Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

WARNING TO FUTURE CINCITY CUSTOMERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Behemel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if you actually DO fly out there, I think you should get the names of everyone he owes money to and get ours back as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 AM
gidiup

I really shocked nobody has gone out there. If it was my money I would be on a flight.

So wrong that not only people screw people over but car people screwing other car people over.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 AM
pce60

Over 3gs is a lot of money to just let go. Im with the two chicks kissin in chicago
Old 05-23-2011, 06:45 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

3gs on headlights?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Shizzmaster2k

Originally Posted by phreaktor
3gs on headlights?
I had my rear signal lights done by him as well and a few other things as well but I received everything else except for the headlights. I probably should have mentioned that. Lol!
Anyways, due to the wiring it's going to take to hook up my headlights to switches to showcase my mods (For car shows), my mechanic won't install my vortech kit or my system just because it's a pain in the *** to do all of the electrical work. My ride was suppose to be finish in April but Nic has been holding up my project for the longest time.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Shizzmaster2k

Originally Posted by Behemel
Well if you actually DO fly out there, I think you should get the names of everyone he owes money to and get ours back as well.
PM me the names of the individuals and what mods they were going to have done by NIC. Make sure they have invoices for their projects and receipts. The BBB has already been contacted and I'm getting some legal advice now on how to proceed with the matter. I'm not waiting on this dude anymore. It's time to take the next step and escalate this to the authorities.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Behemel

So if we don't have an invoice or a receipt were screwed? All I have is proof of payment
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Behemel

You have to send money first to receive a receipt or invoice, and we have no way of making him send one, so he should still be at fault for taking our money.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by calin
CinCity seems to be the new pain in the @ss on the block. I'm seriously surprised nobody shut those guys down yet considering all the complaints from different forums.
HIto, maybe you and your bros can stop in on CinCity on your nationwide tour... hint hint.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:00 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to send money first to receive a receipt or invoice, and we have no way of making him send one, so he should still be at fault for taking our money.
That's Nic's M.O. He doesn't provide an invoice or receipt. I don't have one. I only have my old credit card statement showing that I paid him.

He was unwilling to put anything in writing promising to fix my damaged taillights either. He expected me to ship the damaged lights back to him without receiving anything in writing from him first.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Behemel

I'm all for everyone that's available consolidating efforts with Shizzmaster2k
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Shizzmaster2k

Did he make a quote for you with the list of mods before you submitted the payment? That works as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Behemel

yes, but as luck would have it, many of my emails have mysteriously vanished, to include this correspondence. i believe my account was compromised and im currently trying to contact gmail to try and recover the messages.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by Shizzmaster2k
I agree. I can't believe I backed this ****. He has my 350z 06+ headlights and my $3200 and tells me his shop has been moved to a new location but I haven't seen any proof they have been worked on. I spoke to him recently and he told me he would have a new location up and running in two weeks and have the wiring completed for my lights. He's holding up my project for my car. I told him if they weren't ready by the end of this week, I was going to fly out there personally, confront this dude and get my lights and money back.

Due to this ********, I had to contact Mike at clearcorners.com to start a new headlight project for me. FYI to everyone, go to Clearcorners to get mod work done. Great products and great customer service.
Mike does do great work and has awesome customer service. I've bought reverse/turn signal lights and front side markers as well from him but I am currently dealing with a situation with him right now and I thought I would let the community know.

I updated my thread with the new information as well...
https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...rners-com.html

This is once I had my new headlights done by Mike@Clearcorners...

When I got to GTM I saw the headlights. On the driver side headlight the paint was pushing up against the lens by the 4 leds and on the top of the hid part. I had to ship this light back. He fixed all the paint work/labor for free but I was the one that had to pay $575 for a brand new housing (and now I have to find someone to buy my old housing)? If your product fawked up why am I the one paying another $575 for a new lens. So I paid the $575 and this was to guarantee there would not be any paint pushing up when I got it back. He told me everything was good to go and he shipped the driver side headlight back. Well guess what. The paint is still pushing up against the HID part when I got the light. There is no clearance between the lens on the very top of that grey plastic piece above the hid lens...yet the passenger side light has about 1-3mm of space even after it's painted. I did not pay $575 for a new lens housing just to have this **** touching the lens and he knew this! I told him I wanted to ship the light back and get it fixed but he said not to ship it back and he would call me to discuss.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by Goo$e; 05-23-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Shizzmaster2k

Originally Posted by Goo$e
Mike does do great work and has awesome customer service. I've bought reverse/turn signal lights and front side markers as well from him but I am currently dealing with a situation with him right now and I thought I would let the community know.

I updated my thread with the new information as well...
https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...rners-com.html

This is once I had my new headlights done by Mike@Clearcorners...

When I got to GTM I saw the headlights. On the driver side headlight the paint was pushing up against the lens by the 4 leds and on the top of the hid part. I had to ship this light back. He fixed all the paint work/labor for free but I was the one that had to pay $575 for a brand new housing (and now I have to find someone to buy my old housing)? If your product fawked up why am I the one paying another $575 for a new lens. So I paid the $575 and this was to guarantee there would not be any paint pushing up when I got it back. He told me everything was good to go and he shipped the driver side headlight back. Well guess what. The paint is still pushing up against the HID part when I got the light. There is no clearance between the lens on the very top of that grey plastic piece above the hid lens...yet the passenger side light has about 1-3mm of space even after it's painted. I did not pay $575 for a new lens housing just to have this **** touching the lens and he knew this! I told him I wanted to ship the light back and get it fixed but he said not to ship it back and he would call me to discuss.

I'll let you know how it goes.
I still don't understand why you had to purchase a brand new housing. Was there a defect in the housing before hand? Did he contact you directly before starting the work to make you aware of any potential issues due to the defect?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by Shizzmaster2k
I still don't understand why you had to purchase a brand new housing. Was there a defect in the housing before hand? Did he contact you directly before starting the work to make you aware of any potential issues due to the defect?
Me neither. If I remember what he told me...is he only covers the electronics. Which makes no sense when he does the paint work as well. There was no defect in the housing from the start. After the paint touched the lens you really can't do anything due to some clear coat inside of the lens or something. So he cleaned up the lens as much as he could but he said it isn't perfect and with me being **** I wouldn't like it so it would be best to get a new housing.

I was never told before hand that the paint might push up on the lens. If that was the case I would have told him not to paint those certain pieces or I would have went with a matte black instead of a full color match paint. He told me the reason why it was touching is because color patch paint is thicker and there is a clear coat on it which adds the height. I don't know...it seems strange because the passenger side headlight he did is perfect and still has 1-3mm of space clearance when the driver side headlight does not have any clearance.

I'm waiting for my front side markers too. Should be shipping soon.

Mike should take care of me but we shall see. Waiting for a call any day now...

Last edited by Goo$e; 05-24-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:10 AM
gidiup

Are there finders fees if money is recovered?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Behemel

Considering he owes me 1800, I'd easily give like 200-300 to anyone that did that. But I dont see how thats practical haha
Old 05-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Shizzmaster2k

Originally Posted by gidiup
Are there finders fees if money is recovered?
I have $3200 invested in my 06+ headlights and rear bumper signal lights (already received). I have contacted the BBB and I'm still getting the legal advice together. Nic has until next week to have my headlights completed or else I'm pushing forward with the lawsuit.

@gidiup: I'm not doing this for a reward. It's the principal that counts. If you pay someone to perform a service, they should follow through with it to the letter and if there are any issues, they should contact you in regards to those issues to prevent any mishaps. Nic has not done this and now its time to take it to the next level just so he gets the point. This dude has a Acura NSX as a shop car with a fortune veilside body kit and a lot of custom work as well. As far as I now, he could have put everyone's money towards his ride and sold our parts for scrap. I'm not letting this go any longer so if you have money invested in a project that was suppose to complete, PM me your name, phone number and project information and maybe we can get a joint lawsuit or something to that effect.

@Behemel: PM me your name, phone number and project information as well and I'll see if Nic has an update. He's still answering my calls (for now) so I will find out more.

Nic is never in the shop after I told him I wanted to speak with someone there directly, he tells me they only have one phone number as a form of contact. Shady dude!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Behemel

I've heard from another forum member that one of his other employees helped them out, but getting in touch with one of them is the hard part.

Quick Reply: WARNING TO FUTURE CINCITY CUSTOMERS