Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
antifungal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
To be honest I had a lot of ap classes in high school so when I ent into college I was already a sophmore I had a track scholarship and I went to summer school every summer and i started school once i got out of high school. I got a teller job at citi qnd just moved up once I graduated they paid for my master's and I got another job within the company. My family isn't too well off so I had to pay for this myself so i know whats its like to live at home but my point is theres a time to move out and be on ur own and for me it was 20 when i graduated but that's my life story man what's urs
Thats a riveting tale there chap. As far as me.. Got a Ged. Work at GameStop. Hoping GameStop can maybe pay for my masters after bachelors. Hope to one day become manager. Don't play any sports although wouldn't consider track a sport more so a hobby. Have acne. Never been laid. Make $280 a week. Overweight. Plan to live with parents until 26.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by antifungal
Thats a riveting tale there chap. As far as me.. Got a Ged. Work at GameStop. Hoping GameStop can maybe pay for masters after bachelors. Hope to one day become manager. Don't play any sports although wouldn't consider track a sport more so a hobby. Have acne. Never been laid. Make $280 a week. Overweight. Plan to live with parents until 26.
Lmao well man we all gotta start somewhere man im not trying to **** on you i used to work at sears before i worked at citi so its all good ma n I was just trying to tell that one dude that he needs to be smart with his money at this age
Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Lmao well man we all gotta start somewhere man im not trying to **** on you i used to work at sears before i worked at citi so its all good ma n I was just trying to tell that one dude that he needs to be smart with his money at this age
I got money for college and ended up getting a full ride track and field scholarship. I used my orginal college money on alcohol, trips to vegas, hookers, cocaine, miami for spring break and still had money left over to drive away with my car. I did a little drug dealing on the side to save up some money too, and I also ran a dating service where I had girls who would pay me to protect them. I eventually started wearing different clothes and got the nickname "gator" cause I liked the florida gators.

Last edited by Jah70; 05-11-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Actually his analogy is spot on IMO. The GTR basically drives it's self. No real skill or effort required. I don't think he was trying to discredit the abilities of the GTR.
It's clear that you or Jah have NEVER driven one. I don't know of any car that "basically drives itself" much less requires "no real skill or effort." TBH, anyone can drive on the street...EVERYONE thinks that going fast is as easy as just pushing the pedal on the right. Try taking any car or bike on a track and you'll quickly learn that going fast is NOT easy and that there is no car made that basically drives itself or requires no real skill or effort.

If either of you would like to really know more about the GTR, hit up a my350z member by the name of "Latromi." He is a REAL Nissan GTR Tech. He can tell you all about the car first hand rather than watching a TV show, youtube or reading some BS review written by some guy that just likes to read what he writes.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:20 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by Jah70
A fun car doesn't have to be insanely fast (just look at the skyrocketing sales numbers of the BRZ/GT86).
The BRZ/FR-S is seriously underpowered...it makes for a nice chick car though.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Jah70

Originally Posted by pangoman
It's clear that you or Jah have NEVER driven one. I don't know of any car that "basically drives itself" much less requires "no real skill or effort." TBH, anyone can drive on the street...EVERYONE thinks that going fast is as easy as just pushing the pedal on the right. Try taking any car or bike on a track and you'll quickly learn that going fast is NOT easy and that there is no car made that basically drives itself or requires no real skill or effort.

If either of you would like to really know more about the GTR, hit up a my350z member by the name of "Latromi." He is a REAL Nissan GTR Tech. He can tell you all about the car first hand rather than watching a TV show, youtube or reading some BS review written by some guy that just likes to read what he writes.
I've driven it 3 times, 2 on lime rock race course in ct and once on the road and it's a car that you just push the gas and steer where you want to go. There's no modulating the throttle cause the computer does it and makes the car feel dull, it understeers almost like it's fwd and it makes everyone look like they know how to drive even when they miss
apexes etc. It's a lovely car but I like more
driver effort and a thrill that being very conservative and playing it safe.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Jah70

Originally Posted by pangoman
The BRZ/FR-S is seriously underpowered...it makes for a nice chick car though.
Of course it's underpowered but like I said, they didn't make that car for speed. Tossing that little thing around a corner and hearing the back tires start to light up because it has tiny tires. If it had maybe 50 or so horsepower more it would be perfect.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
pangoman

I've driven it 3 times, 2 on lime rock race course in ct and once on the road and it's a car that you just push the gas and steer where you want to go. There's no modulating the throttle cause the computer does it and makes the car feel dull, it understeers almost like it's fwd and it makes everyone look like they know how to drive even when they miss
apexes etc. It's a lovely car but I like more
driver effort and a thrill that being very conservative and playing it safe.
Funny that you mention Lime Rock. I have 2 Cousins and an Uncle that have raced there for decades (well, my Uncle for decades). I'm still calling BS on your GTR driving or even riding experience. Anyone that has actually driven or ridden in the GTR will walk away from it tripping out how ridiculous that car is..."you just push the gas and steer where you want to go." Really? You must be one bad *** F1 driver or something.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 PM
stuartc323

I got money for college and ended up getting a full ride track and field scholarship. I used my orginal college money on alcohol, trips to vegas, hookers, cocaine, miami for spring break and still had money left over to drive away with my car. I did a little drug dealing on the side to save up some money too, and I also ran a dating service where I had girls who would pay me to protect them. I eventually started wearing different clothes and got the nickname "gator" cause I liked the florida gators.
Jah you always crack me up sir lol
Old 05-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Jah70

Jah you always crack me up sir lol
Even though I turned my life around sometimes I feel like there's a darkness inside me. It wants to get out and get some walking around money, it wants to buy some shoes. It wants to walk up to people and say hey!!!!! "GATOR DON'T PLAY NO CHIT! YOU FEEL ME! GATOR NEVA BEEN BOUT PLAYIN NO CHIT! GATOR'S B!TCHEZ BETTA BE USING JIMMIES!!!"
Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Even though I turned my life around sometimes I feel like there's a darkness inside me. It wants to get out and get some walking around money, it wants to buy some shoes. It wants to walk up to people and say hey!!!!! "GATOR DON'T PLAY NO CHIT! YOU FEEL ME! GATOR NEVA BEEN BOUT PLAYIN NO CHIT! GATOR'S B!TCHEZ BETTA BE USING JIMMIES!!!"
WTF happened in here?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:40 AM
stuartc323

Just Jah being Jah
Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Jah70

I remember my first car was a red toyota camry hybrid. It got stolen one time and the cops found it in an alley. They said a bunch of homeless dudes had an orgy in my car. The police said it's called a "soup kitchen" when they do that. He said after they left a raccoon came by and gave birth in it and the placenta blow out all over the back window. They found a note next a turd in the driver's seat saying "Thanks for the F-Shack. -Love Durrty Mike N Da Boyz". They turned my beautiful Toyota with the optional dental dam into a nightmare.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Supreme cT

1st car 1994 honda civic ex

2nd 2003 acura rsx, Loved this car and "thought" it was fast until i drove my boys 350z

3rd 350z only have 2 more months of saving until i can buy one
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM
ninevoltz

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

1: 1971 Chevy Nova w/ small block 307, two speed PowerGlide transmission
2: 1979 Datsun 210B
3: 1984 Datsun 300ZX Turbo
4: 1992 Geo Storm
5: 2000 Nissan Sentra (bought new, never again will I buy a brand new car, traded for Xterra in #6. No problem with the Sentra, just depreciation...)
6: 1998 Pontiac Firebird / 2001 Nissan Xterra
7: 2003 350Z Touring / 2008 BMW 328i Sport
Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 PM
SS_Z33

1989 Toyota supra turbo
1987 Honda prelude
1989 Honda accord sei
1989 Nissan 200sx quad spark baby
1987 Toyota supra turbo
2008 Nissan 350z gt.

In all honesty there have always been rich parents buying their kids nice toys. I was never
One of those kids I did how ever always envy and detest them.
I see now though that that was pointless. There'll always be some rich kid in a car
We may not feel they deserve because of x reason. But what they do with their time money (parents money) is up to them. Why not just start a thread hating on
Older men owning a 350z saying it makes the group as a whole look
Old and out of date...
Old 06-21-2013, 04:15 AM
ainfante21

I was 17 when I got my Z... 9 years ago; I still have it, she has 19k miles in mint condition. Now I'm making a great living, own a home and help my parents whenever they need anything - whether it be financially or whatever else to return their favor. I never understood when people say, "It was handed to you, you didn't have to work for it." It wasn't handed to my parents, they came here from a different country (Italy) and worked endless hours for their kids to have a better life than they did. I will one day with the help of God do the same for my children; it's how you raise your children that make them spoiled, not what you buy them. I was very well disciplined and was taught the meaning of earning something on my own and that's why I am where I am today. I only read the first few comments of this thread starting from page 1 so I'm not sure where this eventually led to - but I know what the OP was trying to get at.

Last edited by ainfante21; 06-21-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by ainfante21
I was 17 when I got my Z... 9 years ago; I still have it, she has 19k miles in mint condition. Now I'm making a great living, own a home and help my parents whenever they need anything - whether it be financially or whatever else to return their favor. I never understood when people say, "It was handed to you, you didn't have to work for it." It wasn't handed to my parents, they came here from a different country (Italy) and worked endless hours for their kids to have a better life than they did. I will one day with the help of God do the same for my children; it's how you raise your children that make them spoiled, not what you buy them. I was very well disciplined and was taught the meaning of earning something on my own and that's why I am where I am today. I only read the first few comments of this thread starting from page 1 so I'm not sure where this eventually led to - but I know what the OP was trying to get at.

So how did you get YOUR Z with 19k miles on 7 years ago at 17?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Jah70

Originally Posted by ainfante21
Wait a sec....

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...