2004 Super Black Track

- DVD Nav
- Floor Mats
- Splash Guards
- Aluminum Kick Plates
- Trunk Mat

MSRP: $37,090

I'm going to offer $37,000 flat, but, the dealer throws in:

- Factory leather seats ($900 w/ install by dealer)
- 3M clear bra (Hood, Fender, Mirror, Bumper, Wheel Opening, Door Sill and Headlamp kits) ($650 + install costs)

Is this a fair deal?

N.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*bump*
N.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:53 PM
dchengmd

I'd say that's a decent deal, considering that '04 track models with NAV and the options you listed go for more than $37k. I'd suggest starting from invoice price and working up to $37000 when you try to make this deal.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Nothing

I don't get what you're saying. If you say they go for "more" than $37,000 then it wouldn't be a fair deal (by fair, I mean fair to both me and the dealer... a deal a dealer could live with and still make some money). I'm basing my judgement off of the fact that most people are getting between $1,000 - $2,000 off of MSRP on their Zs. This time of year where I live is also fairly hard to move Zs. I'm basically offering to pay MSRP on the actual car and options, but getting some other stuff thrown in that equals about $1,500.

Total MSRP on the car I want would be about $38,500 with the leather and clear bra. I'm offering to pay $37,000.

N.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:12 PM
RJW0501

PM if your serious. My best friend is a Nissan dealer. Tell me what equipment you want, and the dealership you want to buy itfrom and I will let him know. He got my car from Texas, and flat bedded it in.why would he do this you ask? Aside from being a great guy{unlike most car dealers}he's thinking about becoming a vender here, and it would be good P.R.

P.M. me if interested.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Nothing

I don't understand what you are offering.
N.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:29 PM
dchengmd

Have you understood *any* of the responses you've gotten so far?

I'm saying with the extra stuff thrown in, my opinion is that $37k is a decent deal, if you can get it. Exactly what part of that don't you understand?
Old 12-30-2003, 01:33 PM
Nothing

The part where I'm asking dealers if it's a good / acceptable deal for them. I'm not asking myself if it's a good deal... what kind of sense would that make? I know what is acceptable to myself and what I'm willing to pay. The title of this thread is directed to dealers. I'm looking for the dealer's perspective. You answered giving the buyer's perspective. That made no sense. And it still makes no sense.

pt - Reading comprehension is a critical element to success.
N.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:01 PM
miZer

what people fail to understand when buying a vehicle is that dealerships are in business to make money. If they can't make money then they cannot sell you a car for "under invoice." Hell if they don't make any money... then what is the point?

If a dealership sells you a car for "under invoice" then he is basically writing you a check for the difference under invoice... or what we all like to call losing money.

I can respect Nothing's offer becuase it is right at MSRP. He did however ask for certain things extra, which I find most dealers won't do. But never know. Oh well my post doesn't really relate so im going to bow out.

GL
Old 12-30-2003, 05:01 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by Nothing
The part where I'm asking dealers if it's a good / acceptable deal for them. I'm not asking myself if it's a good deal... what kind of sense would that make? I know what is acceptable to myself and what I'm willing to pay. The title of this thread is directed to dealers. I'm looking for the dealer's perspective. You answered giving the buyer's perspective. That made no sense. And it still makes no sense.

pt - Reading comprehension is a critical element to success.
N.
Based on your explanation above, your entire line of questioning makes no sense. As miZer mentioned, dealerships are in the business to make as much money as they can, not to cut you a deal. Now, if you were to ask "would any of you dealers out there take this deal?" then you might actually get some responses that "made sense to you", but even then I can't see why any dealers/salesmen perusing this board would bother replying, since you are trying to squeeze them.

And besides - why not just go to the dealership you're planning to buy from and ASK them? What does it matter what other people here say?

Regardless, I'm done with this thread. Your last remark above only proves you're a boneheaded jerk.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:40 PM
RJW0501

Nothing- don't listen to these guys. You came on the forum and asked a valid question. If M.S.R.P. is what you said, I don't think a dealer would have a problem giving you leather(900.00)and a clear bra(650.00)that would be a 1550.00 discount off sticker. Depending on what the market value in your area is for the Z(some dealers are still getting M.S.R.P.)that may be a good deal.
If you still want some help P.M. me, I'll help you!-I think you can still get a better deal off M.S.R.P. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:52 AM
Nothing

dcheng - again, you fail to miss the point. I hope you are not really an MD, or some university truly failed you. I must ask you to reread my post for a third time and to reassess your idea of the purpose of car dealerships.

A. My question is relevant and unique because I'm not talking simply dollars off of MSRP. I was taking a survey of some of the vast majority of dealers around the country that might visit this board to see if they would be willing to take a few extra steps in order to get my business and if, after taking those extra steps, the deal I am offering would still be profitable for them. That is a valid question.

B. You have a warped concept of car dealerships if you think the sole purpose of their existence is to squeeze as much money from the consumer as possible. Here, your lack of business sense is defeating you. The purposes of car dealerships are manifold. For example, car dealerships originated as a means for car OEMs to get their products to market. The more people that drive a certain car, the more free advertising the OEM gets. Car manufacturers have a business model based on volume, not margin. The more cars they sell, the better. Car dealerships' main purpose is to sell the cars. Market force demand that dealerships don't take huge margins for themselves. This force is called competition. Dealers compete amongst each other. If you understood this clearly, then you would obviously not have challenged my original question because it would have been obvious to you that I was asking if any of the dealers out there could make this deal work. And finally, there is still no excuse for you poor initial interpretation of my question where you thought I was asking if the deal was fair to me when the thread is clearly addressed to car dealers. Now you are done with this thread.

miZer - I PMed you back yesterday regarding your last question.

rjw0501 - Thank you for the offer, but I'm just not clear on how your friend can help me? You said to tell you what dealership I'm interested in buying from... how does this work into the equation? The specs I want are listed in my first post. What more information would you need?

N.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:46 PM
cdmorris

Being a nissan salesman and Z lover I'd say its a fair deal. However, you'd probably do betta to get the 3m clear bra at with an outside vendor. Hope everything works out!
Old 01-01-2004, 01:46 AM
azizam77

one other thing to consider is that a dealer makes good money on cars even if they are sold below invoice. in fact, if you pay anything over invoice the dealership is making a KILLING!

Its no secret about invoices now...you know the invoice and so does the dealer....what you dont know is how much holdback the dealer gets from the manuf. This varies by dealership/volume/location etc...but believe me...selling a car at or slightly below invoice is MORE than fair for the dealer.. because they'll get the holdback from the manuf, they'll get you're financing interest, and they'll get a car's lifetime worth of maintenance cash out of you....

am
Old 01-02-2004, 12:13 AM
miZer

havent forgot about you nothing... new years and all... ill take a look at everything when i get back into the office... and will pm you back in due time.

jeremy
Old 01-05-2004, 05:28 AM
Nothing

In case anyone was interested in knowing some results... I took my above offer to several dealers in the Chicago area this weekend and each of them jumped all over it. This can only mean one thing... I offered too much. None of them even hesitated... I could almost see the dollar signs in their eyes...lol. So, there are actually a couple more dealers that I haven't approached and I'm not going to have to revise my offer downward. I'm thinking:

All of the above +

The extended 2 year warrenty for:

$36,000 flat and 5% financing rate. This will probably stimulate some negotiations, but I think it's a good starting point.

N.