Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:16 PM
antifungal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freshaphex
Got my first 'sports' car at the age of 17. Saved up for 4 months at my first job out of high school
1991 Sentra SE-R - Bought it from a friend, fell in love with it. Went through two motors, the first one got rod knock at Fontana drag strip. Swapped in a newer sr20de, and the motor lost compression. didn't want to swap it again so I sold it

Now: A modest 2003 Honda Accord EX, and will be my daily for when I get either a 350z, g35 6mt or a AP1 s2k. But I'm trying to do as much possible research on all three cars to know which will best suit me.

But I do agree with 17 year old kids being a bit on the wreck less side. lost two friends the day before I turned 17 because the driver was messing around. (driver was not my friend)
That's why I tried keeping it on the track
strong 1rd post. Get a hyundai
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Maffucci10

i think thats its totally different if mom and dad buy the car or if i buy the car. if im gonna spend 15k for a 350z and im only 18, u bet ur *** im not gonna beat the **** out of it. got my first job a month or 2 after i turned 16 and saved up 8 grand to get a mazda 3. put about 3 grand in it and now drive a 350z. im not trying to brag or anything but it amazes me how i see ppl in my school that r seniors and drive humps of **** or dont even have a car!!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Maffucci10
im not trying to brag or anything but it amazes me how i see ppl in my school that r seniors and drive humps of ****...
Sounds like they're the smart ones...
Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 PM
logan09

I hate to break it to a lot of you but even if you were 18 and saved up the money for a down payment, you didn't have good enough credit yet to get a loan most likely therefore needing a co signer and ruining all credibility of you "doing it on your own"
Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Maffucci10

Originally Posted by logan09
I hate to break it to a lot of you but even if you were 18 and saved up the money for a down payment, you didn't have good enough credit yet to get a loan most likely therefore needing a co signer and ruining all credibility of you "doing it on your own"
i didnt take a loan out, all cash
Old 05-01-2013, 07:06 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by logan09
Not 100% true, but if you didn't have credit you would probably get hammered by high interest rates.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 AM
DudePreston

I am going to be sixteen in June. I have had a job since 14 and this summer I will be working full time 7 days a week. I was able to convince my paents to buy me a 350z (mostly cause i almost had the money and cause i have been so determined to get this car since i was 13) and I wanted to get it because I found a good deal on a 2005 for 10,000 I can drive it or anything until I pay for it (which I will be able to do in September) but I have been able to make some small mods to it like plasti dipping stuff, new wheels and I'm currently installing a new stereo myself.

I don't know why everybody has to judge on young people getting cool new cars. As long as they actually have to get it themselves why does it matter what age they are??
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by DudePreston
I am going to be sixteen in June. I have had a job since 14 and this summer I will be working full time 7 days a week. I was able to convince my paents to buy me a 350z (mostly cause i almost had the money and cause i have been so determined to get this car since i was 13) and I wanted to get it because I found a good deal on a 2005 for 10,000 I can drive it or anything until I pay for it (which I will be able to do in September) but I have been able to make some small mods to it like plasti dipping stuff, new wheels and I'm currently installing a new stereo myself.

I don't know why everybody has to judge on young people getting cool new cars. As long as they actually have to get it themselves why does it matter what age they are??
You are contradicting yourself

Based on your writing skills, perhaps you should spend less time at work, and more time studying.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 AM
stuartc323

At what point did you buy the car yourself?

Here is your reality check, you worked all that still dont have the money, had your parents buy you the car. Do you pay for any bills in your parents hosuehold? Do you pay for all the licensing, registration, insurance, etc.?, is all that in your name as well? Do you even have a license? What we are saying is your priorities are messed up. I just hope you can afford the upkeep on the car and if this is your first car not kill yourself. You have a lot of learning to do, be safe is all we are saying and dont be asshats in your cars. you guys take it as us bashing because your not mature enough to understand that we are just telling you the truth because we have been that age before.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 AM
DudePreston

Another thing you "older people" have to understand is that the teenage years are an excellent opportunity to save money. You still live in your parents house, no phone bill (usually, I have one but that's cause I wanted an iphone) no water, electricity, garbage, tv or food expenses. Why are you hating on someone who took advantage of that. Just because you didn't doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I do agree though that we "young people" can be reckless at times, but there are so many adults who are just as reckless. Me and my friends go to the track all the time and that won't stop when I get my liscense.

I will admit on how annoying it is when a spoiled kids parents but him a new car. Trust me I know all about that, me and my friends are the only ones who have bought their own cars. And it's just so it could be OURS and nobody else's.

All I'm sayin is know the back story before you judge.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 AM
DudePreston

And they didn't buy ME the car THEY bought it and i am going to buy it from them when I have the money. I have only driven the car a couple of times. Don't twist my words into thinking its my car cause its not. My parents bought the car so that I would be able to get that exact price in the future since its rare.

My parents aren't paying anything for my car. I am paying full price.

Last edited by DudePreston; 05-01-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 AM
stuartc323

Another thing you "older people" have to understand is that the teenage years are an excellent opportunity to save money. You still live in your parents house, no phone bill (usually, I have one but that's cause I wanted an iphone) no water, electricity, garbage, tv or food expenses. Why are you hating on someone who took advantage of that. Just because you didn't doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I do agree though that we "young people" can be reckless at times, but there are so many adults who are just as reckless. Me and my friends go to the track all the time and that won't stop when I get my liscense.

I will admit on how annoying it is when a spoiled kids parents but him a new car. Trust me I know all about that, me and my friends are the only ones who have bought their own cars. And it's just so it could be OURS and nobody else's.

All I'm sayin is know the back story before you judge.

once again you dont get it. nobody said you couldnt do that, we are just saying dont boast like you did something great, now if you came on here saying you bought your Z and your house at the same time being only 19 that is something to boast for (we would require pics of course), but you see the difference? most people dont keep their first cars so be careful, humble yourself, and listen to the people with experience on this forum, is this your first car dude?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 AM
DudePreston

Originally Posted by stuartc323
once again you dont get it. nobody said you couldnt do that, we are just saying dont boast like you did something great, now if you came on here saying you bought your Z and your house at the same time being only 19 that is something to boast for (we would require pics of course), but you see the difference? most people dont keep their first cars so be careful, humble yourself, and listen to the people with experience on this forum, is this your first car dude?
I assure you I am not boasting. I know I have it easy that is what I am saying I'm just pointing out that I'm not the kid who's parents bought him his car.

I'm not saying any of you are wrong I am just pointing out what I did and why I think it's a good choice.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:13 AM
stuartc323

And they didn't buy ME the car THEY bought it and i am going to buy it from them when I have the money. I have only driven the car a couple of times. Don't twist my words into thinking its my car cause its not. My parents bought the car so that I would be able to get that exact price in the future since its rare.

My parents aren't paying anything for my car. I am paying full price.
For one, that price is not rare for a 2005, you just dont know how to shop.
For two, so you are paying for everything yourself? you have the insurance in your name? registration in your name? title is in your name? i dont think so. Its not your car, even is you pay your parents, that car is in THEIR name until 18, crash that car and THEY get the consequences not you. Take a seat bro, like i said you have a lot of learning to do.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 AM
stuartc323

I am going to be sixteen in June. I have had a job since 14 and this summer I will be working full time 7 days a week. I was able to convince my parents to buy me a 350z (mostly cause i almost had the money and cause i have been so determined to get this car since i was 13) and I wanted to get it because I found a good deal on a 2005 for 10,000 I can drive it or anything until I pay for it (which I will be able to do in September) but I have been able to make some small mods to it like plasti dipping stuff, new wheels and I'm currently installing a new stereo myself.

I assure you I am not boasting. I know I have it easy that is what I am saying I'm just pointing out that I'm not the kid who's parents bought him his car.
I'm not saying any of you are wrong I am just pointing out what I did and why I think it's a good choice.

So much fail in this post. its all good man, your just retarded.

Last edited by stuartc323; 05-01-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 AM
DudePreston

Originally Posted by stuartc323
So much fail in this post. its all good man, your just retarded.
You are still twisting my words. Obviously I don't have the title or anything under my name but that is a given. Any teen who has a car is like that. So that is out pf the picture for this topic. What you don't seen to get is I actually pay for almost all of the insurance, gas, and work.

And it actually is a good price for what I got. They older couple i bought it from bought it new in 2006 and it has 20,000 miles on it and the interior is perfect as well as the tires and exterior.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

You are still twisting my words. Obviously I don't have the title or anything under my name but that is a given. Any teen who has a car is like that. So that is out pf the picture for this topic. What you don't seen to get is I actually pay for almost all of the insurance, gas, and work.

And it actually is a good price for what I got. They older couple i bought it from bought it new in 2006 and it has 20,000 miles on it and the interior is perfect as well as the tires and exterior.
My first car title was in my name at 16?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
DudePreston

Originally Posted by Syner
I'm not even 16 sir.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Syner
Your also in Canada, correct?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 AM
stuartc323

im not twisting anything, your the only one twisting your words. Im just pointing out your fails, which are many at this point.

And what does you almost pay for all the insurance, gas, etc, mean?

That your parents bought you the car, they pay for most of it while you pay for what you think is most of it.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...