Need you guys consolation, please T_T

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Yifu Qiao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need you guys consolation, please T_T

How are you guys doing..?
My car got hit by a truck today.
I was on 10 freeway near downtown, LA area.
And that truck just changed lanes without even noticing I was next to him.
The second I notice I got hit, I found my left side mirror is gone.

Can't believe my Z got hit, I am always really careful on public road, because I know the only one I can trust is myself and I can't do anything to others cars on the road..

here are some pictures of my damaged Z:

The truck driver gave me some really wired insurance information.
It says the insurance company is call ACORD, I tried to call the insurance company, they only have voice mail, telling me that the the office hour is from 8:00am - 4:00 pm. I think the driver was Spanish, so I can't say he fully understand me. But he insisted that the ACORD was the insurance, and the accident report number is the number I just called.

I got all the information from him including his driver license and truck license and . And then, we just left the accident scene.

I feel really regret right now.. I probably should have called police.
this is the first time I got hit... so i am not sure if I did it right or not..

I just hope everything will be alright after I call his insurance company tommorrow, or not I will probably go to the police station and report the case.

does anyone has similar experience? I hope not, but if you do, can you share me some advices and some solutions to possible worst cases(like fake insurance info ,etc.)
Need some advices.'

Best.
Yifu
Old 07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Always call the police to get a police report filed.

I got shafted one time. Exchanged info with the other person that backed into me when I was still driving my old car, and apparently their insurance been expired. Nothing I can really do beyond that point.

My insurance company couldn't do much about it and ended up either me leaving the car as is (it was a very minor dent), or I'd have to pay deductibles to get it fixed.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:17 PM
MaelstrØm

Deteria is right, call the station and file the police report immediately. Your insurance is going to want a police report. Depending on where you live, you may have 24 hours to report the damage. The damage does not look all that bad, but it could add up given you may need a new wheel, paint, etc.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
BlackFaytZ

To the best of my knowledge, The police in LA will not file a report unless there is bodily injuries. I know this because, i had gotten into a car accident and called the police. They arrive and asked if anyone was hurt. We both said no, in their response they said to exchange information, that it'll be an insurance matter and then promptly left.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Yifu Qiao

Originally Posted by BlackFaytZ
To the best of my knowledge, The police in LA will not file a report unless there is bodily injuries. I know this because, i had gotten into a car accident and called the police. They arrive and asked if anyone was hurt. We both said no, in their response they said to exchange information, that it'll be an insurance matter and then promptly left.
IC.
right now, I am worried about his insurance company, because I tried to find 24-hour accident claim phone number on the insurance company website, no luck.

I called the number the truck driver told me, and I only got notice that there will only be someone picking up the phones from 8:00am - 4:00 pm..
I thought every insurance company should have a direct accident report phone line? I dont have a lot of American experience, so I could be wrong.

from the website.. honestly it doesn't look like a auto insurance company website. but it looks like a insurance company who does insure other companies... damn... I am not sure what to do now.

I guess the best I can do if wait until 8:00am tommorrow and call the insurance company. I hope everything will be alright..

Thanks for you guys reply.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:11 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

a good buffing is needed.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 AM
teamevolution2

damn that sucks to me it looks like the seem at the door jam is bent and the lip of your rim got ****ed. sorry to hear that good luck
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Spider Monkey

LMFAO bro you got trolled hard. ACORD is a standard. Like the metric system is a standard for measurement, ACORD is a set of standards for forms and **** for insurance. He gave you a form of some kind from an insurance company of some kind, but ACORD wasn't the name of the insurance company.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What do those decals mean...
Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Call your insurance agent have them deal with the other side's insurance. You're wasting your time trying to contact his insurance.

If this ever happens again:
1. Call police if necessary.
2. Take pics of the area and damages to both cars.
3. Get all information necessary including license plate #, license from driver, address and insurance.
4. If he is willing to pay out of pocket then get an estimate for the damages and let the other party know. Then give him no more than 3 days to a full week to send you a check. If nothing shows time to escalate.
5. Contact YOUR insurance and have them get the money from his insurance. Do not try to get it from them yourself. You will get the run around and won't get very far.