2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2005 Z Coupe Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

1. Intake/Intake Manifold - They're all about the same, Im waiting for my Cosworth.

2. Wheels/Tires - What you can afford, BBS's are retarded expensive

3. Coil System - What you can afford.. I have Eibach Coilovers, they ride very nicely.

4. K&N Air Filter??!?!?!?! refer to #1

5 Borla/Good Exhaust????????? What you can afford... and something that doesnt make your ears bleed. I have a Fujistsubo catback.. I can almost garantee that you wont find a more quiet exhaust for it.. agian expensive as F.

Your budget is the midigating factor to what your going to be able to put on your car. Thats why people here get annoyed for such threads.. we dont know u or what your budget is. Broke to Baller and everything in between... there's different options and tastes that will solely be up to you. You might want to consider brakes too.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Xzero

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1. INTAKE

03-05s benefit most from the 06 airbox with the velocity stack in it, pictured here:

Couple that with the PowerLabs 3/8" spacer:
http://www.intensepower.com/pobi3plspvq.html

JWTs & CAIs are a joke on these cars until certain mods are involved.

Why change only your intake/plenum/exhaust? For the "mean sounds"?

2. WHEELS

Whatever floats your boat. I personally like the AXIS SHINES. I don't know why, I just do.

3. COILOVERS

RESEARCH!!!!!! You will find a million+1 ways to do your suspension & will probably change your mind a million+1 times.

What's your plan? Just a drop? Track? Why? Wanting to look "cool"?

4.K&N FILTER

I will NEVER use an oiled filter. Garbage. I use AMSOILs factory replacement nano fibre dry flow air filters in my 06 airbox.

5. EXHAUST

You seem to not understand what any of these mods do other than looks/sound/show. Get the one you think sounds mean & looks cool.

Have fun with your mean sounding/cool looking panda bear when you're done destroying what was once a 350z!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Tweakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh jeesums...

back on topic

i think stock suspension is pretty good on the Z, i was running RSR with a 2" drop for about 6 months and was totally OVER it, i scrapped on anythign and everything and didnt notice much of a handling difference

as for intake, if you wanted to go cheap get a K&N drop in, it'll give you a minor, and i mean minor, power increase but itll also bump you milage.

with the exhaust, it's all you bud. i don't like a lot of the systems out there since they all kind've sound like ***. just don't go too big diameter since you're not running FI you want to keep some back pressure
Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 AM
LollerShakes

After seeing the prices of the Turbo Kits, Im thinking I may just get a Turbo kit, and then figure out what Exhaust well be good with my motor after the Turbo Kit. Im going to look in the forums to see what the Choice of Turbo is for my Year. I have a shop here that well install the whole kit for 400 WOOT WOOT.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

^ ooooh man... you def need to hit up the FI section. I ended up getting a Greddy Tuner that I have to install. It'll get expensive very very quickly. 400.00 for a install? I was quoted close to 3k.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 AM
LollerShakes

I got a buddy who works at an installation shop who just did a G35, I am pretty confident in his work. I thought the Turbo kits were like 8k, when i saw they were in the 4's i almost dropped off my chair at work. Yea I have found this one.
http://www.turbo-kits.com/350Z_turbo_kits.html
The turbonetics one, but I have not searched the market place nor done enough research to figure out if Turbo or Super Charger kit well be better for what im wanting to accomplish. At this point im all ears and eyes listening/Researching.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:36 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will end up costing you more than that $5k
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 AM
LollerShakes

Yeah i Figure 5k is a whole lot better than 8k..............
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 AM
FineWine

What I'm saying is, the cost of ownership of FI doesn't end with the cost of the kit. I personally wouldn't feel safe Turbonetics reflash, for example. I've also heard that there are a lot of problems with that kit. Problems + FI = explosions.

Also, If you want to stay cheap, a Vortech kit might be a better way to go.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Im taking Alberto's advice and staying under 600whp...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Count Driftula

read this first:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...u-push-it.html

it will help with your decisions about what you want to do with your planned FI Z. I say you should figure out exactly what you want to do with your Z before you start spending $krilla. for show, power, reliability, drift, wrap aound a tree, etc... all this plays into how you should be spending your money.

for example, tie-rods, suspension, and LSD trumps power for me, cuz I need my car for drifting, and power is later down the road

I have very little posts, but I have learned everything I need to know because all the questions anyone has, has been asked here on this forum. (serously read for about 30+ hours.)

while I am new specifically to this forum and owning my Z, I have been around drifting forums for some time, and you are kinda coming off like you have a chip on your shoulder or something... not trying to knock on you, just a friendly hint

My

Last edited by Count Driftula; 07-12-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
LollerShakes

Man that article was informative, 5/16 people blew their motor after keeping it stock and just putting Kits on there. Makes me a little concerned LoL. i think ill have to wait til I get some engine work done, or make sure a professional installs it.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Count Driftula

Originally Posted by LollerShakes
Man that article was informative, 5/16 people blew their motor after keeping it stock and just putting Kits on there. Makes me a little concerned LoL. i think ill have to wait til I get some engine work done, or make sure a professional installs it.
I know right? its crazy, if I go FI it will be big decisions lol

Last edited by Count Driftula; 07-12-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
FineWine

ECU + Professional Tune under 400hp and you'll be OK. Turbonetics won't make over 400whp on spring pressure anyway IIRC.

But that's what I meant by the cost of ownership being higher than the price of the kit.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
LollerShakes

Yeah I dont want to get anything over 400, i want a ball bearing Turbo, thats like 300 bucks more, but I would be real happy staying at like 380 if thats going to keep it reliable while driving. I only drive it once every couple a weeks on a sunday anyway, so its not an everyday driver.