Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So is this z32 worth trading for my 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM
brian2193

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So is this z32 worth trading for my 350z?

I have an 06 enthusiast that now has 28.6k miles
Clean title

Begin forwarded message:

1994 300ZX Twin Turbo Black w/Tan leather & sued interior. I have most every receipt not only from me but from the original owner. Many parts bought through Coz at*http://www.conceptzperformance.com built & maintained at*http://www.jerdevelopment.com *Block built by*http://www.importpartspro.com The Car was finished in July of 2009. Its set up as a daily driver at only 12psi so there is room if you want more power. New engine has maybe 10,10.5K miles on it. It just drives locally, to L.A. for Z32 club, otherwise its 7 miles to work. The tranny has been gone through, its stock with a lightened flywheel and race metal clutch.*

We can meet at JER development and you can have them tell you all about it and check out your car too.*

I'm sure I'll be forgetting some things but this should get us started. I just replaced the clutch, mater & slave cylinders, and had the breaks done. Again, all at JER

BLOCK WORK:

Inspected & Acid Dipped

Re-decked

Water Passage Bored Out for more H2O flow to Back Cylinders

Bored & Honed Using Torque Plat

Crank Center Weight Tig Welded

*ENGINE:

Crank Balanced

Moly Coated Race Spec Main & Rod Bearings

WISECO 88mm Pistons

EAGLE Rods – VG30

JWT Sport 500

JWT Eprom (Flashed, re-flashed, and new)

300-DEGREE Complete Fuel Rail Kit

NISMO 555cc Injectors

EFI 1995 MT - Harness Assembly

NISMO Thermostat

OEM - Lifters

OEM Oil Pump

OEM - Head Bolt Kit

OEM Engine Cover (note to self - $86.25)

POWER ENTERPRISE Timing Belt

STILLEN Oil Cooler

PCV Complete Kit

Plenum Hose Kit

Timing Belt Kit w/UR Belts 120K (all spacers, hoses, gaskets, pulley assembly, etc.

Complete Turbo Gasket & Hose Kit

Engine Gasket Repair Kit Plus

JWT Dual Pop Kit w/Two Pop Chargers, and Eprom (MT/555cc)

HKS SSBOV

... *Down Pipes

… Test Pipes

STILLEN Cat Back w/ZR-Tip - 3" No catalytic converters*

Z1 Side Mount Intercoolers

Downpipe/Test-pipe Exhaust Gasket Kit

OEM Intercooler Hoses (R & L) Plenum

SAMCO Coolant Hose, Blue

CZP KOYO Radiator

*DRIVETRAIN:

CZP Stainless Clutch Line

CZP Clutch Pivot Ball

ACT HD Street Clutch

STILLEN Aluminum Flywheel

**BRAKES & SUSSPENSION:

EIBACH Pro-Kit Springs

TOKICO Illumia’s

STILLEN Front & Rear Sway Bars

STILLEN Adj. Tension Rods

STILLEN Lower Control Arms

STILLEN Adj. Cambers

STILLEN XD Cross Drilled Rotors

Plus:
All interior dash lights converted to LED's
Carbon fiber sticker thing for gauges w/alluminum rings to make it look like an actual gauge (check pix)
HID's
Smoke clear corners, side markers, JDM rear tail lights, custom illuminated rear 300X center panel, LED bulbs in each
Defi 60mm Imperial Gauges - white, these are the ones that don't light up unless the lights are on. One is Boost, one is Oil
Defi controller II - the Daisy chain system
HKS tubo timer*
Greddy Profec B-spec II boost controller
Apexi AFC - air fuel controller
Pioneer AVIC Z2 navagation
JL Audio 12" Sub
JL Audio 250/1 amp & 300/4 amp
6" component speakers with crossover & tweeters - I just can't recall the name for the life of me... you can see by the other stuff its not gonna be a crappy pair though.
I have side skirts for it but not on the car yet.

Cons:
Driver seat has a tear and needs a new cover
Undercarriage engine cover needs to be replaced (making the front facia stick out cuz there isn't much to hold it taught)
Paint - front facia get scraped due to being so low and its pitted - not an eye sore but you get up close and its noticeable
Rear bumper has a crack. Paint peel for about 2"*
passenger side rear fender needs light body work - notice pix please

I have the stock center console pieces so you can take the electronics out if you want and do something else.

3 pics are from last night some are older but give you a better view inside & out. I'm an adult who has properly maintained this car.*

Here are the damaged body areas - My buddy owns a body shop and I was going to trade hime some music gear for body & paint work: These are the pix I gave him

Old 07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
skeetzee

anny pictures of this z32? it depends on you, sounds like a really fun car, but you will also give up reliability and daily driveabliltiy, its all on you.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:22 PM
brian2193

I forgot the TT's didn't come with backseats so I don't think I'll get it
Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Urbz

neither did the Z33......
Old 07-17-2012, 02:33 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hell no. almost 20 year old modified car that looks outdated inside and out. no thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What are the compression and leakdown numbers of the engine? Where is a dyno with an AFR?

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
hell no. almost 20 year old modified car that looks outdated inside and out. no thanks
:-0 ! ! !
Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Lil Dre

off topic, but i love your scotts
Old 07-17-2012, 03:52 PM
!Z!

I think i should chime in on this. I have had 4 Z's in the past 4 years 2 300zx one being a twin turbo and 2 350z's. The 300zx are my favorite cars especially the twin turbo. I bought a twin turbo in jun 2011 and sold in in feb 2012 cause within those 7-8 months i was making 400whp but i replaced a clutch and transmission. With my 2003 350z and my 2007 (currenct Z) i havent had any major problems out of my 350z's. And i beat it way more then my twin turbo. I say that to say this if you have the money for the maintence on a 300 the timing belt injector problems and the un reliability of that car being that old then go for it. If i had the money i would keep my 07 and my 94 twin turbo. But trading the 350z for a 300zx i dont think i will do that again....
Old 07-17-2012, 04:02 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll summarize...
If you had a 300zx,went to a 350,you'll note a big difference.
Go to a 370 from a 350...quite a difference.
With the new Z platform coming maybe 2014,will be
a substantial improvement over the 370.
Of course,this is technical features.Styling?dunno.

Its evolution.
If the car makers did'nt improve they would'nt sell cars.

Keep your 350 or,buy a 370 if you wanna go up.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Duckeee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i considered it for a week, selling my car and using the extra to buy a Z32 TT. i can tell you im SO glad i kept my Z33.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
brian2193

Ok thanks guys. I want my Z but I hate the fact it only has 2 seats so I was thinking of getting a G but they're all crap on Craigslist -_-
Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
CannMann21

Dont be afraid to drive a bit if the car is worth it...you could also have one shipped, but that can be risky. I was going to buy a car in the US and bring it over to Canada, but I ended up finding a deal in my city. If you can be patient, you will be rewarded.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:42 AM
BigRez
Banned

The guy cant even spell brakes
Old 07-22-2012, 12:47 AM
MaelstrØm

As a prior z32 owner, I can tell you absolutely not. Z32s are awesome cars, however they begin to systematically fall apart, and some of the repairs are insanely expensive. Stock Z32s are highly desired, because custom setups are like buying a pair of used custom shoes. They might look ok, but they never fit.

Performance mods like those on the Z32 should be valued at basically zero when you go to resell the car, because they are potentially all failure points. Turbos get old quickly, oversized rotors wear out, heater cores leak. When my Z32 was in the last years of life, I spent a fortune just keeping it up.

No, forget 20+ year old turbo cars.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:39 PM
MichaelBeerZ

I had a TT Z32. I also test drove some 350Zs because I wanted a newer car. The 300 wins in my book. Now I got lucky and had a stock one with only 82,000 miles on it. Never had a problem and even daily drove it. I also took road trips in it. Went from Atlanta to Texas. Very comfortable and no problems whatsoever. The biggest thing for me is unless you go F/I with the 350 the power is unmatched. Every 350 I drove was just slow. They are fun cars but I still wanted power which sorry it didn't have. So it does really depend on the kind of person you are. What do you want out of a car. Sorry for the rant. lol
Old 07-22-2012, 08:11 PM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by MichaelBeerZ
I had a TT Z32. I also test drove some 350Zs because I wanted a newer car. The 300 wins in my book. Now I got lucky and had a stock one with only 82,000 miles on it. Never had a problem and even daily drove it. I also took road trips in it. Went from Atlanta to Texas. Very comfortable and no problems whatsoever. The biggest thing for me is unless you go F/I with the 350 the power is unmatched. Every 350 I drove was just slow. They are fun cars but I still wanted power which sorry it didn't have. So it does really depend on the kind of person you are. What do you want out of a car. Sorry for the rant. lol
I drove over 100,000 miles on my Z32, and loved it. I just wouldn't own a car with that age and mileage now. If they introduced NEW Z32s with some tweaks (such as fixing the oil guides on cylinders 5 and 6), I would buy one again in a heartbeat. The problem is the age - the cars were made with plastic hoses and parts that get old and brittle. The fuel clamps tended to undo themselves over time (I had to tighten them every second week or so). The list was huge. And the costs of many repairs were huge.

What I am saying is that the 350z is generally a better car (handling, design), aside from the power you mention. That and I miss the T-tops a great deal.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
MichaelBeerZ

Originally Posted by MaelstrØm
I drove over 100,000 miles on my Z32, and loved it. I just wouldn't own a car with that age and mileage now. If they introduced NEW Z32s with some tweaks (such as fixing the oil guides on cylinders 5 and 6), I would buy one again in a heartbeat. The problem is the age - the cars were made with plastic hoses and parts that get old and brittle. The fuel clamps tended to undo themselves over time (I had to tighten them every second week or so). The list was huge. And the costs of many repairs were huge.

What I am saying is that the 350z is generally a better car (handling, design), aside from the power you mention. That and I miss the T-tops a great deal.
Yeah and that's why I was looking for a 350z. And yeah because of its age you just never know sadly. I was lucky and never had anything wrong that didn't go wrong on any car. So fixes were cheap.

Mainly for those people thinking there 350z is superior to the 300. Everyone has their opinions but you can't deny for its time it is a very nice Z. And when researching the 350 it seemed every year before the HR had its problems. I'd rather an old hose than an oil consuming engine or whatever the problem may be.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Zruralracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our friend has had his for at least 12 years now and its a great car T-tops, turbo, rebuilt with mods pulls like a beast. Sadly the A/C unit finally went out and they wanted to charge him something like 2grand just to fix it. I feel the 350z can give more reliability with a cheaper fix than the 300zx, but for for the power to $$ ratio the 300zx wins out.