Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sound Performance spracingonline.com experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:20 AM
needspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Performance spracingonline.com experience

This is a fairly long write up, if you do not want to read it all, just know that Sound Performance is the best of the best and I could not be any more satisfied.

I would like to take some time here to let you guys know about my experience with Sound Performance. I’d like to start by just saying “Thank you” to Tim and the rest of the staff over at SP. I could not have been any more pleased with my entire experience. The time, the work, the customer service, and the communication all have been nothing but the best from SP.

I first made a few calls out to the local shops trying to decide where to have my Turbonetics ST system installed. I am in no way, shape or form trying to bash any other shop around, Charles (Autowerks) and Irfan (GRD) both were very helpful and answered all questions I had when trying to decide where to have the install done. I let them all know I was making the rounds and then deciding where to go. My choice was Sound Performance.

To be honest, I didn’t think SP was going to be choice before I made the calls and checked out their shop and met the staff. I thought of SP as a place where all they did was build 9 second race cars, they do have the fastest 350z in the world! I also knew of their status as one of the best shops ever in performance of the Toyota Supra. I called them and talked to Tim and he made an appointment to meet me at the shop at a time that fit my schedule, even though the shop was normally closed at the hours that worked for me. He gave me the tour, showed me the cars they had there and explained the history of SP. I was excited about where the shop came from, how it started, and what it has become today. When I found out they would not be charging prices more outrageous than others, I was a bit surprised and very excited. The final element, that probably sealed the deal for me, was that Tim never tried to sell me on anything I did not want, or did not need. I explained I was looking to upgrade a daily driver. I was not looking for a 9 second car, did not want a car built for the track with so much power I could not grip the road. He never tried to push me to buy their twin turbo system or anything else I did not want or need. I had the Turbonetics system already and we made an appointment for me to bring the car in the following week to have it installed.

During the install period, Tim called me on updates to the car and install. He called to let me know I needed to replace a belt and asked for my approval to do so. I was also told to come by and check on the progress of the car anytime I wanted to. I never had to question what was being done, or when I would get the car back. I already knew all of that because of the communication, and that was perfect for me. When it was ready to go, I went to SP like a kid at Christmas. The guys there went over the install, guided me around the engine bay, explained everything to me, and answered all my questions.

I could not be more thrilled about Sound Performance as a whole. They are a great team, an amazing shop, and just some all around good people who love cars just like we do. Whether you want a car that is built for the ultimate speeds and horsepower, or if you just want to upgrade your car and make it more fun to use as a daily driver, Sound Performance will take care of you! Thank you again. Keith
Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 AM
tim@SP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the kind words Kieth!!! you make a lot of good points about us being know as a "High End Shop" Sure we do that and we do very well at it. but we also do anything from oil changes on Camry's to brake jobs on our customers daily drivers. If we just stuck to large builds... we wouldn't be here today.

Thank you again Keith (and your father) and let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!

Tim
Sales Manager
Sound Performance