Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't read all the whatever between the first page and this one, but I'll add my input that nobody wants to hear anyways because I'm bored.

I don't like to talk to teenagers about their 350Zs for the same reason I don't like to talk to teenagers about anything else; teenagers are stupid. All of them. I was a teenager and I was stupid. It's just the way things are. If you survive that decade of blinding ignorance mixed with a clear sense of infallibility, I'll friend you on Twatter or whatever. Until then, shut up and try not to rear end me in the car you don't know how to drive.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Godzirrra922

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the OP:

It isn't the whole, but the individual they have a problem with...including myself. I'm 20, got my Z at 19, and I have never once been bashed on because of it. How about you grow up a little bit, and stop crying about what others say or think. It's people like YOU that give the other, more mature, Z drivers in our age group a bad rep. With the way you talk, please please please save the Z community by trading yours in, a getting yourself a Civic. Yeah, a Civic will suit you just fine. Z guys such as yourself make the rest of us wanna

Thank you, that'll be all.

Last edited by Godzirrra922; 10-16-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM
stuartc323

Op I have one question. You expect us to believe that you are completely independent at 19, your parents live on another continent, you pay your own rent, food, have money for outside expenses, go to school, and all this, all this on a part time job? -__-

do you sell crack?

You cant honestly expect us to completely trust those statements to be true. Its ok to have help and admit it, we were young at one point, **** im still young, im 22. I bought my z 3 months ago after i became a credit risk analyst for a major bank, and I bought my z cash.

You cant come onto this forum and post stuff like this, it isnt facebook, we are all men here with a purpose which is to advance the creativity and ideas for our cars. Why we get mad or hostile towards younger Z owners, is because you guys come onto the forums and post dumb **** like this, whining about bs.

I specifically remember your tag name, you were posting in the new owners forum about how you were about to get your z, we are glad you have it maximum dopeness bro, but honestly learn how to use the forum. Im not flaming, just trying to protect you from the flaming because your story doesnt add up. Next time you post, SEARCH FIRST.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM
antifungal

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
Why do you care so much?? If his parents got it for him then who cares. Sound a bit jealous to be honest
Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by antifungal
Why do you care so much?? If his parents got it for him then who cares. Sound a bit jealous to be honest
Its honestly not that, its more that op is lying.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Z10
Buddy you where there at some point.

I don't get it honestly. When an inexperienced person makes a post it's obviously because they don't know the f**** answer to it.

It just so happens that when newer Z owners and young enthusiasts look for help with more experienced owners all they get is a smart *** response or laughed at.

I'll put it more clear if any of you don't have an educated or honest opinion don't reply at all don't waste your time in forums like this. Most of us log in to give our opinions and share our knowledge.

I'm 19yrs old with a 2008 350z and i bought it my self. Thanks to all the experienced nice people who helped when I didn't know anything.

Respect to all Z owners and young enthusiast.
This is why we hate you. We are sick of the "I bought this with my own money, blah blah blah." Why the hell do every one of you bring this up. **** gets old, and no one really cares. Please go Dugan yourself. I think alot of us are sick of how you represent the Z community, modding and driving your car specifically. It comes off as douchian.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 10-16-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 AM
antifungal

To be fair, I got my Z when I was 19. Worked 3 part time jobs. Z was 19k plus about 3k a year for insurance. Dad put 10k down on his card which I paid him back the same day since I was too young to put the down payment. I'm now 22, still work 3 jobs, making fairly good money (I do valet and let me tell you that the money is incredible) while everyone in my school was partying, I worked every thurs, fri, Saturday night until 2. I know what it's like to work for something you want.

I am grateful though that my parents help me financially. I am an only child. Which can be a good or bad thing. My parents paid for my education in which I return with good grades. I still live at home with mom and dad.
However with everything else it's all on me. I buy my own clothes, anything I want for my Z I do myself.

As I said before i still work 3 jobs and go to school part time (9 credits left). I still manage to hangout with my friends ad family and enjoy my life.

I am grateful for what I have and I know other American kids have it harder than i do.

I didn't read the whole thread only the OP. if the kid sounds like he is lying then he doesn't deserve anything
Old 10-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Moussa93

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Why would I lie on my life?
I mean, no one knows me here, so there's no point of trying to invent me a life or something like that because it will just take me nowhere.

Now, you believe it or not, but I won't send any paycheck or bills to prove the way I'm living
Just bare something in mind, others might have better jobs, better paychecks at 16 or 17 than you do at 21 and 22..
Some might be more independent and might know better than you how to manage their lives, but again, this is not the purpose of this thread.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:29 AM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
THIS

I don't give a **** if someone has help from their parents. My best friend has a 2nd gen RX-8 that his mom bought him 100% and don't care at all. I was simply stating OP is a liar. I don't like liars. Simple as that.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Moussa93

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
THIS

I don't give a **** if someone has help from their parents. My best friend has a 2nd gen RX-8 that his mom bought him 100% and don't care at all. I was simply stating OP is a liar. I don't like liars. Simple as that.
It's funny...
Are you calling liars everyone who's doing actually better than you did?

Godness.

Anyway, I am kind of done with this
Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So emo.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM
logan09

lol this kid.

Starts immature thread, tries to act more mature than everyone./story
Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Jonnoh

for the same reason you can see through a 13 year olds stories...

you were given your car, you dont know how to drive unless youre one of the very few whos parents got them into motorsport at a young age (those kids dont make threads like this), and all your opinions are ****.

this is known

You might have developed a delusion about how the car was paid for, but even if the money was under your control, it still came from ******** means. Maybe answering phones at your daddys big firm for $20 an hour and most of your hourly is spent on smoke breaks.

it could be a number of things but bottom line is the community is right and youre mad about it. Just let this thread die.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
jninja26

{Thread:

OP: Pleeeease, I'm not a liar!

my350z: Ummm, yeah, you are.

OP = }

Can we close this thread now??
Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Moussa93
Hey people,
Just feel like some members here don't like to see us driving Zs at 17, 18 or 19...
What's wrong with it?
I mean, seriously...
Chill out...
Seriously, just read this quickly and explain me what kind of reaction is this: https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/565840-we-need-to-do-something-in-northern-virginia.html

Why are some ( I know that it's not all of you ) judging people by their age?

Jesus...

By chill out I mean " Calm down " or " Go easy " ... Or something similar...
Didn't mean anything insulting or whatever...
Sorry if you took it in a bad way
It's about the age, about the G35 " ricers " and other things...
It just doesn't make sense to talk like that when you don't really know about the other's life ...
I've been working since 17, too... I'm getting my associate this year, full time college student... Even though I'm 19, I got a part time job to be able to save and buy the car of my dreams... And that's what I just did... I mean, I am buying this car with MY money so I know the real value of it...I'm coming from a 06 Accord Coupe, I drove it for about a year... I just don't understand why we should put all the teens in the same box if they don't have all the same personality...
I bought the Accord Coupe with my own money, ca$h.
I am currently paying from my own car insurance ($xxx for the Accord, Jumped to $xxx with the Z), I pay for my own gas. And pay my $xx rent.
Only thing that I am getting for free is the unlimited cell phone plan. And yes, I work part time but make some good money.
And take it like this: Bought the Coupe in February, saving around $xxx per month, sometimes less...

Thank you, so much.

Who said that I was in debt ?

And I am paying for school, too ...
I mean, you can keep trying and trying and trying to find some points that will convince you that young drivers can't drive Zs by themselves, that they can't own them...
But that's not true.
Can't drive by our own = Can't pay for our gas, insurance, and so...

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

Be happy for those who're luckier than you, who can enjoy what you are enjoying even though they're younger...
I'd be happy for a 17 who got a Z, no matter how, because I'd love to have it at 17, too...
Teh... Looks like I'm in that 5%
But I wouldn't say 95%, though...
I mean that's true, some of young owners are stupid...
But it's way less than you guys actually think...
I'd say around 10 to 20% of them
Edited my post at 12:50.
You posted at 12:52.

Yes, I read it...
So basically, some people (a lot...) had a lot of cars before having a 350Z...
Does it mean that everybody has to ?
First of all, you moderate your language.
Then, if I felt the need to create a thread to talk about this, it's because this is not the first time I'm noticing it.
And that's what I am saying, if no one cares, why is there always an age reference?
If you can't bring an interesting point, no need to post some useless answers,
Well, I just answered some questions.
And no, I don't live with my parents since they're in a different continent

Take it as you want, I won't try to prov myself right or whatever...

Anyway, my life isn't the purpose of the thread but why so much hate toward young drivers but I think I kind of get it.
Here's what I was saying earlier...

Having a problem with ALL the drivers because of one (even if it's me)...
What kind of sense of judgment is that?
I don't have to blow **** because I don't need to
Can't get enough parting yours, buddy?
Well, mine is still stock...

Will just plastidip the wheels or powdercoat them in black, probably going to lower the car, add a front lip and wrap in satin black
I'm trying to explain that what you might be seeing all day long doesn't reflect the reality... at all ...

Anyway, you guys think what you want but it's kind of sad to see those kind of stereotypes
Great
For sure, we don't have as many experience as you 40, 50 or 60 ish have, we will never be able to look at our cars as you guys are looking at yours, etc etc...
That I know for sure, and I respect the fact that you all worked hard.
All I'm saying is that some people ( not everybody, again) don't have to show any kind of hate or make nasty comments on the side, that's it.
You're right.
Thanks & Sorry

* Removing Ebay from bookmarks *
Why would I lie on my life?
I mean, no one knows me here, so there's no point of trying to invent me a life or something like that because it will just take me nowhere.

Now, you believe it or not, but I won't send any paycheck or bills to prove the way I'm living
Just bare something in mind, others might have better jobs, better paychecks at 16 or 17 than you do at 21 and 22..
Some might be more independent and might know better than you how to manage their lives, but again, this is not the purpose of this thread.
It's funny...
Are you calling liars everyone who's doing actually better than you did?

Godness.

Anyway, I am kind of done with this
Awesomeness...

Hopefully when you grow up...you'll look back and go D'oh!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 AM
C5_vette

the decline of the Nissan civic errr 350z continues....damn shame.....

LOL @ the op making this thread because he did not get a good reception in the Mid-A.... you need to have much thicker skin to make it there.....

instead another annoying thread was made, ironically highlighting the exact deficiencies older members feel the younger crowd have

Last edited by C5_vette; 10-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 AM
GLRacing

This thread honestly makes me hate being 19. The level of immaturity is baffling.

I believe I am doing it right, however. I don't post these obnoxious threads, I search, and I even give input to others about stuff that I had learned from the experiences that I HAVE had. I even know exactly how to take care of my car, upgrade it tastefully, and even learn to control it at the track.

The way we act on this site seems to be more determined by how much we have read and understood, rather than merely age. I have read thousands of threads on here over the past year and I have noticed a big difference with my knowledge, how I choose to post and how I react to the ridiculous replies, compared to a year ago.

At the same time, I have noticed some of the senior members on here having just as much immaturity as the younger batch of Z owners. So this isn't a black and white concept like the OP sees it; there are exceptions to the generalization that all teens are spoiled douches, or that all senior Z owners do it better.. I just hope that all of you other teens out there take my advice to just follow our rules on the forum, don't back talk, etc. Treat this as if you were talking to your elders in person; sit back, shut up, and take in their wisdom.. Just read up on your sh*t and educate yourselves about the Z before posting these bs threads that have been discussed many times before. We may think we know better, but boy are we wrong...
Old 10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I was going to poke fun at the teenage plasti dip fad but thought, "nah, that may be off topic." Then I read Kingzbaby's quote post of one of the kiddies saying he might "plasti dip the wheels." LMAO classic Should have said it the first time.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 AM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
I was going to poke fun at the teenage plasti dip fad but thought, "nah, that may be off topic." Then I read Kingzbaby's quote post of one of the kiddies saying he might "plasti dip the wheels." LMAO classic Should have said it the first time.
Go look at the "what have you done today" thread. He's pretty proud of it.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Dugan!

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...