Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Re: really bad online experience for my 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM
MOSTER R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: really bad online experience for my 350Z

Hi everyone, I am here to share and give you guys a head up warning with this place that I shopped with over in the States, This happened a little over half a year ago, and basically I was just given an answer lately in regards to this issue, its one of the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I am writing this up here so that others will not suffer the same fate I did while buying parts online.

I saw this company on the internet "GTM MOTORSPORTS", firstly I saw their product online and thought they were pretty good, so I got in contact with them. Knowing that it would require a bit of work done to the engine, cos I wanted to turbo charge my engine, so I went to Top Racing Hong Kong to have them follow up my order. I ordered ceremic coat, turbo cams, valve springs and retainer kit and the stage 3 fuel system setup. Prior to my order, they were promising how everything will work fine and go smooth before I ordered the parts, but after I told Top Racing to makethe transfer they have almost disappeared from the face of the planet, it took them months to send the parts out.

So finally the parts arrived and I was starting to get excited about the whole thing and asked the Top Racing boys to start tearing my engine down. And after all that hard work we then realise the a problem already, the valve springs and the retainers doesn't match each other. the retainer were smaller than the valve springs, and the valve springs were actually like half a inch taller than standard. So I emailed them and ask them if they have send me the wrong parts. But they never got back to me until at least a month later without a proper answer, and came up with excuses like no one can make a decision there until the chief enginner comes back, or the boss is not in, so no one can do anything about it, and all these ******** excuses. So the delay went on for months. I was emailing them like once a week to once everyday, and no one got back to me, it already occurs to me that this company does not want to deal with ANY after sales service. (At first Top Racing were contacting them until later on I have decided to get in touch with GTM, so I want to make sure whos fault it is for taking so long). So I gave up and requested Top Racing to order some Tomei Valve springs for me instead, cos I really want to get my car up and running ASAP.

Then the next nightmare came when we got to the installation of the cams, their cams will rattle in the journals even when they were tighten down to their specific torque specs. So I took the liberty of measuring the diameter of the cams and they were clearly slightly smaller than stock. Again I tried to start a communication with the seller and they ignore me, until I called them. So one of their employee picked up, I told them the situation, and the problem I was facing, but there was nothing he could do about it because his boss was away, and he can't make a decision, so I have to wait another week until his boss gets back. So I asked him what happens when someone buys their product and it won't fit right, so they told me they will figure out a way if I send them my car. O_o....... I got curious and asked what the owner is like... (that particular person I was speaking on the phone has only been working there for a little over a month). He said and I quote " You will have to be very firm to him to get this whole situation sorted out." I can't image how many our poor souls out there who has suffered the same as I did before.

So eventually I got a hold of the owner of that joint, and he was trying to avoid the problem, saying things like "welcome to the world of modify world..... sometimes you will just have to make them fit, etc" It seems to me that he would never believe that the products he sell might have a problem at all. To be honest he was being pretty rude about the whole situation, I can relate to the whole thing when someone is being deffensive and so on, but the language he used was really not some ordinary owner of a business would use, using the F word is just totally unacceptable. Honestly I was spending money with them, and not just a couple of hundred bucks, but thousands of dollars worth of engine components, I was pretty disappointed with them and we were spending so much time telling each other to get **** on the phone it wasn't funny.

So that phone conversation went nowhere as you can imaging we were both pretty pissed off at the whole situation. So on the next night, I have insisted to have this matter look at with attention or else I will tell the world about it, and firstly he did agree to refund the money for the valve springs as they are definitely wrong. And he agreed that the information given on their website was misleading. (GTM did agree they would refund my money on the valve springs) The cams were definitely smaller in diameter, and they tried to blame it on my engine's cylinder head. Then I took photos and video of the cams installed, and it shows the rattling and emailed him, again, he ignored me. So I called him again and their answer was they believe its my engine's problem.

So I have requested to have these parts send back to him to have them inspected, which I have to pay for the shipping charge, both ways. So I packed the cams and valve springs nicely and send them back to them hoping they will see how they could resolve my situation. So for a second I was given a hope that MAYBE they will look into this matter seriously and maybe they would refund my cash or give me a set of cams that actually is fine???

It took them weeks before they could get back to me and decided that its not their problem at all, and within that period of time, I tried to call them again while I was waiting and the owner of that company was being rude again, saying stuff like "if you can't wait, I am just as happy sending these cams back to you". So eventually they claim they have made their cams within the tolerance of the factory standard and therefore refuse to refund my money along together with the valve springs, and I have to wait for another month for them to send these items back. At this stage, I just don't see the point in dealing with them anymore as I know that they are not willing to help nor will they refund. So again, I got the Top Racing boys to order a set of Tomei cams for me instead of waiting for them to send the cams back. And when they fitted the Tomei cams, ( I was there wathcing it) they could fit PERFECTLY without one slight bit of problem. It won't rattle and its just meant to be there.

The fuel system is also a disaster, I was watching the fuel pressure drop while the car was tuning on the dyno. The fuel pump is only slightly bigger than the stock standard one in the tank. And I just can't be bother to have these send back cos I just can't see them helping me out at all.

At the end Top Racing sorted out everything for me, I really appreciate the work they did, all the late nights and endless phone call to get my parts right. Otherwise I could imagine that my car would still be stuck until now.

So once again, I will like to thank Top Racing for the work they did. It's during times like this then you will see the professionalism of a tuner.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM
OCMan

r u in hk?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 PM
quiksilver38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is why they're sites like www.resellerratings.com and www.google.com search "is (insert site name) a scam)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 PM
hellsoldiers08

Wow im sorry to hear about your problems. I think you acted calmer than i would of after all that time. Im guessing your location in china? Why wouldnt you go to someone closer than the states? ex. japan which would i think have better parts???(correct me if im wrong)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
TheFarmer

That sucks man
Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
SoldzMyZ

I read half of it lol but I agree after the first issue I would have just given up and demanded my money and or filed a claim claim with my credit card company.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

read it all. super lame. ill stay neutral as a vendor, but yeah that sucks
Old 03-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like he's bitching about GTM Motorsports and how they supposedly gave him the reach around.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If your not going to ****in read it, then dont comment.

Sucks about what happened. Hopefully it'll get cleared up here since they're a sponsor.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Glex25

This is not the first or the last we will be hearing things like that coming out of that shop.
I would definitely get my CC involved as you have gone out of your way to reach a resolution.

When I hear things like this about GTM and others saying they get incomplete parts when ordering their turbo kits makes me glad I did not sell my TT kit to get the GTM TT kit.

I'm happy for you though that you have such a good shop that will make you hole after getting the reach around.

My .02
Old 03-09-2010, 07:24 AM
NyCSnEaK

Is this the same GTM that is over on the HR threads, talking about a new supercharger for us? If so, wow!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 AM
TheFarmer

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
Is this the same GTM that is over on the HR threads, talking about a new supercharger for us? If so, wow!
Hopefully they'll chime in. There's always two sides to a story, however, the customer service the OP received was terrible if that's what really happened.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 AM
nismonian

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
I think so, makes you think twice now if you should order there products, I sure as hell dont want that supercharger now
Old 03-09-2010, 07:40 AM
gregtotheb

horrible. sorry to hear about what you had to go through. and thanks for the warning.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 AM
iceman21_23

i'll wait and see both sides of the story before passing judgment.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Beast101

Default wow

talk about horrible customer service. I agree with an earlier post, you handled that calmer than I would. Id be blowin up their phone for no reason and posting in every forum every created about this service. thats ridicilous especially when your spending that kind of money
Old 03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
tylerxfire

this thread will be closed like the others before anyone knows about it
Old 03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
this thread will be closed like the others before anyone knows about it
I have to agree with you on this one just like AAM's are closed.....or vanish into thin air.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
kno

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

read the first paragraph then scrolled down n said fok that shet...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:28 PM
SnyzzleZ

Originally Posted by kno
read the first paragraph then scrolled down n said fok that shet...
long story short.. stay away from GTM

sorry to hear man.. there must be something you can do.. did you pay through paypal? i know its been months but maybe u can still file a claim stating the parts were incorrect and refused to fix them or refund you.. its worth a try. i definately would do everything i could to get that company to pay for it.. thats really unbelievable. i would have lost it after about the 2nd week

Quick Reply: Re: really bad online experience for my 350Z