Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

And this is why I usually never use automatic car washes

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch... and that's why I haven't taken any of my cars to the car wash in 11 years.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
350Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MATTY_T
So today i decided to get my car washed. I was in a hurry so i went to the automatic car wash near my house because I have been there before and never had any issues. Well I got the car cleaned and drove back home. The second I got out of my car I noticed a big ****ing scratch on my door... it starts at the front drivers side fender and ends at almost the end of the door. It took some paint off completely on the door. I drove my *** back up there (almost in tears and about ready to throw up)... and made a complaint. The owner/boss wasn't there so I talked to the next guy in charge. I filled out a claim and he gave me a number to contact the owner. So I called and left him a very nice and polite voice mail so he should be calling me back. The guy said the owner would be gone all weekend. Both me and the guy working there took some pictures on our phones and when I got back home i took pics. I know for a fact that the scratch was not there today... i looked at my car and I didn't see it. Its very very noticeable. So my question is what else can I do at this point? I feel that I have done everything possible on my end at this time. Tomorrow morning I have a few shops that I'm going to go to and get a estimate so that I can have the papers ready for him when I meet up with him. Here are a few pictures that I snapped really fast. I'm open to any advice. Im so stressed right now about this whole situation. 99% of the other time I hand wash my car... and this is why. Im kind of mad at myself right now for being lazy and using an automatic wash but I still dont think that its my fault... who is ready for some serious drinking tonight?? I know I am.Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry what happened to your car. Would you please tell what kind of wheels you have.

Thank.s
Old 04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
07rdsterGT

Originally Posted by Master Shake
Sorry to hear about your car wash issue. It doesn't sound like the owner is too interested in getting back to you, and if he does, unfortunately he will probably only point out the "not responsible" signs.

For everyone who is recommending a touchless wash -- are you referring to the small building with the automated/robotic wash arm, that is usually associated with gas stations? If so, what do you do about drying your car afterwards? Obviously, the blower doesn't get the car completely dry. If you drive home with a (somewhat) wet car, do you not end up with water spots?
Well, I wouldn't even use those unless you were in a jam (hot date/dirty car/no time to hand wash??) Cause they don't clean the car AT ALL and then it applys wax over the dirt that is still on your car.....so....yeah, don't use em'.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:05 AM
ajk23az

Even touchless car washes do this.

I got my brakes done at the dealership, yeah i know bad idea. But anyways, they put my car through a touchless car wash and it put scratches alllllllllllllllllllll over the top of my car.

They werent there before that day (i just washed my car by hand the day before) so I knew that was what caused it. And I didnt know they were going to put it through a car wash or else i wouldve told them.

And then, when I drove my car home, I saw all the scratches and drove straight back to the dealership and had to bi**h and moan for 30 minutes before the manager would repaint my car for free.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I only use hand washes that specialize in detailing.. If they are closed then i'll load up a bucket of warm water and throw in some laundrey detergent (chlor. free) and wax on and wax off!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
MadeIn350z

Dood I feel your pain. While I didnt have my Z get pwned in a car wash... I did have some woman back into my front bumper... she creased the lip of my hood and put a few scratches on my bumper as well... I know your pain of looking at the slight imperfections in your Z.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:34 PM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by Mazinger Z
Ouch... and that's why I haven't taken any of my cars to the car wash in 11 years.
you'd expect todays car wash facilities to be slightly better than 11 years ago... but I guess not eh? That sux.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
2006_350gt

Ive got one to top this, I let a local shop do an oil change for me one day cause I was extremely busy. I drop the car off, come back a few hours later pick it up and on my way home I pull into a gas station go to the pump and realize that my passenger front fender has a huge scar and is DENTED (huge dent just like my typing). Anyways I take it back and they decline any responsibility till the owner showed up. Turned out to be a cool guy, looked at it, saw some green residue walks out back and shows the manager where one of the techs' was backing it up and cut the wheel too sharp and clipped a big *** metal dumpster. Tech declined it and owner immediately (while I was standing there) fired the guy saying he wouldn't have a liar working at his shop. Needless to say the car has a beautiful new coat nice new fender and they change my oil all the time now
Old 04-28-2008, 01:34 PM
haeshik

At first i was going crazy spotting on the imperfections on my z but it gets much better over time.

Last edited by haeshik; 04-28-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

FTWFGDWBBQ
Old 04-28-2008, 07:17 PM
malibuboy54

wtf....damn man
Old 04-28-2008, 08:16 PM
MATTY_T

350Speed = They are RH Evolution J5 Pros... They are in black chrome coating.. PM me if you want some better pics of the wheels!!

and yes everyone else who asked, Im 100% sure this was caused by the car wash. It was not on the car when I walked out to it before I went to the car wash and it was there when I got home... I would have totally noticed that getting into my car. Ugh. well tomorrow im gonna make a visit and go there during my lunch break to talk to the owner... I left yet another voice mail today and still no call back. Starting to irritate me! Im just hoping that their are still some decent people still left in this world and that he will take responsibility and help take care of my Z!

Last edited by MATTY_T; 04-28-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
GalvatronType_R

Just rub some Robitussin on it.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
I only use hand washes that specialize in detailing.. If they are closed then i'll load up a bucket of warm water and throw in some laundrey detergent (chlor. free) and wax on and wax off!
That's a tough one. Both are bad choices. Hand wash places use the same rough rags on cars for days at a time, swirling up everyone's paint in the process. Using laundry detergent at home ensures your paint has 0% wax on it at all times and that the surface is coarse-enough to allow for even more marring. Recipe for disaster...
Old 04-29-2008, 03:08 AM
07rdsterGT

Originally Posted by 2006_350gt
Ive got one to top this, I let a local shop do an oil change for me one day cause I was extremely busy. I drop the car off, come back a few hours later pick it up and on my way home I pull into a gas station go to the pump and realize that my passenger front fender has a huge scar and is DENTED (huge dent just like my typing). Anyways I take it back and they decline any responsibility till the owner showed up. Turned out to be a cool guy, looked at it, saw some green residue walks out back and shows the manager where one of the techs' was backing it up and cut the wheel too sharp and clipped a big *** metal dumpster. Tech declined it and owner immediately (while I was standing there) fired the guy saying he wouldn't have a liar working at his shop. Needless to say the car has a beautiful new coat nice new fender and they change my oil all the time now
LUCKY!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:32 PM
MATTY_T

Angry

Update: Went to the owner today to meet with him. He was a complete a$$ hat just as I had expected. Nothing got taken care of, if anything I just became more irritated about the situation. Oh well, it is what it is. I learned my lesson and thats that, its just to bad that it had to be the hard way. I believe in Karma and karma is a b1tch...But luckily one of my buddies has a shop and he has a good body/paint guy that is going to hook me up. I go tomorrow morning so he can see it in person for an exact quote. I just hope anyone who ever considers using an automatic car washes will think twice next time and think about my incident.. please DO NOT EVER use automatic car washes. I know I sure wont do that ever again...

Car Wash = 1, Matty T = 0