Old 05-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Z_HighSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get a carry permit in nj.

Its almost impossible but you can try.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Sor

Last edited by Sor; 05-25-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:06 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here we go

Last edited by jerseystyle; 05-25-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Wu-Watt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup now its Canada vs the hispanic community!!! Lmfao
Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Is it me or is "Sor" coming off as a total idiot?

Who can come up with the best acronym for his name?

Sorry Ontario Reject?

Come on, I know you all can do better
Old 05-25-2011, 04:57 PM
jduet

Originally Posted by Wu-Watt
Yup now its Canada vs the hispanic community!!! Lmfao
My money is on the hispanics. Go Brown!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Amirs350z

Yeah... I'm gonna wait until it comes back to customizing 1911's lol...
Old 05-25-2011, 07:15 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
The only state I could compare AZ's prices to (where I was old enough to buy a handgun) is California lmao.

80 bucks was a small price to pay. Now it's free since we passed that recent law loosening the rules of concealment.

Originally Posted by Kimosabe
You say self defense, but honestly, how messed up is the place that you are living that you need a gun to protect yourself?
Crime doesn't discriminate. Is it that hard to understand? Violence is everywhere - ghetto or gated community. It doesn't matter where you live. Where do you think the criminals go to get quality goods?

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
It's like locks. It only keeps honest people honest. A crook will find a way to break your defenses in one way or another.
+1
Old 05-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Kimosabe

Originally Posted by SmoothZ

Crime doesn't discriminate. Is it that hard to understand? Violence is everywhere - ghetto or gated community. It doesn't matter where you live. Where do you think the criminals go to get quality goods?

+1
Agreed crime doesn't discriminate. But where I live, as long you don't go looking for it, you are okay. Like I said, I have never been in a situation where a gun was needed. And I don't know a single soul who would say otherwise. Maybe Canada is just that much safer of a nation. If you are living in constant fear that you feel a gun will save you so be it. It's your right, but we don't need it here, hence you don't see majority of Canadians demanding it. We don't feel that it's an infringement of our rights. If a guy breaks into my house and steals my "goods" so be it. I have insurance for that, but last thing I want is to get into a gun fight where other innocent people can get hurt.

I suppose life experiences will create a form of bias around this subject. Hence it's easy for me to say no to guns. I can understand your perspectives, but try to understand ours.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Haha! I agree that law abiding citizens live in 'hoods that feel safer and they probably don't go looking for trouble.

Canada is 'safer' because their population to land ratio is lopsided. I'm sure a lot of it goes unreported, too.

BTW, I hope that comment about living in constant fear wasn't directed at me. For years, I didn't live with a gun in my house and felt fine. Even now, if I didn't have a gun in my house I'd still feel fine. That's what bats and crowbars are for. I choose or opt to exercise my right by having a weapon that needs registration. No big deal.

I do understand the Canadian perspective. Wasn't harping on it per se.

Last edited by SmoothZ; 05-26-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 PM
HDPDZO6

Agreed crime doesn't discriminate. But where I live, as long you don't go looking for it, you are okay. Like I said, I have never been in a situation where a gun was needed. And I don't know a single soul who would say otherwise. Maybe Canada is just that much safer of a nation. If you are living in constant fear that you feel a gun will save you so be it. It's your right, but we don't need it here, hence you don't see majority of Canadians demanding it. We don't feel that it's an infringement of our rights. If a guy breaks into my house and steals my "goods" so be it. I have insurance for that, but last thing I want is to get into a gun fight where other innocent people can get hurt.

I suppose life experiences will create a form of bias around this subject. Hence it's easy for me to say no to guns. I can understand your perspectives, but try to understand ours.
I have a firearm with me just about 24/7:
  • I do not carry because I am fearful
  • I do not carry because it makes me feel more than what I am
I carry because:
  • Part of my job
  • My right as a citizen
  • I would rather have it on me and not need it than to need it and not have
You indicate you understand the USA perspective, yet you take quips at us (fearful, etc.) while stating your position. As far as how this turned into a Canada vs USA debate... Ask your neighbor that threw the first stone. The OP merely asked a question about firearm stowage in a 350Z and received a political dissertation from some Canadians in regards to the merits of firearm ownership.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:22 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

^^^^ well said and 100% correct sir!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM
chrisjersey06

Old 05-27-2011, 03:30 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

^^^^ Ha Ha Ha! Nice AT4!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Wu-Watt

Originally Posted by chrisjersey06
C'mon man? LOL
Seriously.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
fbachman

Default Unfortunately, misinformed....

Originally Posted by Sor
I know the perfect picture for you.

From your statement, that would mean that citizens having guns would make the country safe from criminals. Therefore, America should be the safest country in the world, right? Far from it. Little did you know is that when you start allowing any dumbass to carry a gun around, one of them is going to go and shoot up a campus or rob a store.

And trust me, we really don't have many criminals around here. Even in Jane and Finch.
Unfortunately, misinformed...We are not even in the top HALF of the highest intentional homicide regions of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate
Old 05-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jduet
My money is on the hispanics. Go Brown!!!
LOL... I just read this
Old 05-28-2011, 07:46 AM
piggiehandcuffs
VO's GF

Please read my point about stupid people and guns. If you haven't figured it out yet, my concern in regards to owning gun, is because of stupid people.

The right to own anything should be a freedom to everyone. But stupid people ruin that right. So how does one mitigate that risk? Weigh the pros and cons with measurable statistics. If you can prove that owning a fire arm has deterred more crime and violence than it has provoked it then it would speak for itself. But the truth is, and ask yourself this, have you ever been in a situation where your life was at risk and your gun saved your life? Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't and maybe it will. But look at all the violence and deaths that have been caused by people who owned firearms or were held in households. In Canada, there are people who have illegal firearms, it's impossible to get rid of a 100%. But the fight in keeping them out of the hands of the wrong people, is on going and I believe it does make a difference.
There are laws set in place in Florida at least, that prevent some people from owning/carrying weapons. If you've ever been Baker acted you can't get a CWP. If you're a convicted felon you can't carry/own a gun. You would not believe how many people get their guns taken away because they have a felony past.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 AM
piggiehandcuffs
VO's GF

Originally Posted by Sor

Look who finally shows up at the party. Where did you go? I missed you. The dude who claims he's from Canada and raves about all the gang problems in this country with no facts, whatsoever. You sir, are the biggest idiot on this thread. Congratulations.
"Youth gangs
See also: Category:Gangs in Toronto

In his 1945 book Street Gangs in Toronto: A Study of the Forgotten Boy,[10] Kenneth H. Rogers identified the following gangs active at that time in the following areas of the city:

* Moss Park - Riverdale: Brown Gang, Grey Gang, Porter Gang
* Withrow Park: Beavers, Britch Gang, Graphic Gang (Rogers refers to at least 4 other unnamed gangs in this area)
* North Toronto: Evans Gang, King Gang, Wunkies
* Rosedale: Arnot Gang, Basket Gang, Black Gang, Green Gang, Grey Gang (Rogers refers to 2 other unnamed gangs in this area)
* Bathurst & Queen: Aces Gang, Aggies, Bridge Gang, Cardinal Group, George Gang, Harris Gang, Mix Gang, Park Gang, Rustler Gang, Trapper Gang

Most of these gangs were simply loose-knit groups of juvenile delinquents involved mainly in low-level, petty crimes such as gambling, shop-lifting, and pick-pocketing (Rogers was actually robbed by members of the King Gang while attempting to interview them). The composition of the gangs were mainly poor caucasian youth of British descent, although some were more ethnically diverse such as the George Gang (Jewish), the Mix Gang (Black), and the Aggies (Polish & Ukranian).

Recently, gang related incidents have been on the rise. Between the years of 1997 and 2005 over 300 gang-related deaths have occurred. American gang experts have been brought in and increased funding for programs in troubled neighbourhoods have been recently initiated. Other organizations, including the New York City-based group Guardian Angels, have come to Toronto despite the massive displeasure of city residents, city officials, and politicians. Despite these incidents, Toronto police have made significant arrests of gang members, which has resulted in fewer illegal guns on the streets. In late September 2005, Toronto police arrested 44 members of the Rexdale-based "Ardwick Blood Crew" also known as A.B.C. Over 1,000 charges were laid. Then in May 2006, 106 additional gang members were apprehended, who were part of Rexdale's "Jamestown Crips", in the largest gang sweep in Toronto's history. In total, there were over 1,000 charges laid in the anti-gang offensive called Project XXX.[11] In June 2007, Toronto police arrested about 95 people, including leaders of the Jane and Finch-based "Driftwood Crips" and the sister of Jordan Manners, for a lengthy list of 700 criminal charges.[12] Other initiatives include a recent announcement by the Ontario government that they will contribute half the cost of hiring an additional 250 police officers. However, this is viewed by some as a reactionary move to the increased violence. There has also been an increase in social spending, which is aimed at community projects, and getting businesses to hire "at-risk youth" to get them away from gangs. The Ontario government has also come up with an anti-gun strategy.[13]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Toronto

Oh this must be untrue Sor... There possibly can't be a gang issue in Toronto. Oh and look they even mention Jane and Finch like I did previously.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Nebiros

Originally Posted by BrickyardZ2003
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any other Z owners carried their firearm(s) in their Z when not on their persons? My full size Glock won't fit well anywhere other than the rear floor compartment, which I know for a fact is legal, but I can fit my subcompact into the little cubby hole in the front dash (where the stock nav system would go), however I really am curious of the legalities. Planning on going to the local PD to ask them on Monday, but I'd like to know if any other Z owners carry in certain spots in their cars with good luck? Thanks guys,

Jeff
I think about the only place my Taurus Judge would fit is in the cubby behind the passenger, which would be a pointless place for easy access. I have been thinking about buying a Glock 29 and then mounting a latching type holster onto the pad by the driver's knee. It would hold it at arms reach, below the ignition switch, not too visible when the driver is seated and unseen from the passenger side. It would only be a place to be held while I was in the vehicle and the gun would be carried on me if I left the car. It wouldn't be a good place to store it if you weren't in the car because it would be visible from the driver's window. Good luck

Quick Reply: Carrying a firearm in your Z??