...not my thing either...

However the characteristics of the HR motor are alot different from the prev. models..so we have seen good results from exhaust ...not soo much w/intakes and test pipes...most dont see much ..

We need to wait and see what its capabilities are...it may need F.I to really make power...It may be near its n/a capabilites w/out spending an obscene amount of money..similar to an s2000...Great from the factory ..

We will just have to see..but I will run into an 07/08 this spring...and I will bring this post back from the dead w/results...I just hope I do it before my new 4.08 gears are installed...and or I go back to MRC to get tuned by their magic fingers....
Old 01-01-2008, 11:49 AM
RBlover69

People have asked you for timeslips. You have yet to provide them. You say you take all these cars but no timeslips to prove how fast you are.

The older REV-UP and DE motors all did not gain MUCH from just bolt ons. Remember I owned all 3 different versions of this engine. I tested products for Tony and Motordyne. My REV-UP had a Stillen CAI, MREV/2, Stillen True-Dual Catback Exhaust. It was quick, it beat some STI's on a roll on the highway, and many other cars. But the car feels slower than my HR NOW.

The DE/REVUP did not gain as much from a exhaust or a intake at all really. The most the engine gained from was the MREV kit.

The HR on the other hand has proven so far to love exhausts and is gaining more than what the MREV kit gained.

Also my REV-UP dynoed 255 hp and 246 tq with those mods. The HR dynos in teh 270 hp range and about 235~ tq stock. The HR also has a much bigger and wider powerband than the older engine it replaces. It makes more power throughout the band than the DE did. This is why it is a bit faster than the previous car.

TQ is only to help you get off the line, once that is done, it's all HP.
My old revup motor dyno'd 251 on DJ stock. It was not a freak motor. Dyno numbers are just that numbers.

Your stating the obvious with the HRs capabilities as i have driven all of them aswell.

Your just not admited the obvious , Z1s car is tuned a stock HR is not . A car that has equal hp and one is tuned and one is not the tuned car will come out on top. When you can manipualte timing and AFRs and change the way the curve makes its existing power its far diffrent then a stock conservative pig rich tune.

To me , just admit it already, your HR cannot beat every bolt on DE revup or not. Thats just a very general statement and isnt true at all. Especially since there was a DE posted just now that gained almost 20rwhp with a standalone ECU ontop of coming from a piggyback. its just not a smart statement.

1/4 miles are great but on the courses tskuba etc why hasnt the HR proven to be murdering the older times. hmmmmmm it sure has mtached and minorly improved older times, but it sure isnt breaking records in the Z world as far as road racing is concerned. 1/4 the benefits are obvious then again the revup motor as you can tell by the less tq and plenum design wasnt designed for a 1/4 run but more a top end road race ended application from the way it revs higher and makes all of its power top end kinda like the s2k which also isnt a 1/4 beast but is a road race monster. in a 1/4 i would def say stock for stock the 06 is the weakest due to the changes droppping tq for peak hp.

Dude when i drove a HR i did not feel like i could spank any tuned modified Z .Stock Zs of course but, i wouldnt beat any money on beating bolt on tuned DEs. Especially with mods liek the cosworth plenum coming out and stand alones yeild great results.

Also ,the exhaust dynos are not consistant. My close friend dyno'd a HR with the very same exhaust yeilding 20lbs of tq and unfortuntly netted great results , but no where near what was posted. Lesson learned , ...27lbs of tq is just not beleivable .
if sharif didnt yield that with test pipes and a greddy evo tt what makes you think a person promoting a exhuast for a HR or couple of people with HRs post exhaust dyno's that vary 10rwhp lmao on dynomite dynos.

Again the HR is the better VQ by far, barnone but the blanketed statement to say you can beat ever tuned bolt on Z is kinda premature. Can you beat every stock Z previous .....if you can drive you definetly should but i wouldnt be confident with modifed NA Z. Especailly ones with whats coming out now for engine management for the DE.

Last edited by RBlover69; 01-01-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
13SECZ

I already told you earlier that I have not been to a track and that the cars I have raced ARE my only benchmark..You must have missed that.

You dont have to believe me...I will get over it if you dont...I am just giving examples..

Too bad your in TX...or I could try yours....oh well
Old 01-01-2008, 12:44 PM
13SECZ

Oh..and the problem may lie in the fact that YOUR rev up dynod at 255whp....I dynod stock on a DJ at 252whp..then modded and unfortunately switched dynos but dynod at my below numbers...where stock rev ups dyno around 230whp....I should be around 280 plus on a DJ..I will find that out when I get re tuned in the spring...

So maybe you feel that way because YOUR rev up is slower then mine...my Dyno numbers prove that...

Quick Reply: Any 2006 owners drive a 07 HR?