Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 AM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z Project X
You act like an E-3, if you want to represent the Marine Corps at least do it intelligently. Bragging about becoming a butter bar isn't saying much, especially with your lack of experience. You'll see when you get to your first command as an officer.
<-----FYI: E6, USMC, 8 years active, 2 deployments...

Last edited by herrschaft; 11-20-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:04 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

haha, na 20 and an E-3 and got no shame in it. and going to officer training next year. and i drive the biggest most bad a** thing the military has to offer. what more could i ask for. im guessing your in some branch of the military or were?
They sending you to college or have you magically graduated at age 20? Or do they make officers out of HS grads these days? College should have taught you it is "to", not "too" and it is "you're" not "your". Yes, both are words but they need to be used in the correct context. I'm a lowly Navy vet, E-5 in just over three years into my 4 year enlistment, quite a few years ago though. I worked with Marines, and they most certainly did NOT consider me an E-3, lol. You are not quite "all that" yet, sorry.
I will say, thanks for your service though.

Last edited by PerfZ; 11-20-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:40 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully you'll learn in officer training to think before you speak or type.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think he anticipated so many military members being on here.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:01 PM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope I already knew a lot of military was on here. And no they do not make you an officer out of high school. The Marines do have a program though that does allow you to go to college and do 2 six weeks training sections in the summer that im looking at and no another branch does not have the same program. (Look up Platoon Leaders Course). Im studying aeronautical engineering right now so everyone ill be off the ground and flying something So when I graduate im commisioned. Butter bar or not it is a commisioned officer rank and every officer once started there. Im not bragging about anything I simply made a joke about tax dollars and the military and all the older people got butt hurt (next time get some lube).
Couldn't quote anyone since im doing it from my phone
Old 11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Spork

AF accepts packages, sends you to college on AF dime, and brings you back when you've finished your degree.

Don't get too offended, but I doubt you're smart enough to aeronautics. For an academically-inclined person, I got annoyed with the amount of physics, trig, etc. that's involved. I guarantee by "studying," you're trying to do generals. For a young marine that isn't too bright? You'll fail out miserably, as you go around bragging you're gonna be an officer one day. Good luck getting accepted.
Since you know so much about marine mentality... have you ever heard of the saying, "Don't trust a butter bar, it can get you killed."?

Answer this... have you ever deployed?
Old 11-20-2011, 03:49 PM
350Z Project X

Haha, ya you don't know me so you have no idea if im smart or stupid. The stereotype all marines are stupid is no longer true. I scored high on my ASVAB i picked tanks to get a ground combat job. I was doing engineering in back in high school and am deploying next year that's when our rotation is up, if all goes as planned
Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 PM
350Z Project X

I didnt join the Marines because I had no other options i did it to help pay for my college and because i wanted to do something more and I was going to originally join the Air Force but I wanted to go enlisted and not straight officer and have a ground combat job
Old 11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Haha, ya you don't know me so you have no idea if im smart or stupid. The stereotype all marines are stupid is no longer true. I scored high on my ASVAB i picked tanks to get a ground combat job. I was doing engineering in back in high school and am deploying next year that's when our rotation is up, if all goes as planned
I can tell that you're stupid just by reading your posts ...which wreak of BS and lack of intelligence.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-20-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Spork

I never said ALL marines are stupid. Downrange, I've met some of the coolest guys. Home station, there are some cool *** people in the car crowd. The married ones are generally pleasant, being able to offer company for both myself and my wife. The young single ones are generally stupid, touting the fact that they're in the marines.
Whoopty sh*t... I got a 95 through a hangover and lacking sleep. ASVAB means nothing. A high school that had engineering classes, eh?

So in other words, you haven't deployed. Typical.

I didnt join the Marines because I had no other options i did it to help pay for my college and because i wanted to do something more and I was going to originally join the Air Force but I wanted to go enlisted and not straight officer and have a ground combat job
Of course you were! And you were 100% qualified for the AF, right?
Wanna know how I know this is total BS, and you just couldn't make it into the AF? We have numerous ground combat, spec ops, gunners, and other positions. They have room most of the time. You couldn't go in straight officer because you have no bachelors, there are recruiting freezes in the AF, and you probably have some sh*t on your criminal record, hence not being able to make it into the AF.

Stop spouting bullsh*t. You're giving the marines a terrible rep.

For the record, asked a couple buddies about that rank phrase you claimed was true. They laughed, never heard of such a thing, and one said you're not a "real" marine... just some kid joining to get street cred.

Last edited by Spork; 11-20-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Old 11-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Gozirra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, ya you don't know me so you have no idea if im smart or stupid.
Nope I already knew a lot of military was on here. The Marines do have a program though that does allow you to go to college and do 2 six weeks training sections in the summer that im looking at and no another branch does not have the same program. (Look up Platoon Leaders Course). Im studying aeronautical engineering right now so everyone ill be off the ground and flying something Im not bragging about anything I simply made a joke about tax dollars and the military and all the older people got butt hurt (next time get some lube).
Couldn't quote anyone since im doing it from my phone
Haha, ya you don't know me so you have no idea if im smart or stupid.
Dear sweet baby Jesus..
Old 11-20-2011, 05:03 PM
SLeRoux92

Well, Mr. 20-year-old engineering marine, I'm 19 and a 4 star general, I got my aerospace engineering degree as a sperm cell, my masters as a fetus and my Ph.D. as an infant. I have also been deployed 16 times, diffused 746 IED's, saved the lives of 46 Afghan children, created the original design blueprint for the AC-130 and dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. Which I also created with my secondary Nuclear Engineering degree. You ask how I did this? I also invented time travel in the fourth grade. I don't always get degrees, but when i do..

I prefer to be awesome.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Spork

^ Super soldier!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 PM
SLeRoux92

Originally Posted by Spork
^ Super soldier!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by SLeRoux92
Well, Mr. 20-year-old engineering marine, I'm 19 and a 4 star general, I got my aerospace engineering degree as a sperm cell, my masters as a fetus and my Ph.D. as an infant. I have also been deployed 16 times, diffused 746 IED's, saved the lives of 46 Afghan children, created the original design blueprint for the AC-130 and dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. Which I also created with my secondary Nuclear Engineering degree. You ask how I did this? I also invented time travel in the fourth grade. I don't always get degrees, but when i do..

I prefer to be awesome.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Gozirra

I believe I can explain SLeRoux92's beginnings in case you do not believe him... With this kind of motivation its hard not to be exceptional
Attached Thumbnails This pertains to the &quot;17 year olds getting Z's&quot; debate...-super-baby-meme-generator-i-want-to-make-a-super-baby-ce12de.jpg-1308164273.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:27 PM
SLeRoux92

oh and as an update on my status, I've kind of been spending a lot of time with another forum..

Been highly considering a 2012 Genesis Coupe R-spec (2.0t) because, well, they're sexy as hell IMO, a bit more practical than the Z, come boosted stock so they're easy to upgrade and add power to, and I can get one brand new with brembos, an LSD and track suspension for 24k out the door. It's rough because there are so many things about the Z that I love. Any thoughts?

Only real problem I'm concerned with is the somewhat widespread tranny failures on the 6mt (genesis), I really don't want to end up with a lemon. The clutch is also a little weak, so if I up the boost down the road, the replacement will be mandatory. But a buddy of mine has had one for a year or so with zero problems. Hmm.

Last edited by SLeRoux92; 11-20-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:28 PM
SLeRoux92

Originally Posted by Gozirra
I believe I can explain SLeRoux92's beginnings in case you do not believe him... With this kind of motivation its hard not to be exceptional
Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by SLeRoux92
oh and as an update on my status, I've kind of been spending a lot of time with another forum..

Been highly considering a 2012 Genesis Coupe R-spec (2.0t) because, well, they're sexy as hell IMO, a bit more practical than the Z, come boosted stock so they're easy to upgrade and add power to, and I can get one brand new with brembos, an LSD and track suspension for 24k out the door. It's rough because there are so many things about the Z that I love. Any thoughts?

Only real problem I'm concerned with is the somewhat widespread tranny failures on the 6mt (genesis), I really don't want to end up with a lemon. The clutch is also a little weak, so if I up the boost down the road, the replacement will be mandatory. But a buddy of mine has had one for a year or so with zero problems. Hmm.
Theres one on craigslist in my area. 6speed 2.0T. 17k miles. $18000. What I wouldnt do for an extra 5 or 6K right now...

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...