Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:45 AM
GJL44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) 92 Camry got it with 250k miles on it
2) 98 Honda Civic hatch
3) 01 Subaru Outback
4) 04 WRX (RIP)
5) 08 350z
Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 PM
SLeRoux92

Originally Posted by herrschaft
Just turned 18 and payed for everything with my own money. Work at a prestige business that my dad conveniently owns. Going to school full time too because my allowance covers tuition. I'm successful...

1) 2005 Dodge Viper (crashed)
2) 2008 Aston Martin DB9 (crashed)
3) 2003 Hummer H1 (still have)
4) 2008 Ferrari Scuderia (crashed)
5) 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo (crashed)
6) 2008 Dodge Viper ACR (impounded)
7) 2006 Infiniti G35 (beater)
8) 1995 Honda Civic (WTF is this ****)

you guys missed the trollface.jpg apparently lol. And loads of sarcasm..

Anyways, here's my huge list.

1. 2005 Nissan Xterra
1.5- 2007 Yamaha R6 (was a blast, but sold)

hoping to get my hands on a 350 after this X is paid off.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
SLeRoux92

Just turned 18 and payed for everything with my own money. Work at a prestige business that my dad conveniently owns. Going to school full time too because my allowance covers tuition. I'm successful...

Originally Posted by ch1215g
1. 2003 5AT Caribbean Blue G35 Coupe (first car, SOLD)
2. 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution 9 SE Silver 5MT (SOLD)
3. 2003 nissan 350z Black 6MT (own still, now turboed)
4. 2003 Mini Cooper s Green 6MT (Sold)
5. 2007 cobalt ss Yellow 5MT (Sold)
6. 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 blue 5MT (traded for the red one, SOLD)
7. 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 Red 5MT (sold for turboing the 350z)

i think thats it lol...

im 20 now all bought with my own money no help from anyone.
what the hell do you do for work? I want in, since you only need to be 20!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:25 PM
xX Lil Oly Xx

lol That was a good joke from you!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jesus tapdancing Christ, guys. Do we need an official Stamp of Humor to put on posts that aren't meant to be taken seriously?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheVengefulCo
Most people hating in this thread are aged 20-30 obviously. With all due respect, sorry to tell you, but you guys arent that grown up. Most of you are about as mature as a 17 year old anyways. Many havent experienced much of a different life (especially people who are 20-25) than a 17 year old except that you have a few more responsibilities.
Subjective. As for experiencing a different life... we all come from different walks. I'm living in Japan, been deployed, explored and interacted with locals in the middle east, I'm married, supporting two people, own two cars, knows how it feels to say, "See ya when you get back man, stay safe," only to hear he won't be returning to us, knows how it feels to be broke, and live off TOP ramen (not even that premium Maruchan sh*t), etc.
I've learned a lot. One thing is, the US youth is the most rude and most spoiled in the world. You'll probably be clueless as to how I've come to say this, but it's simply because you have no experience outside your little box.

Here's a fact. Most of us here will know how to react in certain situations where you would freeze up or short-circuit. I'm not talking about just military people. Even your normal day-to-day citizen. He has still seen more than you.

If youre past 30, then you can talk. People need to realize some people have been given better cards in life. If you are really so old, mature, and wise then you wouldnt be complaining about 17 year old kids with a nice car on an internet forum... like really? come on, you shouldnt even care about that crap. Im not hating or trying to start a flame war, but is this really a topic of debate?
A lot of people here over 30 make more money than you will with your pending (most likely) liberal arts associates.
Not to mention, the primary group of our info-contributing members are from this age range... being the ones that can afford to pay cash for a twin turbo install, etc. Can you do this? Or are you even just having a hard time paying for your insurance and gas? Oh wait, you don't pay for your own insurance...

Some 17 year olds work harder than many "older" people. Like I said earlier, the topic should be on young and even "old" Z owners that think theyre better than everyone else, you know, the immature guidos/"bad asses" of the Z community. And i didnt really mean to insult with the toaster comment lol Im just saying that some people have probably had it pretty damn hard, but that doesnt give them a right to complain because everyone has it hard someway or another. But in the end, the Z is just a piece of aluminum with an engine and wheels, and tells you nothing about the person who owns it. So lets all get real.
My grandfather, at the age of 88, was still working on his farm... harvesting, carpentry, landscaping, tree removal, hunting, etc. on 300-acres from sunrise to sunset. He puts most of today's youth to shame.
17-year-olds work harder? Going to high school everyday, skipping class, doing easy homework, having weekends off, working a simple job, and trying to act like a boss is easy sh*t. You don't know hard at your age. Many people here are military, so unless you can justify working harder than most of the higher-ranking people around here, you're nothing.

Next.

Last edited by Spork; 09-21-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW. Did I say I was being cocky and arrogant? No, I said most young kids with the cars think theyre hot *&#% because they havent grown up and realized they're really just another normal person with a car. Chill out little ***s, its just a damn car. Yes, my parents are awesome because they wanted to help me out. Very mature comment. You just proved how immature people can really be. Im a young Z owner and I can honestly say I am more mature than 90% of the community on this website. Get real people.
Define "mature," because we can be completely different people face-to-face or in serious situations.

Also, you contradicted yourself in your post. How can you state you're so "mature" when you're not even brilliant enough to conjure up a worthy insult.

What you posted is basically saying, "Hey guys, you're all gay! Btw, I like dick."

No, you're not mature. No, your parents are not "awesome." No, it's not "just a damn car."
You'll learn why throughout life.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:08 AM
BigZeus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spork
are you even just having a hard time paying for your insurance and gas?
yes! but hey, I'm 19! Gotta get use to paying for that premium gas! I even tried to get my dad to help me pay for half of my insurance...no dice.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
SLeRoux92

this thread has been around for ages, and yet, still...no one gets it.

just don't mention your age if you could be considered young, don't talk like a tool or a fanboy, and you're set.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Gozirra

Just turned 18 yesterday. Had my Z for half a year. Got a 1998 Honda civic dx sedan when I was 15 and drove that for 2 and a half years.

Got a job paying 10/hr working as a server at a retirement home and saved up for a good bit by working afterschool and weekends. Got a second job lifeguarding over the summer and decided I wanted a more fun car since I love driving and thats hat I do half the time.

SOld my civic and added my saved up money and put total as a downpayment which paid for half of my Z (which i found used with 110k miles for a decent price with its own fair share of problems which caused me to have to put more money into it trying to get it back to "Z" condition) and paying the rest off monthly.
Sure I can admit I didnt know what I was getting into with the premium gas and the maintenance. but i do not regret it one bit.

I have zero accidents and zero speeding tickets. No I have nwhere near the experiance of "adult" drivers and many times i ask a stupid question, butI personally dont feel like trying to hide my age. If someone doesnt feel like I should have my car, thats their opinion. I see their side of it, I just know ive worked hard enough for my baby haha so i agree to disagree.

Not trying to prove anyone wrong or be a smartass, just explaining my situation and introducing myself to people who may see my other posts in the future and ask either "is this guy just an *******" or "is this guy just a stupid kid, he must be a stupid kid"

Im only on this forum to learn, and in some rare cases, help with whatever I can.

Lol@ the people that thught that troll post was legit
Old 09-21-2011, 11:36 AM
stillbootleg

ha this thread is gold.

'04 ZR Enthusiast stock @ 19 y/o.. my very first car
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 AM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my opinion with cars is this, if you can pay for it and afford it than go for it. I bought my Z with money i saved up from the Marines and I'm 20. I primarily bought the car because i also wanted one and i want a drift car I just hated it being in high school and kids driving BMW's, hummers, Benz's, and every other expensive car imaginable one kid even got a Lotus Elise. 99% of these kids had their parents buy them. My first car was a 1996 Volvo 960, then after that 2 honda civics. something for everyone to laugh at my volvo, i occasionally drove it with a panda mask over my face while heading up to go snowboarding. lol
Attached Thumbnails This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...-0116001204.jpg  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Jesus tapdancing Christ, guys. Do we need an official Stamp of Humor to put on posts that aren't meant to be taken seriously?
Apparently, because folk got all over the guy who suggested a plug-in Barbie Vette (which was pretty funny).

Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
xX Lil Oly Xx

Originally Posted by LKZProf
Just turned 18 yesterday. Had my Z for half a year. Got a 1998 Honda civic dx sedan when I was 15 and drove that for 2 and a half years.

Got a job paying 10/hr working as a server at a retirement home and saved up for a good bit by working afterschool and weekends. Got a second job lifeguarding over the summer and decided I wanted a more fun car since I love driving and thats hat I do half the time.

SOld my civic and added my saved up money and put total as a downpayment which paid for half of my Z (which i found used with 110k miles for a decent price with its own fair share of problems which caused me to have to put more money into it trying to get it back to "Z" condition) and paying the rest off monthly.
Sure I can admit I didnt know what I was getting into with the premium gas and the maintenance. but i do not regret it one bit.

I have zero accidents and zero speeding tickets. No I have nwhere near the experiance of "adult" drivers and many times i ask a stupid question, butI personally dont feel like trying to hide my age. If someone doesnt feel like I should have my car, thats their opinion. I see their side of it, I just know ive worked hard enough for my baby haha so i agree to disagree.

Not trying to prove anyone wrong or be a smartass, just explaining my situation and introducing myself to people who may see my other posts in the future and ask either "is this guy just an *******" or "is this guy just a stupid kid, he must be a stupid kid"

Im only on this forum to learn, and in some rare cases, help with whatever I can.

Lol@ the people that thught that troll post was legit

Think You! Someone in this thread is telling the truth. Not like the other kids in this thread saying they paid full price of the car and not saying they are doing down payment on the car.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 PM
1GR8350Z

Most people hating in this thread are aged 20-30 obviously. With all due respect, sorry to tell you, but you guys arent that grown up. Most of you are about as mature as a 17 year old anyways. Many havent experienced much of a different life (especially people who are 20-25) than a 17 year old except that you have a few more responsibilities. If youre past 30, then you can talk. People need to realize some people have been given better cards in life. If you are really so old, mature, and wise then you wouldnt be complaining about 17 year old kids with a nice car on an internet forum... like really? come on, you shouldnt even care about that crap. Im not hating or trying to start a flame war, but is this really a topic of debate? Some 17 year olds work harder than many "older" people. Like I said earlier, the topic should be on young and even "old" Z owners that think theyre better than everyone else, you know, the immature guidos/"bad asses" of the Z community. And i didnt really mean to insult with the toaster comment lol Im just saying that some people have probably had it pretty damn hard, but that doesnt give them a right to complain because everyone has it hard someway or another. But in the end, the Z is just a piece of aluminum with an engine and wheels, and tells you nothing about the person who owns it. So lets all get real.
Well, I am over 30 and find it entertaining to post in this thread. Your statement is true. There are plenty of older people that sit on their a$$ and get a living handed to them by the government, which makes them no different than a young kid getting everything handed to them by their parents. If you look at the older posters here it is obvious that none of us fall into that category, but many kids that post here do. The vast majority of kids that post here have no idea what working hard really is and will not until they get on their own and get introduced to the concept.

No, some people have never had it hard, and you sound one who has no clue what hardships are with your "awesome" parents. If you had truly worked for that car it would mean a little more to you

No way that you actually had a Civic.

Most entertaining post in this thread in quite some time.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:03 AM
gidiup

Originally Posted by RMichael
Apparently, because folk got all over the guy who suggested a plug-in Barbie Vette (which was pretty funny).

Been out of town for a few days. My response to trolls comment was meant to be funny. Hence plug-in Barbie Vette, school bus, flag flyn.

Really??? Didn't see the gif. Junior.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:10 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by gidiup
Been out of town for a few days. My response to trolls comment was meant to be funny. Hence plug-in Barbie Vette, school bus, flag flyn.

Really??? Didn't see the gif. Junior.
You forgot about Tonka Trucks
Old 09-22-2011, 06:11 PM
mewantkouki

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege LX - Sold
1992 Nissan 240sx - Sold
1997 Nissan 240sx - Sold
1996 Nissan 240sx - Sold
1993 Nissan 240sx - Sold
1995 Nissan 240sx - Sold
1998 Nissan 240sx - Uncle crashed
Soon to own a 2007-08 Z or 03-06 M3 depending on what I find cheaper with less miles. (Probably the Z)
Just turned 25 and work damn hard.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:51 PM
boomfranco

my first post on this thread, my 2 cents:

purchased my 04 Z when I was 16 yrs old in cash (about $13k), no help from parents on cost or registration/tax fess bs ($14kish total)..

by 17 fresh volks and procharger 9psi,

by 18 still boosting hard and not a single crash yet, except for a dumb ***** last year (last year of high school YEE) in school parkin lot that backed in to my Z and cracked my front bumper [got her to give me 300 in cash the next day, which covered paint costs for chargespeed kit I had sitting in my garage]

car, all aftermarkets, full procharger kit, etc + every cent of gas put in the car/tickets were fully paid by me, including monthly insurance ($140 a month with good student discount)

so yea **** you haters 493 pages of this **** by the time you are 20-30-40 years old a "16/17" year old has a Z too and you just gotta be jelly?

..yea, you jelly

Last edited by boomfranco; 09-22-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Nismo#1554

Has anyone ever posted how they actually, step-by-step accumulated $15k~$20k at 16?

Me? I was lucky. My parents bought me my car when I was in high school. I didn't have to work a single day for it. It was 1998 and I got a 1984 Pontiac Sunbird with a bad head gasket and no brakes. I no UR all jelly but haterz gonna hate.

Last edited by Nismo#1554; 09-22-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...