Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi VO....
Old 03-26-2010, 01:48 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Please don't make me read through 141 posts. All he said, she said aside, have we come to an understanding as to what is going to transpire? Buyer, if you indeed are expecting a refund, have you shipped the goods back? Vendor, have we confirmed all this with the 3rd party? I only skimmed through the 1st page and last page, so please excuse my lack of knowledge with all the minor details...
Old 03-26-2010, 01:49 PM
DB350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO, OP is a wh1ny beetch. Sounds like strafes hands are tied, as it sounds like the policy is to contact the company which makes then bumper, to ask if they should refund, etc, per faulty product. OP comes in, without calling chargespeed, and seemingly still has not, and says nothing besides "You dont stand by your product blah blah." have you never been in a store? All stores around me that sell things such as computers, tv's etc, all have manufacture warranty now. If something goes bad, you have to contact them, usually they just send out a replacement, easy. If your Xbox gets RROD you have to call microsoft, not Best Buy or whatever.

Strafe, Kudos for putting up with the 42 year old boy.

OP is looking for people to make him feel better, and to bash a vendor.

IMO, call chargespeed, show proof, or GTFO
Old 03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better if you read VO, for a good moderators take on it...
Old 03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He paid for an authentic bumper, was unhappy with fitment. blasted me on forum before contacting chargespeed. 141 posts ensue.

He even says George of ChargeSpeed said to issue refund, I call him he says he never said that.

I have tried to resolve situation, but after his threatening phone calls and lawsuit threats, and half-truths I am trying to find the best way possible to resolve.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP is an idiot to be honest. That gap isn't even terrible. The bolts will draw it up tight, the headlights and fenders can be adjusted and moved. To be honest, all I see is a whiner that wants a refund because he doesn't want to spend much money. Well buddy, welcome to the world of AFTERMARKET PARTS.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Hi VO....
Hi Jay.
Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Better if you read VO, for a good moderators take on it...
I just need the cliff notes, hopefully.

Without reading everything in the thread, this is my philoshopy on the whole thing. Whomever the consumer buys the product from should be the only contact he should have to contact. As a business, whether the products come directly from your site or are dropped shipped from the maker, the business(seller) still has responsibility in overseeing the entire transaction. This includes money and product disputes. I will give you a prime personal example. I ordered a Stoptech BBK from a forum vendor. I paid them, but the BBK is still dropped shipped from Stoptech. The product arrived and was not what I had ordered. I called the vendor. It was his responsibility to contact Stoptech and work out the order discrepency. The vendor had a Stoptech rep contact me and we worked out the details of retuning the BBK in exchange for the correct one. The entire time, the vendor stayed in the loop via phone or email. This was properly handled. I'm not saying the vendor, in this case, has not handled this situation accordingly. I'm just saying, this is how it should be handled. Again, I have not read all 141 posts to gather all minor details.

That's neither here or there. Let's get a resolution here. Consumer does like his bumper. Vendor, get with the manufacturer and arrange for the customer to send it back to them. Vendor, refund his money and be done with it. Customer, you will not recieve refund on shipping charges either direction. This you will eat unfortunately. It's part of the internet shopping beast.

These are not orders to either party, but merely a suggestion on how I would handle it. I can not tell either party how to conduct business...

VO
Old 03-26-2010, 02:07 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm going to close this thread so both INTERESTED parties can cool off. It's obvious that neither is getting any help from the sidelines so to continue this "debate" in this fashion is pointless.

Consider Val's suggestion above. If not, work it out in private this weekend. PM one of us when you have a resolution that both accept.

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 03-26-2010 at 02:09 PM.