Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My next car is def a porsche 911 turbo, Corvette or a GTR so i dont have to deal with this BS
Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 AM
smokescreen

my 2 cents: if you are old enough and financially stable enough to pay for and insure the z, by all means drive a z. The whole "with power comes responsibility" comes into play for me though, while the z isn't the most powerful car on the streets, it's got a few ponies under the hood. with that being said, don't do ricer fly bys, don't dunk your car in plastidip, mantain your car on time, and keep your head out of your ***. I know a few z owners who were gifted their z's at a young age and they respect them just as much as i do mine at 22 years old. Just be mature.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
My next car is def a porsche 911 turbo, Corvette or a GTR so i dont have to deal with this BS
Depends on which Corvette your talking. I've seen a couple teens get a hold of those too. Only cars I haven't seen much of them get are European sports cars. A GTR is a great choice too but I've driven 2 of the earlier models and they feel too normal but I don't know if they corrected that feeling in the newer ones. I actually liked my Z better than I liked the GTR up until I hammer the gas pedal.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Jah70
Depends on which Corvette your talking. I've seen a couple teens get a hold of those too. Only cars I haven't seen much of them get are European sports cars. A GTR is a great choice too but I've driven 2 of the earlier models and they feel too normal but I don't know if they corrected that feeling in the newer ones. I actually liked my Z better than I liked the GTR up until I hammer the gas pedal.

Well these are all cars i learned to drive at a young age through my mom and dad, Mom had a 1996 porsche turbo and my dad has always had a vette and i mean new vettes, but the GTR i have driven a couple times and i love it to a degree, i know what u mean about the Z feels like your actually driving but thats the great thing about ther GTR is its supposed to feel like that on turns or a straightaway u dont wheel hop on a turn. But definitely will consider any of these to prevent teens from getting them, I dont care if you have a corvette as a teen, but you wont have a brand new one,.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Jah70

Well these are all cars i learned to drive at a young age through my mom and dad, Mom had a 1996 porsche turbo and my dad has always had a vette and i mean new vettes, but the GTR i have driven a couple times and i love it to a degree, i know what u mean about the Z feels like your actually driving but thats the great thing about ther GTR is its supposed to feel like that on turns or a straightaway u dont wheel hop on a turn. But definitely will consider any of these to prevent teens from getting them, I dont care if you have a corvette as a teen, but you wont have a brand new one,.
At first no teen could get a hand on a brand new z either but then depreciation values set in and now there all over. At least with a european sports car they can't find enough money to maintain it after they buy it. The GTR will join that too because I've heard what it cost to maintain one so I don't expect any teen to get one in the future when their value starts to drop.

Last edited by Jah70; 05-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM
antifungal

you seem really butthurt.

Im gonna get a $50,000-80,000 car so i dont have to deal with this bs.

Well no ****.. You realize the value of a 350 has dropped. As i stated before you can find a used one for $10,000 whch really isnt much.. If his parents are helping him buy it or he pays them back then who cares?? Ive seen much worse.. My neighbor had a brand new GTO at age 17, countless friends had new g37s at age 17.. Camaros etc...

However for you to buy a $50,000 car based on some Forum 'bs' then you must really have some money to throw around.

*** before you accuse me of being 17, Im 22 work full time, live at home. Sue me

Last edited by antifungal; 05-03-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 PM
SD350dude

Originally Posted by Jah70
Saw some kid about 18-20 with his girlfriend in his vette.... red with black rims... oh and don't forget the trailer he was pulling... with an ATV and surfboards in it. Those surfboards were sponge boards to make it even worse. In the window of the vette you could see beach towels and other stupid ****... I wanted to crash my Z into him, steal his girlfriend, beat him senseless and burn his vette. Its a shame that his daddy ever let someone install a tow hitch in the first place...

If you care to find this vette you'll find it in the Keys in Ventura.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM
aj217

You guys are ****ing ridiculous.. Teens will get their hands on any car whether it is an m3, camaro zl1, z06 vette, it really doesn't matter. There are rich parents who buy their kids cars like these, shut the **** up and enjoy your Z.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 PM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aj217
You guys are ****ing ridiculous.. Teens will get their hands on any car whether it is an m3, camaro zl1, z06 vette, it really doesn't matter. There are rich parents who buy their kids cars like these, shut the **** up and enjoy your Z.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by aj217
It's hard to enjoy a timeless sports car when teenagers disrepect it by plasti-dipping the hell out of it and doing the whole stupid hellaflush thing. It's not the fact that a teenager is driving it, it's the fact that they put a lot of shame on the z community and makes me not want to have any association. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some old guys going through their midlife crisis do stupid **** too.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:22 PM
sambo

lol funny thread.

I will too one day sell my Z (not to a teen). It is becoming a high school car for the new age yuppie generation kids. They see these cars in foolish films like fast five and dream of getting it to just burn rubber.

I will end up getting a gtr or 911, aston or something in that area.

Most of the kids I see have stock z's with a few things coated black but nothing really modded....yet its just the 350z has become a kiddy car. I will dump it one day and leave it for the Justin beibers
Old 05-05-2013, 06:05 AM
antifungal

Originally Posted by sambo
lol funny thread.

I will too one day sell my Z (not to a teen). It is becoming a high school car for the new age yuppie generation kids. They see these cars in foolish films like fast five and dream of getting it to just burn rubber.

I will end up getting a gtr or 911, aston or something in that area.

Most of the kids I see have stock z's with a few things coated black but nothing really modded....yet its just the 350z has become a kiddy car. I will dump it one day and leave it for the Justin beibers
You sound so silly. Highly doubt you have $90k to throw on a car. Lets be realistic, if you did then you would've gotten the new car already
Old 05-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by antifungal
You sound so silly. Highly doubt you have $90k to throw on a car. Lets be realistic, if you did then you would've gotten the new car already
All he has to do is work hard and save his money like every citizen and his DB9 will be right around the corner. With a bit of luck and knowing the right people he can get it. Luck had a lot to do with me getting my Z and my M3. You just gotta praise god, buddah, Muhammad or whoever the hell people worship nowadays.

Last edited by Jah70; 05-05-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:10 AM
sambo

Lol you must still be the actual 17 yr old. I have multiple incomes I am in my thirties. Also I purchased my z almost new in 2003. Its really not hard putting 70-90k into a car if you organize your way of life.

Being realistic would be selling this car and leaving it for the yuppie generation fast five. People who work at mcdonalds are driving these cars or yuppies that got it as a gift for doing nothing. 911...gtr here I comeeeeeeeeeessssss.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Jah70

Lol you must still be the actual 17 yr old. I have multiple incomes I am in my thirties. Also I purchased my z almost new in 2003. Its really not hard putting 70-90k into a car if you organize your way of life.

Being realistic would be selling this car and leaving it for the yuppie generation fast five. People who work at mcdonalds are driving these cars or yuppies that got it as a gift for doing nothing. 911...gtr here I comeeeeeeeeeessssss.
Lol yuppie. I'm going to start saying that. The R8, 911, and GTR are great cars. I've only had the chance to drive a 2008, 2009, and another 2009 GTR. I've driven a 2008 911 turbo, and a 2011 911 4s and I prefer the porsche over the GTR because they are more fun. Never got to get my hands on an R8 or the V10 version though.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:44 PM
mann185

2002 Daihatsu Terios (MT)
2002 Daihatsu Terios (AT)
200x Toyota Soluna (Thailand's version of Toyota Tercel)
2005 350z Enthusiast
Old 05-06-2013, 02:43 PM
stuartc323

you seem really butthurt.

Im gonna get a $50,000-80,000 car so i dont have to deal with this bs.

Well no ****.. You realize the value of a 350 has dropped. As i stated before you can find a used one for $10,000 whch really isnt much.. If his parents are helping him buy it or he pays them back then who cares?? Ive seen much worse.. My neighbor had a brand new GTO at age 17, countless friends had new g37s at age 17.. Camaros etc...

However for you to buy a $50,000 car based on some Forum 'bs' then you must really have some money to throw around.

*** before you accuse me of being 17, Im 22 work full time, live at home. Sue me

1. I have nothing to be butthurt over, the fact that a teen can get my car is great, tells me i didnt spend a lot of money for a nice car. I am 22 as well turn 23 in June, I have a Masters in business and I have a great job. it has nothing to do with me throwing money around or having it to do such a thing, I have always wanted one of those cars because of my parents, so you took my comment very literal. yes the 350's value has depreciated a lot, one of the many reasons i would like to get a porsche or GTR, the value of the car wont depreciate as much.

2. Now MOST parents who are able to buy the car for their child, usually can recoup the loss of not being paid back, which usually doesnt happen because their BS reasons for getting the kid the car in the first place and because they know their kid "deserves" it for one of those BS reasons.

3. Lets give you a life lesson since it seems i might have a little bit more life experience than you. You never buy a car brand new, unless your doing that for personal reasons. It is a terrible investment. A car is considered a depreciating asset, so when i buy cars, i usually buy them used, that way most of the value that will be lost has been lost and im not recouping those losses. With that being said, it is very easy to obtain one of these cars, you just have to know how to get it and have the means. If i really wanted a 911 right now i could have my car no problem. But i got a z because it was fun to drive and at our age is the time when you build your life so your not ****ed when your 45 with nothing to show for it. Learn to use ur money right man, sure you bought a Z, but you live at home. Thats gonna be an awesome story when ur trying to ball out on chicks at the club, and you gotta explain that they have to be quiet so they dont wake up your parents.

Last edited by stuartc323; 05-06-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM
sambo

^lol..

I agree. Its all about progressing, once you get to where you want to be at- get the 911. In the next 2-4 years the 350z will be cheaper than a 240sx. By Then I will be sitting in my gtr or 911 with a feeling of joy.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Jah70

^lol..

I agree. Its all about progressing, once you get to where you want to be at- get the 911. In the next 2-4 years the 350z will be cheaper than a 240sx. By Then I will be sitting in my gtr or 911 with a feeling of joy.
The GTR is so boring man. The 350 and 370 you get more joy out of owning than the GTR. A porsche (except the panerama or that stupid suv they made) will be a good choice. They even put some ***** on the boxster recently and now it's respectable. The GTR is a good example of why you should never meet your heros because I've been disappointed by it and appreciated my Z33 more.

Last edited by Jah70; 05-07-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 AM
antifungal

1. I have nothing to be butthurt over, the fact that a teen can get my car is great, tells me i didnt spend a lot of money for a nice car. I am 22 as well turn 23 in June, I have a Masters in business and I have a great job. it has nothing to do with me throwing money around or having it to do such a thing, I have always wanted one of those cars because of my parents, so you took my comment very literal. yes the 350's value has depreciated a lot, one of the many reasons i would like to get a porsche or GTR, the value of the car wont depreciate as much.

2. Now MOST parents who are able to buy the car for their child, usually can recoup the loss of not being paid back, which usually doesnt happen because their BS reasons for getting the kid the car in the first place and because they know their kid "deserves" it for one of those BS reasons.

3. Lets give you a life lesson since it seems i might have a little bit more life experience than you. You never buy a car brand new, unless your doing that for personal reasons. It is a terrible investment. A car is considered a depreciating asset, so when i buy cars, i usually buy them used, that way most of the value that will be lost has been lost and im not recouping those losses. With that being said, it is very easy to obtain one of these cars, you just have to know how to get it and have the means. If i really wanted a 911 right now i could have my car no problem. But i got a z because it was fun to drive and at our age is the time when you build your life so your not ****ed when your 45 with nothing to show for it. Learn to use ur money right man, sure you bought a Z, but you live at home. Thats gonna be an awesome story when ur trying to ball out on chicks at the club, and you gotta explain that they have to be quiet so they dont wake up your parents.
22 with a masters and a great job? Did you start school when you were 16???

No **** you don't buy a new car. I just said $90k bc that about the average of a fairly new but used Gtr, 911, z06..

Yea I live at home. I don't care what some girl thinks about that lol. I bought a Z for $19k when I was 19.. Am I really gonna struggle living on my own when I can just have free rent and save up my money? Wouldn't that be using my money properly? Please I'm sure many guys on this forum lived with their parents until 25 at least.

But lets be honest. If you have money for a gtr or 911 ~90k, live on your own, then I highly doubt you paid for your schooling and you probably work for dads company. No need to give me life experience tips, doubt your much more experienced than I am. Be grateful you have the fundings for a dream car for many. Maybe one day I will also.

Off topic but I can just tell by the way you 'brag' that you can afford a 90k car you are secretly cheap. You just strike me as the guy who would leave 5% on a $50 bill

Here's a life lesson for you. Stop caring about what other people do. Who cares if a 16 year old drives a Z. If it really bothers you that much, get a 911 like you said. When did you get your Z?

Last edited by antifungal; 05-07-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...