Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sponsership

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea what a Food Lion MVP is, so yeah!! cool!!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
PM-Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant believe people are still falling for this crap. Eric has been doing this since like 01. He is making sooooo much money its retarded.
I had a contact down there and actually made out on him because the person was leaving and didnt give a crap. I got crazy stuff out the door for like nothing. But only cuz the owner had no clue.
He used to be called Racer X motorsports, but changed the name a few times I guess as people caught on. They never used to return calls or follow up with parts.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Gator

Never hear of SCP but unfortunately I have heard of carsponsorships.com. Read about them in Superstreet so thought it was a good idea. Didn't check them out, just did it. You go through this bogus "application/approval" process. They take a credit card number for "only if you are approved". Everyone is approved and charged $89/year. The sponsors you get are bogus for the most part. Real crap stuff with usually about a 30% discount as a sponsored car. A few good things but nothing substantial. I complained and you get the non-refundable contract story but oh, we can help you get better sponsors once you prove yourself. Well, who wants to buy crap at 30% off to "prove" themselves? Definitely stay away from them!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:56 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with TeamSCP and I only paid $29.99 to join. I did it for S&G. Wanted to see what it was all about. Apparently, not much.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:53 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN
To those that think being sponsored means, you didn't do it yourself, don't have an understanding of what it takes to be sponsored. In my case, my car was FI before I got a single sponsor. Not to mention that putting together a sponsorship proposal and making contacts in order to get sponsored takes more than just going to Volk and saying "hey sponsor me". I can not stress enough that sponsorships does not me FREE PARTS!!!!! I still paid for pretty much everything on my car. Not to mention, your car has to built to a certain point before a sponsor would even look at you.

Then again, sponsorships are not for everyone. It takes alot of dedication, commitment and leg work when you are finally sponsored.
Absolutely. I used to race dirt late model cars and spent every off season trying to land sponsor deals and it's definitely not easy to do. For every one sponsor you get that is good to you there is another one right around the corner who will use you and never help you out a bit, those were the ones I always seemed to find.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

^
I have not had a bad experience w/ a sponsor, so I can't comment. The sponsors I do have, have been nothing but AWSOME to me. I can not thank them enough! I won't mention names cause I don't want them flooded w/ request for sponsors, they know who they are!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

Originally Posted by Gator
Read about them in Superstreet
where theres your first problem
remember when they used to be a real magaizne, like 11 years ago
Old 03-06-2008, 02:19 PM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by MethodRN
^
I have not had a bad experience w/ a sponsor, so I can't comment. The sponsors I do have, have been nothing but AWSOME to me. I can not thank them enough! I won't mention names cause I don't want them flooded w/ request for sponsors, they know who they are!

I couldn't have said it better myself....i also asked for small things until i proved how hard I would work representing their company...then after that usually request help for larger things

people think that just because you have a nice car companies give you free stuff....that is so far from the truth. You need to find magazines to cover your car, web sites to post information and answer questions, make yourself acessable to display your car with their projects at odd times etc...it is a lot of work...A LOT of work