Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Tires are my downfall......

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 07:54 AM
NissanJunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires are my downfall......

So i am out cruiseing like always, well i am on the highway(US 75) and a Miata , SS Montecarlo (OLD SCHOOL) and a Eclipse run up on me, well i down shift and the SS is pretty quick so he is at my bumper from 90-110, then i shift to 5th and its over but by the time i shut down i was at 136 (i dont usally go that fast) to my shock so i exit and procede to go to a party..... well i come out about a hour later and i get in, i open the door for my lady friend, get in and turn the car on, *BEEP* *BEEP* as i look up and my tire pressure on back left side is low to 14 Psi!! so i go to Quik Trip and full it up to 36, and it doesnt leak on the way home, so i park, go to sleep...

*The next day*
I wake up get in and procede to drive my lady friend home, *BEEP* *BEEP* 0 Psi in back left tire!!!!! So well **** there i am on the road about 2 blocks from my house with a flat.... so i drive to local BridgeStone shop, drop it off with Zeek in the office, (this guy looked at me and smiled with all 7 of his pearly whites, and said "boy that car sure is pretty", which really did scare me in the way he sounded like a guy off Deliverance) I so tell him i think i have a flat, and as i get on the ground to look at it, well it lookes like a steal nail with the diameter of a Qaurter, well i asked him to patch it, he nodds, and i get a ride home... 3 hours later.... I get a call "Mr. Shaw, well both of your tires have alot of wear on them and the left tire is not repairable, so with 2 new tires, your total comes to $578.99!!! Well i look in my warrenty (Should have done this in the first place) and i think that my tire is covered over my 10 year 100,000 warrenty, so i have "BigBass" towing company tow me there, it being sunday they are not open so as i follow the tow truck driver, who thinks he is a in the Indy 500 to get to the dealership while he tears through traffic, but none the less got there safely, so he unhooks me and my car is now 30 mins away in Mequite, this is sadly one of th worst and coldest dayz for me and my Z, i miss my baby already...

But to my point, who here thinks the tires will be under warrenty? (they have only 4400 miles on them, granted with a lot of burnouts, but i would still triple the wear and be fine).... with more then 1 puncture are they really un-repairable? or was this guy trying to make some $ of a 18 year old kid? (I seem to think so), And i am still stumped where i could have picked up the nails! Either on 635 where alot of consturction is going on, or when i was messing with the guys on 75, or mabe a sadistic person at the party......

Not a good sunday....

Sorry so long guys i just had to get this out....

-Mason
Old 11-24-2003, 08:00 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Usually depends on where the Nail was in the tire. Like if it was in the sidewall, they won't repair them. But in the actual tread it should be repairable.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Them Bones

ANY puncture ruins the speed rating on a speed-rated tire. Yours was the size of a quarter! That definitely can't safely be fixed. You can either look for a complete set of tires that don't cost quite as much, or pay the asking price for the two that are shot.

Also, I don't think there are any mileage guarantees on factory tires. Your extended warranty should say in writing whether it covers them.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Jeff Holt

Default I know what you are going through

I have 2400 miles on my car and friday night I got a HUGE chunk of steel in my tire and it is to close to the side wall for anyone to repair. Mine is also the size of a quarter. I'm so pissed!! My dealer cant do anything (not I would expect them too). I went to a firestone dealer and they said it would be $255.00 DAMNIT!!! I went online to tirerack and it is being shipped here overnight for $219.00 The tire is only $168. The stupid thing is that I ordered it sat AM and they still havent approved the trans. Once I told them I need it overnight everything went straight through and will be here tomorrow. I dont have much choice b/c I have to drive to Atlanta weds pm for turkey day. Now I really have alot to be thankful for. Woo Hoo!!
Old 11-24-2003, 08:06 AM
NissanJunkie

I have a set of the G35 tires, but havent put them on yet, because i was saving for a special time, i got all 4 for $100 dont ask how, but i hear the Pilots are not bad, but yet i wanna get some more wear outta the ones i have.

The nail was in teh middle of the tread....not the side wall
Old 11-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Jeff Holt

I had Pilots on my Maxima before I traded it in and the were the ****!!! Better then any swaybar or FSTB ever thought of being. Once I get me wheels I will DEFINITELY get another set!
Old 11-24-2003, 08:12 AM
Whataguy5431

Durn good thing your tire didn't blow at 135, could have been a lot worse of a Sunday. GL wilth the tire replacement, I'd probably just replace all with the SO-3s. Just file it under "CHIT HAPPENS!"
Old 11-24-2003, 10:35 AM
bobS

All directional performance tires are expensive (the good ones that is) Such is life, u bought a sports car, tires are expensive. Man diameter of a quarter? that is fricken huge and i would never want that tire to be repaired.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:46 AM
NissanJunkie

So i get my car back from Nissan and its $89, which i am ok with, but as i drive home and park, i wake up the next morning and the tire meter goes off, 2Psi, well ****, i thought they fixed it, i guess not, so i fill it up and back today i go again to the dealership to get my car fixed, if the tire is not repaired for free i am no going to my current Dealer any more!! TROPHY NISSAN BLOWS