Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Site sponsor problem -- How long is too long?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:41 AM
shooter3k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Site sponsor problem -- How long is too long?

I recently ordered a front lip from one of the vendors here on the website, don't wanna throw out names just yet... The lip got in ~3 weeks ago and does not fit correctly or even close to correctly. I contacted the vendor via PMs and had asked him about getting a refund for it, he told me to take pictures of the fitment and let him see it, so went downstairs snapped some pictures and came up and send them too him, communication stopped for a few days.

After telling him I was going to reverse the payment through paypal if I didn't hear from him he finally responded; he told me that instead of mailing it back and getting a refund from him he could just swap it out for a spoiler. I had thought wow cool, this guy is actually willing to work with me and fix this and make things right, what a way to do business...

So the last contact I have had with this guy was 2 weeks ago... I've sent him multiple PMs requesting updates on whats going on with the spoiler, had it gotten painted/shipped or if it's even going to be still. So I'm about ready to go back to my orginal idea and just dispute the payment through paypal cause it seems like he's un-willing to respond to my PMs. I've gotten on for the past couple weeks to check for updates from him and always had 0 pm's sitting in my inbox and his online status would always be updated to "Today". So I know he's been getting on my350z.com... but he is failing to respond to me.

So should I be giving this guy anymore time? Or just go ahead with my dispute through paypal?
Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on the vendor. LOL

(tongue in cheek) but that is pretty long. post away, maybe they will respond... just make sure you have your story and timeline straight or you will get eaten alive.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 AM
shooter3k

I think I'm just gonna stick with the dispute from paypal, typing out what happened pissed me off even more... I mean ****, 2 weeks is plenty of time to respond to PMs especially when you've been on the site. There's no way someone should be doing this to their customers.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 AM
350z2go

do ittt
Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 AM
shooter3k

I received the lip on 7/23/08 and contacted him the next day and told him the lip did not fit and that I was curious how to go about getting a refund. He and myself talked back and forth about the fitment and if I was installing it correctly and what not for about two days. We had also talked about exchanging it for a spoiler instead of a full refund. On 7/26 communication stopped for a couple days, I told him on 7/28 I was going to dispute the payment with paypal if I didn't receive a response from him about how to get a refund. After this he PM'd me and told me:

" You can keep the lip don't ship it back to me cuz shipping will cost alot again. Let me know if you want the spoiler and half CF or full FRP. Painted or not painted. Let me know. I'll work on it.".

That was the LAST communication I've had with this dude and it was on 7/29. I've messaged him several times after this on the following dates: 7/29, 8/04, 8/10, and 8/14. So does anyone else thing that this is a bit ridiculous time frame to not receive any word from this guy?

Last edited by shooter3k; 08-14-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

In a word, yes. When are vendors going to learn to communicate with their customers when there is a problem? It is understandable when problem resolution takes some time, but not responding to customers is entirely unforgivable. File the dispute so you are covered.
BTW, nice job on the time line - some people should take a lesson from that.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 AM
shooter3k

Yeah I got a response shortly after I posted this ... Not sure if it was just a coincidence or what, but nevertheless still a retarded situation.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Brrcats

I agree with perf, very poor customer service on thier part. As any small business owner knows, customer service is a main component on whether or not you'll stay in business.

Have bad customer service and the word spreads
Old 08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the record, I did NOT kill this man's parents.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

^ BWAHAHAHAHAHA For some reason I was waiting for someone to mention you. HAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-14-2008, 06:35 PM
jwillard0201

dispute...buy from someone else...be happy. dont waste your time if the vendor isnt willing to give you some of his time.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Mazinger Z

Originally Posted by shooter3k
I recently ordered a front lip from one of the vendors here on the website, don't wanna throw out names just yet... The lip got in ~3 weeks ago and does not fit correctly or even close to correctly. I contacted the vendor via PMs and had asked him about getting a refund for it, he told me to take pictures of the fitment and let him see it, so went downstairs snapped some pictures and came up and send them too him, communication stopped for a few days.

After telling him I was going to reverse the payment through paypal if I didn't hear from him he finally responded; he told me that instead of mailing it back and getting a refund from him he could just swap it out for a spoiler. I had thought wow cool, this guy is actually willing to work with me and fix this and make things right, what a way to do business...

So the last contact I have had with this guy was 2 weeks ago... I've sent him multiple PMs requesting updates on whats going on with the spoiler, had it gotten painted/shipped or if it's even going to be still. So I'm about ready to go back to my orginal idea and just dispute the payment through paypal cause it seems like he's un-willing to respond to my PMs. I've gotten on for the past couple weeks to check for updates from him and always had 0 pm's sitting in my inbox and his online status would always be updated to "Today". So I know he's been getting on my350z.com... but he is failing to respond to me.

So should I be giving this guy anymore time? Or just go ahead with my dispute through paypal?
If you dispute it w/ Paypal you won't get your shipping money back. You'll prob get your purchase price back but not the shipping back to the vendor. This sucks especially if the vendor is overseas. Even though they're a vendor doesn't mean they have good business ethics. Just look at what ebay is doing right now... weeding out the bad sellers. Anyway, good luck.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Mazinger Z

Originally Posted by Brrcats
I agree with perf, very poor customer service on thier part. As any small business owner knows, customer service is a main component on whether or not you'll stay in business.

Have bad customer service and the word spreads
+1

But at the same time some customers (not the OP) are just plain unreasonable. I think 2 weeks is waaay too long to wait for a reply, if it was me I would have made this thread weeks ago.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by MethodRN
^ BWAHAHAHAHAHA For some reason I was waiting for someone to mention you. HAHAHAHAHA
They almost always do

Why doesn't anyone ever withhold our name from threads like these?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^I was like- Jim don't paint sht when killing parents.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:13 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

(Subscribing)