Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My order is in

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Norel350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My order is in

Just got back from the dealer after placing my order on my 04 Enth. 6 speed. Im nervous as hell, and I won't be happy till its in my driveway, but Im one step closer to being a Z owner after almost 6 months of waiting and debating. Thanks to everyone who has put up with my questions and answers. This board def. made buying this car a million times easier, by providing the knowledge about the car, and helping me avoid getting bamboozled by the dealer.

-Brendan
Old 09-06-2003, 07:09 AM
jgraeb01

I was thinking about doing just this and ordering the vehicle instead of just walking onto a dealer lot and taking stock. I'm curious though as to how you worked out payment (I've never ordered a vehicle before)? Do you put X down or do you have to work out all the financing beforehand? Also, did you end up paying much more than MSRP (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks in advance!

Joe
Old 09-06-2003, 09:41 AM
Boiler

I had a chat at a dealers yesterday, I am going back to London for a couple of months, so am looking at Nov/Dec delivery. Would help if I could make up my mind which spec. They had a White Touring, probably my least favoutite colour. Inclined towards a Performance Silver.

Nice guy, but still tried to get me to sign up despite me making it clear that I was just researching!. Anyway I never mentioned price, let them raise it, but he was basically saying List and they would include a few things, mats etc I guess. I had not intended including the Navigation system, got a play, a very nice toy....USD2,000 though, but now under consideration!

He said that Nissan would never offer the deals that you can get on other models on a Z, really, they will if they need to.

Sounds like a 10 week delivery, ish, would not commit.

I need to see the Convertable, next weekend.

The web sites suggest you can get a 1,000 off MSRP btw.

I think part of my motivation is that they are 25% dearer in the UK, not that you can get one anyway - a very long waiting list.

I went down to Denver yesterday for the Autoshow in Motion, got to drive a Hummer and a Corvette, Corvette v nice but it would have to be a Convertable and that is a lot more than I was thinking of spending. Interior felt cheap and smaller than the Z. My other half can get a discount on Chevrolets, but it would have to be a big one. They only had Automatics to drive, what is the point of an automatic in a sports car?
Old 09-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Conceyted

ordered mine about a week ago and they had one coming over already so they snagged that one for me. But I still have till the end of sept till I get it....
Old 09-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Norel350Z

Default The way i did it

I priced a enth lvl 6 speed with NO options. in reality its going to have floor mats, and either splashes or kicks, so im going to pay cash for those, but my payemnts are going to be 376 for 39m 12k. I got them down to 27400 for the price of the car (About 500 over invoice) In the end all that im paying out of pocket it Tax and fees, which amount to about 2600 bucks, not that bad. Got a great insurence quote through Geicho for both the Z and my Maxima.

Im scared as hell that they are going to pull some nonsence out of left feild, and try to tack on other fees and nonsence but so far all ive had is the originatin fee. That 27400 included destination. This is a good deal, and lot of family friends who are in the car buiz told me to "wait for the other foot to drop" but for now its still smooth sailing (knock on wood)

All i can say is do your homework. I live in NY and i went to ever dealership that was within an hour from my house. Find someone who will work with you. Im 21 and having done this for the most part on my own, with a little haggling help from my dad, makes me pround. But alot of what i know about the car came from this site, and for that I am very greatful. Good luck to those working on getting their 04's and good luck to me, that "the other foot" never falls

-B
Old 09-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Conceyted

Well, I got about your deal but EVERY option except Side AirBags and Total before TTL was 26,800 I believe. After TTL was 29,550 and its a 2004 with Cargo Pkg, Floor mats, trunk mat, kick plates, splash gaurds, aero package (which wont be installed ) and whatnot. 2004 SuperBlack Enthusiast 6mt. Hope you like your car, I can't f'ing wait for mine! got 3 weeks left!
Old 09-06-2003, 02:56 PM
SweatyPalm

Are you guys talking about 04 models? Most of the local dealers here are still charging at least MSRP for 04 models. What did you do to have them come down to 500 above invoice? By the way, I don't see many 04 models in any Nissan Dealers (I assume those were the first 04 badge of coupes). When are they they receiving more Zs?
Old 09-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Conceyted

Yes, they are '04 models. There was only 1 at my dealer and only 1 (that one) around the other 3 dealers. It was a PPW Enthusiast 6spd NO OPTIONS. I didn't want it, I am set on black, so they had to order it. Well, I had them compare '03 to '04 pricing and the 04 was less than an 03 was! They don't loose value to the dealer. So, I told them to work me a price, then I went to a near by dealer (40 min from that dealer which was 1 hour away from my home already) and asked them to get me a price too. I played them against each other and talked them down untill I got what I wanted. Waiting for my Z, I am begining to have doubts. I think I should have gotten an Auto After seeing the numbers on the Auto and the numbers on the manual they arent much different, and the times are identical. Damn it I hate this second guessing ********!
Old 09-06-2003, 04:30 PM
BFG10

Chris, you'll be happy with the 6spd! Way better having the Z with a stick IMO. You won't regret it so don't second guess it.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Norel350Z

Default My method

I just shopped, like i said went to every dealer i could get my hands on. This dealer was the most willing to work on the price so I made them my primary, and had a few others that i was keeping in the wings if this one dealer couldn't preform. The first quoted me at 30k before tax. I laughted and flat out told them, "I am not paying at or above sticker you have to do better" They came back with 28000, Sticker was 28600 i belive. So the next trip my pops tagged along, and they went down to 27750, Then i started getting serious with another dealer who offered me 27450. Seeing that the invoice is 26900, I figured I had it set.
I gave one last shot to the original Dealer to beat that price, because they where closer to my house, and they came back with 27400. THe other dealer stopped returning my phone calls, so it was clear they didn't want my buiz so Dealer #1 won in the end.

You just gotta play the game, People will say this car doesn't deserve to be shopped like that, but Its my money, and im not going to spend some of it if I don't have to

Also Chris you got that car for Below invoice, thats sweet, with all the options thats still a nice deal. congrads.

As for the 04, my dealer has the exact car im looking at inbound, saw it on the nissan website, so im hopping to get that exact car. If not the dealer says it will take about 1-2 weeks to locate, but Im realistic and wouldn't be surprised if it take till the end of this month. But ive been waiting since that first faitful test drive in april, so a few more weeks can't hurt

Im glad i got the 6mt as well. My stick driving is weak at best, so you can bet ill be working on it, but I just can't wait till that car is in my drive way, nor will I be sleeping well. Hell I prob won't sleep at all once i got it, because ill be too afriad the little punks up the block will be messing with it in the night COngrads to you too Chris, i know the feeling and its a great one, Good luck

-Brendan

*edit* Like chris, i was told the 03 where going to be more expensive for a 39 month lease. When you run the numbers the Lease companys are having you pay more of the price of the car, being that when it comes off lease the car will be worth less, because it willl be almost 4 years old, maybe 4.5 in some cases, so the resale for them will be less. One dealer put it best. If your going to Buy go for an 03 but if your a lease kinda person go for 04 beacuse of the lower residual on the car.

Last edited by Norel350Z; 09-06-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Conceyted

^^^ If you are going to buy... 04. I am actually paying cash for the car and they quoted me two figures. On an '03 it would be 500 more than what I was paying for the '04 and with the SAME options. Either way, the dealers I delt with were very willing to sell me an 04 faster than the 03. They were only pushing the 03s if I didnt want to wait, as the 04s have BARELY hit the lots.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Norel350Z

Default 04 on the lot

Ya they had one 04 touring in Sliverstone that I was drooling over yesterday when I was there to sign the papers, I wanted to sit in it, to see what these knee pads look like, but it was outside so it was locked, too much hassle. But they tell me that they are on their way, so we shall see... God i hate waiting, I slept soo bad last night, keept thinking about it.

-B
Old 09-07-2003, 05:26 AM
SweatyPalm

Default Re: 04 on the lot

Originally posted by Norel350Z
God i hate waiting, I slept soo bad last night, keept thinking about it.

-B
Tell me about it. I'm picking up my Z in 4 hrs (2 hrs drive to the dealer btw) and I can't sleep. I'm getting my 04 SS performance model at invoice.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:16 PM
jgraeb01

I guess dealers are a little more willing to make a deal on the 04's because of the instant-holdback they're making?

It looks promising that many of you are able to purchase the 04's for under MSRP and closer to invoice.

I'm shopping for the roadster, but I don't think that will ever be gotten for below MSRP ... at least not in the next 9-12 months. Local dealers want +$5k for the enthus and +$9k for the touring. By the time you're done, you're looking at spending $50k -- that's just nuts!

The big question: Lease, or buy ... ?

Hmmm ....

Joe
Old 09-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Conceyted

buy imo!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:54 PM
jgraeb01

Yah, I'm leaning more towards the buy option ... however, there are some good points to leasing:

(1) That dealer markup crap goes out the window as Nissan has the leasing incentive listed (right around $526 for 36mo / 12k, forgot the down) -- though this might be expired.

(2) If you plan to dump the car in 48-60 months anyways, yer better off going with the lower payment. Sure you have 0 equity when you go to turn it in, but if you buy, the higher payment is where that equity comes from (ie: if you lease @ 526 and buy @ 776, that $250 per month for 36 months becomes 9000 you can use to upgrade your car and/or put down on the new one in 37 mons). Consider that a buy would also be 60 months, so that's truly like a $15000 differential over the term -- so yah, you trade it in in 5 years, but what the dealer gives you is roughly what you paid more than the lease over the 5 year term. Probably a lot of number crunching to do here though.

I'm not too much into mod'ing the car, etc so a lease doesn't hurt me other than the mileage limitations. I just always thought the 300ZX was an awesome car but never got the chance to own one. I almost bought an S2000, but when I learned that the 350z was being released in a convertible trim, I decided to wait.

Unfortunately, there's a huge price swing in these cars -- $19,000 if you consider that I can get an S2000 for close to invoice and they want $9000 over MSRP locally. We're not evening talking TTL (taxes are higher on $19000 more).

I mean, with the difference, I could buy myself a Civic too, and still have enough left over to pay the insurance on both cars for awhile.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Conceyted

yea the Vert is the new thing. They are selling faster than they can get them to the US. They wouldnt mark up that much if they didnt sell them! Sucks though!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Schukey

How long does it typically take from the point one orders the car to when they get it?
Old 09-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Norel350Z

Default how long for an order

I was told by a Dan Z, over at smithtown Nissan here in ny that Orders will take up to 120 daysso 4 months time