Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

WARNING TO FUTURE CINCITY CUSTOMERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Subninja
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for the record I haven't really heard any complaint at all so maybe if you call them and ask them to fix it they will.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:25 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only contribution I can make to this thread is that YES, this absolutely can happen when headlights are baked. Happened to me (with only one of headlights) when I did mine last year. Had to buy a brand new bare assembly from WCN (thankfully, back then they cost 75% less than a complete headlight). This issue has nothing to do with the year of the headlight ('08 vs '06), it has to do with its handling. Plexiglass is extremely fickle. The slightest wrong move can put stress cracks; oven temp being even a little too high, exposure a bit long, praying them apart with too much force while they are hot (this is a biggie), etc.

When this happens, it happens soon after the lights are taken apart (once they have completely cooled down) and is VERY visible to the person doing the work. I am not saying there is no way Cincity couldn't have noticed the damage, may be they were too busy, but it would be extremely tough to miss.

External damage (shipping etc) wouldn't cause damage like this. Trust me, I inspected the hell out of mine when it happened (I first thought polishing would take them out! LOL!). These cracks are between the top and bottom layers of the lens, instead of being right on either. If you hold the light inches from your face, you will notice what I mean.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Default CINCITY is a joke.

They are a bunch of losers running that place. Their sponsorship offers also are a joke. 50% off to be sponsoring them?! And 50% off is still near $1k

The work they do costs less than $200 at the most to do, and they like to charge everyone huge amounts and sponsorship which requires you to still pay a large amount.

They don't like to answer to emails or pms, and ignore them a lot. I will never do business with them.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Chris @ Migliore
^and if anyone knows my history with solo-350z.........we dont see eye to eye much at all.
I was gonna say something again but glad to see you did already. Yes we don't see eye to eye much, but when I like to protect our vendors on this site as well, something needs to be said.

What I don't understand is why the mods aren't dealing with this guy. They had to delete his FS thread trying to drum up business for those lights, then he said they were his friends and he wanted to show them to us, and now he is saying they are his again.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:11 PM
usmanasif

I should clarify something here in the sheer interest of fairness. Nic is good guy. As I said, I did all the work myself but did contact him to buy a plastic lens shroud I needed (the silver gray piece that surrounds the projector in '06+ Zs). Not available for individual sale, it is extremely tough to come by. Nic had one from a damaged headlight and we worked out a nice trade for my own damaged headlight (the self-inflicted issue I mentioned in the above post). I was doing a complete paint/halo/color mod and Nic gave me 2 tips for the halo install that proved to be invaluable.

As for Cincity's prices, I need to be fair here as well. I don't have their pricelist as I didn't get them to work on my lights but any custom headlight work, when done right, is very time consuming. Those of you with the halo mod should know that just sanding off the shroud in those 4 spots is tedious work since one uses a gentle sandpaper and goes to town on the shroud. Positioning the halo, hiding and securing its converter etc. are all time intensive tasks. Then adding LEDs to the headlight trim opens up the installer to a whole new set of issues.

Finally, having a graduate business degree myself, I can see that Cincity is staying true to the #1 rule of any new product launch; "Charge the maximum price that the market is willing to bear". Looking at their sales history here and on other forums, I can see that their target market has thus far been bearing the prices quite well!

So let's all not forget a simple rule of social etiquette: "Criticize all you want, but remain fair to each side of the argument."
Old 11-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 982 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I don't know how you can say his mod looks like crap. I don't know how you can say it looks like anything. That photo looks like it was taken in the middle of a seizure. My guess is that those are some kind of headlight. Possibly for a car. Beyond that...they're blue-ish?
saw his other thread, heres a pic from it

He used standard 3mm or 5mm leds.........theyre not meant for a surface mount project like this. During the day with the lights off theyll look GHETTO at best.

To do the r8 mod properly you need a surface mount, 90 degree angle, narrow distribution(you may go with wide to lower the MCD), low mcd led IMO. You should be able to paint the top black leaving just the emitting lens clear so that the leds are hard to spot.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I should also add that, unlike me, you probably know what the hell you're talking about.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z
They are a bunch of losers running that place. Their sponsorship offers also are a joke. 50% off to be sponsoring them?! And 50% off is still near $1k

The work they do costs less than $200 at the most to do, and they like to charge everyone huge amounts and sponsorship which requires you to still pay a large amount.

They don't like to answer to emails or pms, and ignore them a lot. I will never do business with them.
Aww don't be jealous we only offered you 50% sponsorship and gave full sponsorships to others. No need to be a sour apple now. Just wasn't worth giving 100% sponsorship to you sorry. And by the way the person we offered your sponsorship (50%) had no problem accepting it.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by TBDesigns@CiNcity
Aww don't be jealous we only offered you 50% sponsorship and gave full sponsorships to others. No need to be a sour apple now. Just wasn't worth giving 100% sponsorship to you sorry. And by the way the person we offered your sponsorship (50%) had no problem accepting it.
Laugh. You sir never offered me and I never signed up to become a sponsor for you. I would have never accepted it myself. I am sure they took it, because they didn't know better.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:15 AM
themadhatterxxx

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread. I love these forums so much drama no need for TV. Anyway Glad to see it's being resolved for Calin. But yeah it does get annoying going into every thread spammed by some idiot trying to barter his paint services for trade for a ps3 or xbox360.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 AM
rockinbboy

well, guess I won't be sending my headlights to them.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 AM
BallZdeepNYC

yea i dont think i will neither. I would hate to pay all that money and get my headlights back lookin like **** like that
Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 AM
cracka350z

i once ate a full bag of Dog treats. i was stopped up for 3 days and then i took the biggest dump i have ever seen....i swear...it was like 4 feet long!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Never understood why people want to rice out headlights. Maybe Zs are getting super cheap with this economy who knows.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by cracka350z
i once ate a full bag of Dog treats. i was stopped up for 3 days and then i took the biggest dump i have ever seen....i swear...it was like 4 feet long!
Ah yes, I remember hearing about this.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Silver_Z33

the only thing i would ever do to my 03 headlights is replace them with the newer bi xenon headlights lol Which i def plan on doing. STOP RICING OUT LIGHTS. Next thing you know half the people with z's will be running around with underglow lights and mufflers they bought at autozone and pep boys.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:38 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

damn that is F'up
Old 11-17-2008, 10:55 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TBDesigns@CiNcity
Really professional, bra.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:48 AM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by kacz07
Really professional, bra.
Yea I agree, really sad though that the only way OP got his issue resolved was when it was brought to public light (no pun intended).
Old 11-17-2008, 11:50 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Yea I agree, really sad though that the only way OP got his issue resolved was when it was brought to public light (no pun intended).
Wrong! I told him before he posted I would take care of him. But he still posted.

Quick Reply: WARNING TO FUTURE CINCITY CUSTOMERS