Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002 | 11:00 PM
MSOsr

Default Zaino

Do you guys use Zaino on your current cars?
Old 05-28-2002 | 12:12 AM
LowFuel

I used it on my Black NSX, it is incredible stuff.
However, on my Silver Audi TT (current car), it doesnt really do much, because of the color of the car. So I've not been using it much because it takes a long time to do and the result is only moderate on this color.

I do plan to use it on my Daytona Z though...
Old 05-28-2002 | 12:15 AM
mi350z

Yes and it is a great product. I am on my way to the garage right now to remove the last coat of Z2 from my black Audi.
Old 05-28-2002 | 12:28 AM
FalGra

Zaino is great.... I use that stuff like mad before long trips... it helps keep the bug guts from doing alot more damage... Not to mention it takes out the swirls if you do every step. A shine that gives the paint some dimension. I love it!
Old 05-28-2002 | 01:58 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by LowFuel
I used it on my Black NSX, it is incredible stuff.
However, on my Silver Audi TT (current car), it doesnt really do much, because of the color of the car. So I've not been using it much because it takes a long time to do and the result is only moderate on this color.
do you think it's because the silver is a light color? I usually put on Meguiars Gold Class on my GS400. Would Zaino's be a waste of money if i put it on my KYO 350Z and GS400 as well.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino-gs400.jpg  
Old 05-28-2002 | 02:52 AM
john0213

what is zaino? is that a coat or a paint?
Old 05-28-2002 | 03:12 AM
MSOsr

I've never used it, but my son raves about it..........it is a car wash/polish system.
Old 05-28-2002 | 03:13 AM
ZBarrister

Now have any of you used or heard of that plastic film that they can put on cars? Is that something you can use with Zaino? I've looked into this a little bit, seems like a good idea but I wonder what it will look like long term. Anybody out there have any experience with the plastic film?
Old 05-28-2002 | 03:21 AM
FalGra

ZBarrister... You are talking about the 3M clear bra... yes, that stuff is great... every car I have seen it on is flaw less.. it doesn't yellow, it doesn't harm the paint or anything... It's kinda expensive.. but so is repainting the front of ur car.. I plan to have it done on the front of the new Z and the front of the mirrors as well.. You can wax right over it just like the paint on the car... They actually recommend you do it, to keep the plastic in tip top shape...
Old 05-28-2002 | 04:48 AM
ZBarrister

That's exactly the stuff i was asking about..thanks for the information. I will definitely have to give it serious consideration.
Old 05-28-2002 | 05:01 AM
pekkle
Charter Member #20

there's some information on it here:

http://www.3m.com/US/auto_marine_aer...gfast_no16.pdf
Old 05-28-2002 | 05:19 AM
LowFuel

dvlad - hard to answer really, but personally I would think your Lexus or even a Chrome Silver Z will not get too much of an effect from Zaino...
btw, Im not saying it wont look good, it WILL, in fact it should look as good or better than meguiars.
What I am saying is that on my silver audi, the difference between a lengthy hand-polish or wax, with Zaino or anything else, is not a signifigant improvement over running it through the wash at the local gas station. The paint job on my Audi is very shiny naturally, even without polish.
Base colors, IE non "glitter" colors, like black, red, blue, and that sort are really where Zaino shines (pun intended).

Once we all start getting our cars, I think I'll have a Zaino day at my place. Let everyone come over and do a free Zaino job, have some BBQ, and maybe a drive up mt. Palomar to kick things off.
Old 05-28-2002 | 05:23 AM
VandyZ

I use it and love it. It does pay off more if you have a dark color, but this is the case for most polishes. Just this weekend I used their new Zfx additive to make the process faster. I put two more coats on (3 hrs) which makes a total of 6 coats this year. It went much faster, I must say though I may have reached the optical limits of my paint. I get so many compliments it is not even funny. I wish I had pics, I can get around to it if you like. Follow the directions and you will be impressed.

BTW, My car is metalic green. The flake is visible from much farther away with Zaino. White and silver are not as impressive (still worth it), but the pearl white on the maxima looks awesome with it. Someone (stranger) yesterday ask how I got it so "bling bling," I laughed and told them.

Last edited by VandyZ; 05-28-2002 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-28-2002 | 07:09 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by LowFuel
dvlad - hard to answer really, but personally I would think your Lexus or even a Chrome Silver Z will not get too much of an effect from Zaino...
btw, Im not saying it wont look good, it WILL, in fact it should look as good or better than meguiars.
What I am saying is that on my silver audi, the difference between a lengthy hand-polish or wax, with Zaino or anything else, is not a signifigant improvement over running it through the wash at the local gas station. The paint job on my Audi is very shiny naturally, even without polish.
Base colors, IE non "glitter" colors, like black, red, blue, and that sort are really where Zaino shines (pun intended).

Once we all start getting our cars, I think I'll have a Zaino day at my place. Let everyone come over and do a free Zaino job, have some BBQ, and maybe a drive up mt. Palomar to kick things off.
yeah, cars which have a darker color tend to have a deeper shine than lighter colored ones. I just didn't want to spend all that money buying a product which might show marginal gains than what i currently use.

Just give me a date and where you live, and i'll drive over for the weekend.
Old 05-28-2002 | 07:37 AM
pekkle
Charter Member #20

what would you guys recommend on lighter colors like chrome silver or white?
Old 05-28-2002 | 09:14 AM
BrianZ

Default "Zaino"

"Zaino." Never heard of it, but just the name makes me want to rush out and buy some right now!

It sounds like a superhero, or maybe an Italian hit-man. Either way, bullets or battles, its goin' on my car!
Old 05-28-2002 | 03:48 PM
Z&Jet-Pilot

Default Link

In case you want more info:

http://www.zainobros.com/
Old 05-28-2002 | 04:06 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Z&JetPilot: Are you the one who made the model that is in your Avatar? Someone posted on here and thought it was a real car. I was pretty sure it was a Tamiya 1:24 model. Was it you that made the model?
Old 05-31-2002 | 07:54 PM
94 TA GT

Zaino is good stuff. If you have a dark car it REALLY makes it shine well. The best part is, It last a very VERY long time. You also can put as many coats on as you like, the more, the better

Quick Reply: Zaino