Old 05-14-2004, 07:08 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(whispering voice) SEVEN DAYS!!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:00 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IMPORTANT INFO

Be sure to sign the ZDayZ sign in sheet when you check in to your room. If you are not staying overnight at Fontana Village, but will be participating in the car show, find me (Andy Morris) or Morris Morgan the day of the show.

In addition to certain prize drawings, we'll be using the sign up sheets to determine our long distance award winner for the car show!

oh... and was mentioned above... 7 DAYS TO GO!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 11:37 AM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so aside from booking the cabin, there is no additional pre-registration required?
Old 05-14-2004, 02:02 PM
mcduck

2003z...

If you are staying overnight, you will need a room or cabin.

If you want to enter the car show, that is $20 on site or $15 in advance, but the preregistration deadline is Wednesday.

That's it... oh, and you will have to feed yourself, too.

No other expenses.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:12 PM
2003z

thanks, I have a cabin, can I paypal the reg fee? if so, to where?
Old 05-14-2004, 07:25 PM
mcduck

Yes, you can PayPal the pre-registration fee of $15 to the same address used to email me questions about the event...

mcduck@earthlink.net

You also need to fill out a registration form. If you send me an email, I can send it back to you as a Word attachment to fill out and submit.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:54 PM
BoostinZX

4 days left.... woooo hoo... I cant wait to see how many Z's are gonna be there Hopefully the East TN Z32 Club will have at least 6-10 members there on saturday at least... I will be there fri, sat, and sunday most likely... I should have got a cabin now that I think about it but I will save that for next year... C-ya there!

-Ian
Old 05-17-2004, 04:41 AM
Big Sexz

Talking

I'm starting to giggle at everything in anticipation of this weekend. Getting my face ready for the permanent that will be there starting Thursday afternoon when I leave work to slay the Dragon. Wow the time is draggggggggging. Tick……….tock……….tick………….tock…………………………………tick…………………………….to ck…………………………………………………..tick……… Well, you get the picture. I hope to see everyone there.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:47 AM
mcduck

I should have got a cabin now that I think about it but I will save that for next year
You can still get one! If you are only coming in for one day, the price should look pretty good. The cabins run from around $70-$120 / night and remember, as a ZDayZ attendee, you get a 20% discount off the normal rate. Grab a friend or two and split that cost! Believe me, you'll have a lot more fun staying on site. You can see all the room/cabin rates here

I'm starting to giggle at everything in anticipation of this weekend. Getting my face ready for the permanent that will be there starting Thursday afternoon when I leave work to slay the Dragon. Wow the time is draggggggggging.
Well, you don't have much longer to wait. And if you plan to enjoy the Dragon, we may have another activity on Sunday morning you'll enjoy. Kind of waiting to see what the weather outlook is like. Look for an announcement here tomorrow or Wednesday.

See you guys and gals in 4 days!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:44 PM
ajk4

hea mcduck, what are the different catagories (sp?) for the car show? just want to know if i have a chance or not.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:46 PM
mcduck

There are 10 categories. We will award 1st and 2nd prize in stock and modified classes for each generation of Z car.

And you most certainly have a chance. This is a people's choice show meaning each entrant will vote for his or her favorite in each category. Cars receiving the most votes win.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:51 AM
mcduck

Well, as much as I loath to report it, the weather forecast is not the best for this weekend. It appears there will be a chance for isolated thunderstorms around Fontana Dam all weekend. Most likely, this means afternoon storms if anything. Mornings should still be pretty good for driving. The rest, we'll just have to hope for the best. Unfortunately, weather is the one thing I cannot control in any way for the event.

I hope this doesn't dampen (sorry for the pun) anyone's decision to attend. There will still be a lot going on, rain or shine, and should be fun regardless!

3 days to go!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 04:39 PM
2003z

the weather shouldn't stop us. I'm sure any afternoon showers will be brief and hit-or-miss.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:09 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by 2003z
the weather shouldn't stop us. I'm sure any afternoon showers will be brief and hit-or-miss.
Yeah, "chance of afternoon thunderstorms" is pretty common in the summertime around here!

Has anyone thought about going to Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest? I will probably take an afternoon side-trip there. It's very near, the other side of Robbinsville from us, The road to it is twisty, in good shape, and lightly travelled, and it's one of my favorite places in the world.

It's the only never-logged valley left in the Eastern US. HUGE trees, babbling brooks, Rhododendron, etc. There's a nice 2-mile figure-8 trail that takes you to all the best spots.

Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest

Last edited by bhobson333; 05-18-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:46 PM
n2az

It's always "chance of scattered showers" in that part of the mountains this time of the year. NO FEAR! I'll be there.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:44 AM
mcduck

Default GROUP EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Brian,

That sounds cool and I'm happy to see we already have more choices than Morris and I put into the info packet. This weekend will be great!

Everyone...
We've added another event to the agenda. This is kind of dependent on the weather Sunday. As you know, we have only suggested drive routes on the agenda... no organized group drive. Those organizing this event (me and others) figured attendees would just gravitate into groups and hit the road when they were ready.

Well... for those not in too big of a hurry to get home on Sunday, I will be organizing a group drive to begin following breakfast. This will be the last harrah of the weekend. The drive will start at Fontana Village around 9:30am and end in Gatlinburg, TN where we will eat lunch. I'm trying to contact a good restaurant now to see about setting up a special area for us when we arrive.

The way I figure it, the drive should be just over 2 hrs if we head east, then up 441 through the Smokey Mountains National Park... or just under 3 hours if we drive up the Dragon, then go through Tennessee to get to Gatlinburg... I know which way I'd prefer!

No need to decide now... we'll try to get a head count on Saturday following the car show awards ceremony or maybe Sunday morning. Just wanted you to be aware in case you want to plan to get home just a little bit later on Sunday!
Old 05-19-2004, 10:36 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a wonderful idea....
That would be cool going through the Dragon and heading home.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:37 AM
bhobson333

Originally posted by BlueDragonZ
That would be cool going through the Dragon and heading home.
Actually, you should keep an open mind.... By that time you probably will have driven the Dragon a few times. 441 between Cherokee & Gatlinburg is a FUN road with Excellent views!
Old 05-19-2004, 11:59 AM
mcduck

Good point, Brian! Personally, I don't care either way 'cause if I drive around the Dragon way to get to Gatlinburg, I still get to drive 441 to come home!

Quick Reply: ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread