Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Longing for attention?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 11:21 PM
aggiez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longing for attention?

I wasn't, but I was in a hurry to get out of town on my way to College Station. I filled up, and noticed that my black just wasn't shiny enough for me. (It rains everyday, and it rained that morning while I was running errands). I had ZERO time to wash the car myself, so I ran over to a touchless carwash that was right outside the neighborhood and vowed never to tell anyone I went there. I have a thing where I can only wash my car...but I really wanted the clean car for the road...dilemna.

It was one of those, stand inside while you watch it through glass. Man, oh man. To hear the people call others they were with to look at MY car. I loved to hear them debate over what it actually was while I just leaned against the wall and smirked a little. I've never been big on other people's opinions being a decisive role in my life, but hearing them wow made me feel good.

Yeah I know.....its stupid. But seriously...
Old 07-06-2003, 11:42 PM
sketcher

Default you can only wash your car?

you cant drive it or anything?
thats really gotta suck

or maybe only you can wash your car
hm... placement difference word it makes can

also, how bout this damn rain?
the day cant make up its mind if it wants to be a monsoon or if it wants to do its impression of death valley
*yeesh*
Old 07-07-2003, 10:20 AM
aggiez

Dangit, caught.

Anywho...it still made me feel good. But I hear you on this crappy weather.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:58 PM
CLS

I know the feeling! My car was parked next to my girlfriends car Sunday and I was washing hers. I was kneeling down beside her car filling the wash bucket when I heard people talking. My car was on the other side and thats where they were coming from. It was a family on bikes and I heard the mom say "wow, that looks like a Porsche." and the dad said "yeah, that is one of those new Nissans." They couldnt see me out there and I just got this huge grin on my face. It makes you feel a little special when you hear something like that.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:21 PM
gooters

lmao sketcher.

When I finally get my Z, I plan on looking for all the hOOter's/cheerleader's charity carwashes that I can. I would have no problem with that, otherwise...prefer to wash my car by hand I would.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:43 PM
aggiez

I thought about pulling over into some of those charity washes and making a donation. I always did it in High school when I knew them and drove a truck I didn't really obsess over, but then I noticed that they are in full sun... and who knows...it could be dishwashing liquid.....or maybe they could dry it with beach towels...that hav ebeen on the ground!!

I still might do it though.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:06 AM
350zSpeedRacer

LOL--Just about every time I wash my car on a weekend, the neighborhood kids start flocking over to see it. It's funny--their first question is always, "How fast does it go??" It's like having your very own car fan club. Hee Hee Hee.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:56 AM
gooters

Ohh yeah, your car is black. I prolly wouldnt do the charity car washes. Unless the girls promised to use their bums or shirts to dry off my car or something, lol.