Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Destoyed Z...with a horrible twist.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Okay, so none of this explains why she didn't drive her own car to the bar.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:56 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30 day course at Benning means no lock down and permanent party can go home at night. That course was a vacation for me since I was on a recruiting stint. no written exams, PT was a joke, land nav was elementary and the course self correcting, etc.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Boogshag

Originally Posted by Swimminggerman
Wow total loss. Sorry to hear/see this.

Learn your lesson guys. dont let ladies drive your lady. I sold my 4runner 2 days prior to going on holiday for a month, tried to move my Z a few hours prior to take off, to a friends house for safe keeping (very trustworthy individual) didnt have enough time. Left the Z at home and told GF that Ill call him to come pick it up. Im super **** with my possesions that they are respected and taken care of, I trust this guy. Anyways she says, how about you just leave it at home and itll be ok. Horrible gut feeling uhhhh no no no no. But ok i thought heres your test sweetie. Get a call in germany "I sold my car and want to know if I can use yours for 2 days max until i pick up my new one so I dont have to get a rental.(I sold my 4 runner Shoot) Gut feeling again uhhhhhh no no no but I said ok 2 days ill help her out. Come back home month later, car looks ok she says that a part of the roof (hawaii roofs are thin metal or plastic, not solid like mainland with shingles) anyways roof fell on it and scuffed the paint a bit. They had it buffed (idiot who did that burnt through the paint on a corner. But whatever. I look at my exhaust, Oh ****, one tip (Titanium) was bent/crumpled half in. She claimed she never knew. Now in her defense she promissed she was super careful and I beleive her because she knows how **** i can be with my car, however mistakes happen and you just need to know who to trust and who not to depending on what your ok with happening to you vehicle. Id say trust enthusiast friends not random people.

Thats a long paragraph! Anyway, good luck getting this settled. Must be a terrible feeling. I think your buddy owes you an apology and quite a few Benjamins
Old 08-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Brrcats

Sorry to hear about your car, that sucks, hopefully you'll get back what you need.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 AM
SA Z-boi

someone needs a good *** beating.............."Trenton"
Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 AM
larue582

I know I'm kinda late...

Only thing she wrong for is handing the keys off. USAA will cover you as long as you do it in a timley manner. (No waiting) And for those not in the military I don't know in this circumstance but you get short notice you gotta leave today stuff. Wife/GF handle this, its trust, my lady wouldnt do it but not everybody is the same.

I still whip that *** though!!! Jail or not soon as he get out Its on layaway!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about this, good luck getting everything taken care of. If you are going to go after his ins(i suggest you do), you need to file a police report that he stole your veh(explain that he never had permission to use your veh. and used it without your concent) and press charges against him. Also let your insurance know that he did not have permission to use your veh and that you want them to go after his ins for all damages. If you have any other questions, drop me a PM and I will speak with our claims department and see what advise they might have.

-Chris
Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 AM
sir captian

I'm sorry about your car man but I'm willing to bet that dude was driving the car the whole night.Act like everything is cool and just casually ask her if she let him drive the car to the bar if she breaks down and admits it then you know she cant be trusted....And trust me any dude that has the ***** to drive your car like that wouldnt hesitate to hit on your girl.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Riyazsf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg i wouldn't be with my gf if this happened lol
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

I think the OP is in need of a mediator on this issue

Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 PM
latin_racer

Story doesn't add up. Hope it works out but I would be a little concerned about finding out the truth from both party involved.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
350ZthatsMe

sorry for your loss... he didn't have permission to drive so he shouldn't have...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:23 PM
CancerJCCz

Originally Posted by fiveninerzero
poor shines
I know! The driver front and rear were brand new to due to a previous tard moment of mine

Originally Posted by DanielW
dude who is this trenton guy? things don't sound right... hate to tell you but I would want someone to point that out to me. For her to even think about giving your keys to another man is outrageous. And at a BAR? And as stated previously it sounds like she probably let him drive it. Hope it works out for the best and hope trenton wasn't doin any funny business with your girl
Definitely not any funny business with my girl. I know the thread is long but if you re-read you would see that it was a LARGE group of friends guys and girls alike she merely drove him because he lives at our apt. complex. I fully trust Ashley.

Originally Posted by Entaille
please teach your woman some common sense if you stay with her. : )
I know. I am not telling her how stupid it was to give him the keys because I am away and she feels worse than horrible about it all. She even was cry tonight about how sorry she was and how stupid she is for even taking it. I love her and will "speak" with her when it is more appropriate to do so. Now is not the time when I am not there to hug her and love her as she is already depressed about it all.
Originally Posted by illjim69
Okay, so none of this explains why she didn't drive her own car to the bar.
Yes I know. Explanation: She drives a Chevy Cobalt and I HAD the nice car. Of course she wants to take it out and show off a bit with our friends. I love her and allow her to do this. She fuked up by handing of the keys but as stated about I'm not gonna blast her over the phone when I am not around because she does feel terrible about it all.

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
30 day course at Benning means no lock down and permanent party can go home at night. That course was a vacation for me since I was on a recruiting stint. no written exams, PT was a joke, land nav was elementary and the course self correcting, etc.
Trust me I am regretting this brainiac maneuver that I came up with. IF I had stayed at Benning guess who would have been home to go to BWW for the BDAY party? (God I am so pissed I didn't stay now that you mention it)
Originally Posted by CRIDDA
sorry to hear about this, good luck getting everything taken care of. If you are going to go after his ins(i suggest you do), you need to file a police report that he stole your veh(explain that he never had permission to use your veh. and used it without your concent) and press charges against him. Also let your insurance know that he did not have permission to use your veh and that you want them to go after his ins for all damages. If you have any other questions, drop me a PM and I will speak with our claims department and see what advise they might have.

-Chris
Thank you much. I will be in touch with USAA tomorrow and will let you know if I have any questions after that call! I don't know about the stolen car thing either as you can see the story sounds a little off. Although I was told this IS what happened you can see from the skepticism here how others are perceiving it differently. However that was my thought as well because then I have a basis for a civil suit.
Originally Posted by sir captian
I'm sorry about your car man but I'm willing to bet that dude was driving the car the whole night.Act like everything is cool and just casually ask her if she let him drive the car to the bar if she breaks down and admits it then you know she cant be trusted....And trust me any dude that has the ***** to drive your car like that wouldnt hesitate to hit on your girl.
I know for a fact Ashley wouldn't let him drive it around "all night". As for the dude driving car like an asshat comment, you are probably right although he IS married.
Originally Posted by 350ZthatsMe
sorry for your loss... he didn't have permission to drive so he shouldn't have...
You are quite correct. Not to mention the fact I would be just pissed if he merely took it without asking let alone DRUNK and driving like a complete moron.

Thank you all for your input it is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:34 PM
zettahertz

damn sorry for your loss. that majorly sux!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you much. I will be in touch with USAA tomorrow and will let you know if I have any questions after that call! I don't know about the stolen car thing either as you can see the story sounds a little off. Although I was told this IS what happened you can see from the skepticism here how others are perceiving it differently. However that was my thought as well because then I have a basis for a civil suit
If you the owner of the car did not give him permission to use your car, he took it without your consent(which is stealing, as long as your girl is willing to not lie(she already told you, she did not tell him he could drive), she can also inform the police and ins that he did not have consent to drive the car). You as the owner of the car have the right to press charges against him for using your car without your consent.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I say loose the car and the girl seriously. They both can be replaced and it obvious that some things aren't right in ur abscence. Start off with a new clean slate when u return! Good Luck!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by CancerJCCz

Yes I know. Explanation: She drives a Chevy Cobalt and I HAD the nice car. Of course she wants to take it out and show off a bit with our friends. I love her and allow her to do this.
So let me get this straight. She has a Cobalt of her own (which is fairly crappy in the grand scheme of things), yet on a night where she was going to a bar with some friends, she decided that the best line of logic was to take your Z and "show it off"............and you are okay with this? Let me guess, she told you that she wasn't going to drink either.

Sorry bro, accidents happen and all, but you brought this on yourself. I hope it all works out in the end, but if you get the Z fixed and let her ever drive it again, you're a fool. Post some pics of her so we can see how amazingly hot she is for you to be so cool about this.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Enron Exec

Cars are easier to fix then relationships. You sound like a nice guy, and your girl just needs to learn to think a bit more i suppose. Hopefully shes learned to be more responsible form this experience. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

B-l-o-w-e-r
Old 08-04-2009, 11:49 AM
xzotklr

Originally Posted by Swimminggerman
Wow total loss. Sorry to hear/see this.

Learn your lesson guys. dont let ladies drive your lady. I sold my 4runner 2 days prior to going on holiday for a month, tried to move my Z a few hours prior to take off, to a friends house for safe keeping (very trustworthy individual) didnt have enough time. Left the Z at home and told GF that Ill call him to come pick it up. Im super **** with my possesions that they are respected and taken care of, I trust this guy. Anyways she says, how about you just leave it at home and itll be ok. Horrible gut feeling uhhhh no no no no. But ok i thought heres your test sweetie. Get a call in germany "I sold my car and want to know if I can use yours for 2 days max until i pick up my new one so I dont have to get a rental.(I sold my 4 runner Shoot) Gut feeling again uhhhhhh no no no but I said ok 2 days ill help her out. Come back home month later, car looks ok she says that a part of the roof (hawaii roofs are thin metal or plastic, not solid like mainland with shingles) anyways roof fell on it and scuffed the paint a bit. They had it buffed (idiot who did that burnt through the paint on a corner. But whatever. I look at my exhaust, Oh ****, one tip (Titanium) was bent/crumpled half in. She claimed she never knew. Now in her defense she promissed she was super careful and I beleive her because she knows how **** i can be with my car, however mistakes happen and you just need to know who to trust and who not to depending on what your ok with happening to you vehicle. Id say trust enthusiast friends not random people.
No way!!!! Who's going drive the car harder than an "enthusiast friend"!!!!!???

Quick Reply: Destoyed Z...with a horrible twist.