2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Carrying a firearm in your Z??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 AM
piggiehandcuffs
VO's GF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebiros
I think about the only place my Taurus Judge would fit is in the cubby behind the passenger, which would be a pointless place for easy access. I have been thinking about buying a Glock 29 and then mounting a latching type holster onto the pad by the driver's knee. It would hold it at arms reach, below the ignition switch, not too visible when the driver is seated and unseen from the passenger side. It would only be a place to be held while I was in the vehicle and the gun would be carried on me if I left the car. It wouldn't be a good place to store it if you weren't in the car because it would be visible from the driver's window. Good luck
That's a good easily reachable place. Sucks I'm a lefty.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:02 AM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by piggiehandcuffs
That's a good easily reachable place. Sucks I'm a lefty.
You can probably fab a mount for the door? I mean, I wouldn't store it there, like stated above, but I'm pretty sure it could be done without making it too obvious.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:04 AM
DaveSB

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If i'm just cruising around, mine is wedged between the center console and the passenger seat, to the right of the shifter. My Kimber 1911 fits there nicely and is an easy grab. Long distance is in the little cubby behind the pass. seat, above the glove box. I've thought about mounting a holster somewhere.. however, my current way works well enough.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Busaboy

Default I have not found a good solution yet

As a retired police officer I think all honest, law abiding citizens should be armed. Not because they are afraid but because anyone is capable of anything at anytime. Staying away from situations or places that may put you in danger is good common sense but it will not eliminate the unexpected. Z's are good looking cars and look much more expensive than they are, although most of the sweet ones on this forum are actually as expensive as they look, and this is like a neon sign saying I have money. Even out of our cars we are like everyone else, a potential target. Some varmints/crooks are calculated but many many more just do things "because".
Therefore, it is prudent to be armed and proficient. You can call 911 but you may not have the several minutes it takes for the police to respond, doing the best they can. You must be prepared to defend yourself. Off my soap box now.
My wife is almost always with me so I carry my Glock .40 in a nylon holster in the seat organizer behind her seat. Not the best for speed but it is out of sight and an easy reach. I like the idea of attaching a holster down by my leg but have not figured that one out yet.
If anyone has done this I would appreciate a photo
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^ Exactly!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 AM
DaveSB

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^+2
Old 06-04-2011, 12:01 PM
tepidy

long pants put it in an ankle rig. shorts keep it in a fanny pack/ bag. There is a company that makes a all steel locking gun box that bolts into many center consoles. Have to find the name and if they may make one for our vehicles. I now they make for toyota tacoma's

Last edited by tepidy; 06-04-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:46 PM
InsaneWang

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebiros
I think about the only place my Taurus Judge would fit is in the cubby behind the passenger, which would be a pointless place for easy access. I have been thinking about buying a Glock 29 and then mounting a latching type holster onto the pad by the driver's knee. It would hold it at arms reach, below the ignition switch, not too visible when the driver is seated and unseen from the passenger side. It would only be a place to be held while I was in the vehicle and the gun would be carried on me if I left the car. It wouldn't be a good place to store it if you weren't in the car because it would be visible from the driver's window. Good luck
My question is this, what kind of SH*T do you think you are going to run into that you CARRY a judge with you? That's just overkill

As far as carrying my gun in the Z, North Carolina has an open carry law so it just sits in the passenger seat with one in the chamber just in case somebody thinks they wanna do something.

Also, if you don't agree with owning a gun I have one question for you. Have you ever had your house broken into? I have. Unfortunately I was at work so I couldn't stop the person but that's why I own firearms.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:36 PM
archangele

OK, i tried the Model 29 S&W in the little compartment behind the driver's seat and it fits fine. This is a good sized revolver with about a 7" barrel in .44 mag. I can also fit a couple speed loaders in there as well. It will also handle a couple speed loaders and my COlt Trooper Mark III (.357 Mag.) as for a carry, my preference is a Walther PPK. These old veterans are accurate and fit my hand well. I'm also partial to them because I am used to them and can hit every time with any of these three. Be forewarned, the Model 29 does have a substantial recoil. But it can penetrate car doors like a stick of butter. Heck, it can shoot holes in aluminum engine blocks if the need arises. It is expensive to shoot unless you reload, though.

Last edited by archangele; 06-15-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 PM
ghostz06

i just have a bat behind the drivers seat ... lol
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 PM
JLS2GOZ

There is a new holster strap out that attaches to most steering columns that will hold your holster to the under side. This keeps you in compliance with conceal laws and makes it even more accessible than one you or in a compartment. You also get the jump on the draw, even an attempt of a.car jacking, they will not necessarily see you draw. I'm ordering one this weekend.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 AM
lowcountryz

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
There is a new holster strap out that attaches to most steering columns that will hold your holster to the under side. This keeps you in compliance with conceal laws and makes it even more accessible than one you or in a compartment. You also get the jump on the draw, even an attempt of a.car jacking, they will not necessarily see you draw. I'm ordering one this weekend.
please post pics of installed
Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lowcountryz
please post pics of installed
Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 AM
moose350z

I think this is what most are wanting...

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/
Old 06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^nice, although I have gotten use to it being on my hip while driving(thanks Kut and Novesh for making me aware it is not about the comfort) This would be nice for when traveling long distances.

Question to LEOs, would this still be considered conceal?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:50 PM
JLS2GOZ

This is what one looks like........
Attached Thumbnails Carrying a firearm in your Z??-steer-con.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
Question to LEOs, would this still be considered conceal?
I would consider it "plain view" so I would say no.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:53 PM
JLS2GOZ

Another view..... great for us Righties Eh, wrong pic
Attached Thumbnails Carrying a firearm in your Z??-steer-con.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 PM
JLS2GOZ

Here we go.........
Attached Thumbnails Carrying a firearm in your Z??-steer-con.1.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Z_HighSpeed

LOL

Honestly if I walked up after stopping you and saw that you'd be on the floor spread out.

Quick Reply: Carrying a firearm in your Z??