Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Buyer Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lemansz20
Sorry, but being a business owner myself I have to agree with the company. They have kept open communication, ALLLLLLLLLLLL they asked which everyone seems to be forgetting and ESPECIALLY YOU SV1098, is you need to contact chargespeed. What is seriously wrong with you, contact the manufacturer so they can approve the vendor to send out a new product.

I dont know what thread the people that are agreeing with SV are reading, but its obvioulsy not this one. The vendor said to call chargespeed and express the concern and what should be done next. All this SV guy has done is complain and say hes a hard worker, blah blah blah, CALL CHARGESPEED!!!!! I think you should be banned until you provide proof that you have spoken with chargespeed, bc its people like you that try to seem like you are powerless, when the vendor has simply asked you to call the manufacturer.

I will not tell you goodluck, b/c I do not share any sentiment for someone to lazy to call the manufacturer before trying to give a bad name to a company.

I think that in situations as this one, people are wondering "what value does the seller" add to the transaction? I mean, if I buy something from you and there's a problem I think that I would resolve it with you, not a third party.

I think the seller should be chasing the resolution to this problem. Having your customer go directly to the manufacturer seems like "handing-off" the problem, even though this may not be the intent. Personally, I think I would be more comfortable with the seller collecting all the relevant info, and dealing with the manufacturer themselves; they have the business relationship.

Also, it has been stated many times that this product is authentic, and that there has never been any issues. This is probably 100% correct, but it does nothing for the first person to encounter a problem.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We at Strafe have kept all communication open with Sean Vincent the OP since his purchase and up till now. Everytime he has called, we have answered. Everytime he has emailed, we have responded promptly. We have done everything we can in our power to assist him in this manner.

Before the OP or Strafe even had a chance to contact ChargeSpeed today, this thread was made. This was a premature attack on our business and the OP not following through with his word. We contacted George and the OP did as well, both ChargeSpeed and Strafe are doing everything in their power to resolve this issue efficiently and promptly.

The fact that the OP has prematurely blasted us on a forum without even taking the measures he said he would do, makes us question this transaction ourselves.

Last edited by Sales@Strafe; 03-25-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:41 AM
myork

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont see how Strafe is in anyway wrong here. They called Chargespeed, alerted them of the issue, and was instructed to have the customer call them directly.
If you dont call you wont get it resolved.

I personally think you need to go to a different bodyshop - if they cant massage it to fit (which ALL fiberglass bodykits need in one way or another), then they really arent that good of a body shop. You can learn how to fit fiberglass in a high school shop class.

Sorry SV, but I think this is kind of all on you - contact Chargespeed and/or find a new bodyshop. If you need a place, they are pretty expensive but they do top notch work - ATX Motorsports in Bergenfield NJ.

But if Chargespeed agrees with you Strafe has already stated they will take your bumper back.

Either way good luck!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
SV1098

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chargespeed does not agree with Strafe! I'm not goin=g to beat a dead horse here! Strafe is usless! You purchase something from them, and you want to return it--GOOD LUCK! I have never bought genuine body parts and had any fitment issues ever!
I'm done with Strafe! They will never help at all. If everyone has learned that there custom service is herendous, than Im satisfied!
Strafe should read something called the buyers protection act.
You sell it--you are responsible for it! This is acompany that doesnt have a commercial address. You take peoples money call the manufacturer and have drop shipment from them! George at Chargespeed would like to know why this bumper was mailed fro VIS?
Robert--defend yourself all you want. Everything I stated is FACT! Do you have a refund policy, exchanges? Here is a guy who sends his terms to me 4 weeks after a purchase!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

whoa there, the bumper was mailed from VIS?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

my bumper was dropshipped from Vis since ummm they are the manufacture
Old 03-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Jesus Christ the OP is a whiner.

Nothing is perfect fitment unless it's directly from Nissan. Your issue is so minor that any bodyshop could fix it.

Kudos to Strafe for putting up with this cry baby.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
SV1098

Originally Posted by Entaille
whoa there, the bumper was mailed from VIS?
Yes--Strafe (Robert) brought the bumper to VIS to be shipped 2 days after I paid him. Strange why it took 2 weeks from then to have it shipped out?
Dealing with Chargespeed seems to be going a lot smother than dealing with Strafe!
Word of advice: stick by what you sell or for sure you wont be in business much longer.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
SV1098

Originally Posted by waizzz
Jesus Christ the OP is a whiner.

Nothing is perfect fitment unless it's directly from Nissan. Your issue is so minor that any bodyshop could fix it.

Kudos to Strafe for putting up with this cry baby.
Please post something useful! If you chime in--know what your talking about!! The fitment is so dam poor on this--the whole left side wont match up! But thanks for lettig us know that nothing fits perfect! I guess gaps the size of my hand are normal! Maybe I should just remove my lights and than i can use this!
I'll deal with Chargespeed. They seem to have a much different view than the person I bought this from.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

The pictures you show demonstrate gaps of about a centimeter - that is not exactly the size of your hand. If the fitment is poor, ChargeSpeed should honor their warranty. There are many online outlets that specify that warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not the retailer. If Strafe is at fault, it's only in that they did not disclose that the item was backed by ChargeSpeed's warranty, not theirs. And no one guarantees fitment (unfortunately).
Old 03-25-2010, 01:52 PM
zman1982

Maybe 1% of all fiberglass kits actually fit right out of the box. These kits are molded off of stock dyes and when the dye becomes worn down after many copies and or original copies they dont line up as well. Anyone that has ever had any fiberglass body piece knows this. And body parts do fall in a grey area when it comes to vendors who are authorized to sell the higher ewnd body components. Unless the pieces are obviously damaged they do tell you to contact the manufacturer. Good luck to both parties involved.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:56 PM
calin
Banned

I didn't read the whole thread, but I think that OP should have at least called Chargespeed before making this thread.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

OP is prob ****ed...... I wont be ordering a bumper from Strafe.....
Old 03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
colin8868

even if the gap is very small some people are very particular about things and want them to be 100% perfect like the stock bumper if hes noT happy with the fitment and has pictures showing its not 100% perfect fitment he should be able to get his money back no problem. If my bumper didn't fit perfect I would be a little pissed that I paid 1g for a bumper that doesnt fit properly also.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM
procustomize

Just to be fair and get everyone back on track, what is all the negativity about?

lets break this down:

1. OP is mad the bumper doesn't fit the way he'd liked to.
2. OP called Strafe and asked for resolution.
3. Strafe called Chargespeed and were asked to have the OP call them and resolve this
4. Strafe deliever the message to OP
5. OP starts a thread and begin his complain towards Strafe and how he is being mistreated with bad customer service.
6. We are now stuck in a war of just negativity and not getting to the real problem.

From what I am seeing... OP has lost track of what the problem is about. If OP wants to get the bumper fixed, pick up the phone and call Chargespeed. Through that, you'll get somewhere by providing evidence/proof and claim your warranty. Problem solved?

You could have had your bumper all installed and painted by now if you had invested your time in your "real issue" instead of trying to get something out of flaming Strafe.

Listen, if you know manufacturing, you know there will be defects (its just life). In fact, 1-3% defect is considered an average rate from any manufacturing industry, including the once that manufacutre engines for Ferrari or Lambo. Thus if you feel like your piece of item is a "defect" as you claim, file a the claim to the people who manufacutred it. After all, what is the difference for you to keep complaining towards Strafe? If you use the same energy towards getting the problem solved by contacting Chargespeed, I'm sure this thread would have already been turned into a show off thread for you to post your new front bumper.

To me, what OP is doing is doubtful. I'm not claming anything here but it sounds to me like the OP is trying something. Why else would the OP being so resistent in calling Chargespeed? If it was anyone else on here who is in the OP's shoes, wouldn't you give Chargespeed a call asap and get this damn bumper to fit? That's what I'll do, and I wouldn't care who I call, I just want to get my damn bumper installed.

What is your intension really OP? Fix the problem? or simply get some attention? Either way, I stand by Strafe in this case. I think if for some reason the OP refuses to call the right guy (Chargespeed), there shouldn't be a blame on Strafe since they've already did everything that they could to get this resolved.

One thing Strafe can do further however, is give Chargespeed OP's contact and have them contact OP instead. Its always a two way street, I don't see why you guys haven't done that either. Just my 2 cents
Old 03-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SV1098
Yes--Strafe (Robert) brought the bumper to VIS to be shipped 2 days after I paid him. Strange why it took 2 weeks from then to have it shipped out?
Dealing with Chargespeed seems to be going a lot smother than dealing with Strafe!
Word of advice: stick by what you sell or for sure you wont be in business much longer.
Yes I shipped out through VIS because I receive a better deal on freight shipping which I passed onto you, the customer.

Im sorry for doing so.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by calin
I didn't read the whole thread, but I think that OP should have at least called Chargespeed before making this thread.
That is what the OP said he was going to do, and in fact did not keep to his word.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SV1098
Please post something useful! If you chime in--know what your talking about!! The fitment is so dam poor on this--the whole left side wont match up! But thanks for lettig us know that nothing fits perfect! I guess gaps the size of my hand are normal! Maybe I should just remove my lights and than i can use this!
I'll deal with Chargespeed. They seem to have a much different view than the person I bought this from.
What view do they have that is different?

Please explain, I have done nothing but try to help you with this issue.

You consistently do nothing but flame and bash, please stay on topic with the situation at hand so I can help you get it fixed and the bumper properly fitted to your car.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
colin8868

To be honest I dont think the OP should have to call chargespeed, He bought the bumper from you guys, He should do all his communicating through you guys and you guys should be dealing with chargespeed if your going to sell there products and then as soon as a complaint comes in about the product you divert the problem back to chargespeed and say call them it's not our problem we just sell the product. You sold a faulty bumper, the proper process would of been to say yeah ok i understand your not happy with the bumper we will give you a refund and then the OP sends the bumper back and then you deal directly with chargespeed in getting your money back or a new bumper.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:37 PM
SV1098

Robert,
You sold a product that is in most cases garbage. As of right now Chargespeed is checking the numbers on the bumper that you sold me. From there they will resolve the matter.
On to you: Sold a product that in most cases is trash. You received about 15 photos of this bumper from me that were taken by the shop. No amount of modification will have this sitting right on the car.
When I contacted you to let you know, your response was that you would contact Chargespeed. From there you did nothing but pass on a phone number. Are you actually runing a business or just post on the forums that you are an actual business. This bumper could have been purchased from Vivid for less than what you charged me for it. The real kicker: they stand by what they sell. You on the other hand are looking to pass the buck off to chargespeed.
In the end: you lose a customer, and put doubt in the minds of others on this forum. To think twice before they buy anything from you.
Flame the thread now. I wont bother reading it any longer..

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware!