Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Buyer Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
JEKL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firedawg63nla
Ludicris how we see bad customer service. We advertised a Product, sold a Product,bought the Product and delievered it to the customer.
Then a lot of people must be ludacris...

Originally Posted by huyrua
^^^Note to self. STAY AWAY FROM STRAFE. THEY WILL NOT HONOR WHAT THEY SELL.
Originally Posted by Shizzmaster2k
After reading the posts in this thread, it's official to say that Strafe offer's bad customer service.
Originally Posted by whoisthis
maan... i HATE it when i buy a defected product and try to get it refunded; but the seller tells me to call the manufacturer instead of the seller dealing with the problem and tell me the FINAL ANSWER.
Originally Posted by ekelly36
Well I know who not to buy anything from. If you sell a product it doesnt matter who made it, you are still responsible. When you sell a product to someone they should know everything before purchasing it not a month later. I have bought several body kits (fiberglass) and NEVER had any fitment issues. OP you got screwed, I would get a lawyer... most times all it takes is a letter from a lawyer to these places. It puts them in the position of either paying thousands if not tens of thousands for a legal dispute or a couple hundred to replace the defective product. It may cost you a little for a lawyer to write the letter but right now its the principle of the matter.
Originally Posted by Jay'Z
OP is prob ****ed...... I wont be ordering a bumper from Strafe.....
Originally Posted by JEKL
Now I know two things about Strafe:
  • Strafe steals images from other vendors without their permission and tries to pass them off as their own
  • Strafe doesn't stand behind the products they sell

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
id have to say i do agree with the buyer in a sense...and that this is very weak vendor support and i will not purchase from strafe seeing the customer support.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks bro, I hope everything works out for you. As for potential buyers, it's good to buy from the manufacturer so that things like this don't happen!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
SV1098

Well I just spoke with George at Chargespeed, again.. He has spoke with Strafe and asked them to send me my money back.
I will wait to hear from Strafe regarding this matter.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
F34RL355
Banned

Wow unbeleivable i definetly wont order anything from Strafe if they cant stand by the product.... why should OP have to chase down Chargespeed he didnt buy it from them he bought it from strafe.. id expect a full refund 100% authentic should fit, strafe should give you a refund and strafe should deal with thier supplier... some shipping charges incured oh no at least you wouldnt have a unhappy customer, thanks for the heads up OP, strafe stand behind what u sell instead of passing the blame on someone else...
Old 03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
SV1098

I am waiting for a response from Strafe now. Chargespeed has asked them to refund the full amount to me.
Hopefully they will resolve this in a timely fashion

Last edited by SV1098; 03-26-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
seekanddestroy

I am of the opinion that as a new company you should be eager and prepared to endure a few bumps and bruises on your way to establishing a good reputation regarding customer service, especially when selling on a forum. Chargespeed has been around for long enough to be well established Strafe has not. Bite the bullet and show Chargespeed that as a vendor you expect ANY issues to be dealt with in whatever manner is right for your customer. Get the "defective" piece back in your hands so that you can first hand establish whether the customer is right. I bet OP would have even paid shipping to get it to you or even better split shipping. If you saw this piece in person and it did in fact fit like he claims would you still not step up to the plate? If this was the case are you that unsure that Chargespeed would refuse to refund your company? If that is the case why would you even sell their product?

I'm willing to bet that if Strafe bites the bullet even without a Chargespeed RA Strafe could work something out with Chargespeed, I mean we are talking about a manufacturer/dealer relationship here between business partners a resolution should be easy. Or at the very least a lot easier than what you are expecting the OP to do. Factor in the not so good rep Strafe already has and the concern for them being affiliated with AI and I think that a couple hundred dollars is a bargain to get some good press. Instead, they will lose much more than that as now we all definitely know what Strafe will not do. Who is in the wrong is irrelevant to me what is relevant is how far a vendor is willing to go, and there are plenty of vendors who have gone above and beyond what the OP is asking here, thus in my opinion establishing that Strafe has sub-par customer service.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Refunded?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 PM
BladeZ34

I can understand that the OP may have come out with this issue prematurely but this could have been an easy fix for Strafe. Give him is money back, he'd report on here that you guys did the stand up thing and you'd have a gold star in customer service. Instead Strafe comes in here and blasts the OP and waves its disclaimer in our face. So what Strafe has done is show the general public, hey we warned you and we won't help you further. I'm not saying the OP was in the right, but you could have avoided your business getting blasted there are #128 posts thus far, clearly that's more negative press than you would want.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SV1098
I am waiting for a response from Strafe now. Chargespeed has asked them to refund the full amount to me.
Hopefully they will resolve this in a timely fashion

Funny I just spoke to them, and they said no such thing.

I even forwarded the emails per request of George of ChargeSpeed.

Care to explain?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BladeZ34
I can understand that the OP may have come out with this issue prematurely but this could have been an easy fix for Strafe. Give him is money back, he'd report on here that you guys did the stand up thing and you'd have a gold star in customer service. Instead Strafe comes in here and blasts the OP and waves its disclaimer in our face. So what Strafe has done is show the general public, hey we warned you and we won't help you further. I'm not saying the OP was in the right, but you could have avoided your business getting blasted there are #128 posts thus far, clearly that's more negative press than you would want.
When have I blasted the OP?
I am defending my company name, he prematurely blasted us before even contacting ChargeSpeed as we requested.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JEKL
Then a lot of people must be ludacris...
You are on Roberts jock because he used your picture Get over it he apologized. You have no dealings with us besides that and you continue to rant...
Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM
SV1098

Robert--get your facts straight! You are in for some real bad news!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 PM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Well I just spoke with George at Chargespeed, again.. He has spoke with Strafe and asked them to send me my money back.
I will wait to hear from Strafe regarding this matter.
If that was true he would tell you to send your bumper back to chargespeed and then get a refund. Like I said we can go round and round with your half truths. George at Chargespeed suggested we give you $100 back for your bodyshop to make it right for you. We will wait until we speak with Chargespeed.

As for the person thinking we are Auto Infantry ARE You An Idiot? Check the address and confirm with Internet Brands as we have to pay for this site and pay good money.

Op as far as this thread goes and your actions and continous actions and not being upfront what Chargespeed has said we will take this to the mods and internet brands. Like we said time and time again you show us a chargespeed email stating refund and you shall have a refund . After we verify it to be correct. That is our answer....
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Very professional on the phone.
You call me to simply yell at me and threaten me.

kudos man.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
SV1098

Originally Posted by Robert@Strafe
When have I blasted the OP?
I am defending my company name, he prematurely blasted us before even contacting ChargeSpeed as we requested.
I see nothing premature in what has been said. You dont stand by what you sell.
Comapny? Run it like a company than! Stand by what you sell! Chargespeed has told you to refund the money to me! Strafes response: They never said that!
As far as the OP being a kid. I'm a 42 year old business men, who knows when he's being screwed over.
Do the right thing: Refund or replace the merchandise!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:12 PM
seekanddestroy

Factor in the not so good rep Strafe already has and the concern for them being affiliated with AI and I think that a couple hundred dollars is a bargain to get some good press.
As for the person thinking we are Auto Infantry ARE You An Idiot? Check the address and confirm with Internet Brands as we have to pay for this site and pay good money.
Out of everything I had to say in my post that you read THIS is what you choose to pick out?

Read the quotes in NO WAY did I accuse you of even being AI I just stated that there has been "concern". And as for calling me an idiot? That really hurts you a whole lot more than me. These people could care less whether I'm an idiot or not, I'm not the one selling them parts for their cars. I think you should be a little bit more careful how you represent yourself and your business.

Last edited by seekanddestroy; 03-26-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Comapny? Run it like a company than! Stand by what you sell! Chargespeed has told you to refund the money to me! Strafes response: They never said that!
As far as the OP being a kid. I'm a 42 year old business men, who knows when he's being screwed over.
You are a 42 year old business man that calls a company and screams over the phone non stop and threatens lawsuits and say that we arent handling ourselves well?

If I truly wanted to screw you over, I wouldn't have responded to you or taken as much time as I have to resolve this issue.

When you come at me in the threatening manner that you have done, it makes me wonder about your character.

Im here to try to get this resolved, can you please act a little more professional?

thank you.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

OP Have you tried a different shop?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Wow, true colors come to light here.............
Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

you said you would contact chargespeed before making this thread to confirm the fitment issue.

you did not stand by your word.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware!