Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002 | 10:47 PM
rouxeny

Seriously, there's a guy on acura-cl.com with a blue CL that has a million coats of Zaino on it. His name is Shawn S and he's the resident Zaino guru over there. And of course, his car typically looks awesome. The shine is really incredible. Now, everybody agrees that he's a little addicted, but it does seem like it takes a fair amount of time and leg work (arm work?) to get the stuff on.

Bonz, $125 bucks? Ouch. My problem is that in my damn apartment complex, I don't have access to a hose!
Old 06-03-2002 | 11:38 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

I e-mailed Shawn S and he gave me some tips. I had actually asked him about applying the cleaner to our brand new Z's before the polish. He said (as they say on the Zaino web site), that even though the paint is new, it will still have junk on it (residue, "rail dust" from traveling by train etc.) and Zaino cleaner is great at getting the stuff off before applying the polish.

I'll let everybody know when I get it and I'll post some before and after pics for everyone to see.
Old 06-04-2002 | 12:59 AM
jran76

Where can you get Zaino products?
Old 06-04-2002 | 01:52 AM
94 TA GT

Here is another one I found, I asked the guy to go take a picture of his car, he said he just walked out to his garage and took this pic
Here is the trunk of the other black car This also looks good on lighter color cars. I have a few nice blue pics, and I have my car in white as soon as I can get my camera. Go to www.Zainobros.com the only down side is ordering it and the time it takes to DAWN and claybar your car. Make sure you know the procedure before you just jump into this.
Old 06-04-2002 | 02:45 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

You mean he just walked out (on April 4th 2001) and took the pic?

Think the guy likes G n R???
Old 06-04-2002 | 02:50 AM
94 TA GT

When he took the picture, he was trying to to prove the durability of it, so someone wanted him to show him what it looks like at that point (notice the dirty wheel wells).
Old 06-04-2002 | 04:31 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Default Zaino vs. (insert your favorite wax here)

If you visit just about any car forum, you will find a discussion or ten about Zaino vs. any, and all, different waxes.

There was at one point a web page dedicated to testing some 10 or more different waxes. When they published their results, there was a great uproar. They named Zymol (IIRC) the winner. The Zaino supporters went nuts. There was a huge discussion as to whether the results were fixed, or if it was even a real test. Who knows? The guys that did the test claimed that they were even threatened with physical violence. Whether or not this is true, the rest of the discussions that surronded the test illustrated just how fanatical a subject matter this topic can be.

That said, the NSX groups have discussed the wax subject in great detail. Zymol makes a NSX specific wax, which had been _the_ wax to use. When the Zaino discussion came up, Bill over at nsxsc.com conducted a test of his own. Here are some links from that board regarding this test and other Zaino discussions.

Wax test
Zaino search
Waxtest.org The guys that brought about out the angry Zaino users/supporters.
Old 06-04-2002 | 04:57 AM
94 TA GT

I know, I heard about that too. Zymol dose shine very well also, but in my experience, Zaino lasts longer. But Zymol too is good stuff, as well as KLASSE, that stuff is very good too. It's all an opinion anyways, I just thought I would shed some light on Zaino
Old 06-04-2002 | 06:59 AM
jleighZ

I am a Zaino-holic as well. I love this stuff, and use it weekly on my car. I didnt read all the post in this thread so I dont know if there was anything about Griots Garage polish/wax. I just used it and it works even better than Zaino. Its not that much more expensive and leaves a nice shine for weeks. Griots Garage
Old 06-06-2002 | 12:31 AM
bossplaya

If your really interested in learning about Zaino (and other similar products), and how to correctly apply the stuff check out the Autopia Forums . There's a great wealth of knowledge there with a few professional detailers taking part in discussions.