Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

They forgot everything except for my deposit!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 02:06 PM
drgenefish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They forgot everything except for my deposit!

So I orderd my Z in September...come to find out a few days ago that the dealer forgot to order my car. (he didnt forget to cash my deposit check though).

Anyway, I got such a good deal from this guy and it was an honest mistake and he confessed right away so I am going to stay with him.

I made a deal with him to do me a few favors and he also said he would give me an extended warranty at his cost.

So I guess my question is, does anyone know where I can find out how much invoice costs are for warranties? I looked around the web but couldn't find it.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Nothing

You're getting ripped... extended warranties aren't worth a damn...

You should get CASH off for that kind of mistake... that's completely ridiculous... the incompetent bastard should be hanged.

N.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:59 PM
mofoz

you should ge dealer cost for nismo parts. How do they "forget" to order your car. Goto www.nissanmotors.com and build your car, and see if there is one close by, and have him get you that one.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:05 PM
drgenefish

there are none close by because of all the options i'm getting...basically everything including nav and sirius radio. I would rather get it ordered anyway without anyone test driving it...this is my first car i owned so i'm pretty excited about it.

which nismo parts do you think I should I get then?

I was thinking of getting a warranty anyway so it sounded good to me.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:24 PM
CocaColaDrunkie

how much u gettin it 4?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:57 AM
RJW0501

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nothing
[B]You're getting ripped... extended warranties aren't worth a damn...

Tell that to the customers who just had major sevice work done and only had to pay the small 50. or 100. deductable.

There only a rip-off if you don't have to use them.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:44 AM
h2oskier177

I have a 04 Z, with an extended 84 months/100k miles, only because I drive a ways to work. I paid around 1700.00 at the close of the deal
Old 01-16-2004, 04:46 AM
h2oskier177

in addition to my warranty, if i take it to the dealership or there sister stores in SoCal, I have no deductable...zero....
Old 01-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Zinmyfuture

Don't understand how a dealer can forget to order a car. Kinda like a restaurant forgetting to buy food.

It may be difficult to find how much any dealer paid for extended warranty. Just realize that this is a BIG money maker for them. Extended warranties are available through several companies - like aftermarket upgrades you don't have to go thru the dealer to get it. Since you stated that you did some research thru the internet, you may have already discovered other sources for extended warranties. Spending two minutes on the net, I have found a company that offered 5 year/100K warranty for $1100. Also found a company that offered 6 year/120K for over $2000. As always, it pays to shop around.

For future reference, use a credit card for a deposit. It'll be easier to recover your money should a dispute arise.

Good luck on your new car!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 06:33 AM
Z33Concept

HEy

How in the hell can U forget to order a car thats like forgetting to do your job. Thats like forgetting how to sell cars and your a car salesman that ridoulous
Old 01-16-2004, 07:02 AM
RJW0501

Zinmyfuture- very true you can buy something other than the manufacturers warranty, the problem is if they go bankrupt your screwed, also, you'll most likley have to pay for the work at the dealership, than follow a claim with your aftermarket warranty company. I've seen many aftermarket warranty companies come and go. Also true is they are a huge source of income for the dealer, but than again, people buy warranties at Best Buy that cost 150.00 for a 600.00 digital camara, thats 25% of the cost of the purchase, as opposed to 1500.00 for a 5 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty from Nissan, on a car that costs 25k to 35k. Bottom line- you get what you pay for!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:22 AM
drgenefish

I got the car for $1,000 above invoice which worked out to $34,000 for the touring with all options including nav and sirius...good deal I think.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:54 AM
neohalo1

That is a great deal for a loaded Touring! You could always ask for free labor in the event you decide to throw on an S-Tune or some other Nismo product. That is what I asked for when I took my car in for the window streak tsb, then they broke my window altogether .

I asked for the S-Tune to be installed at no cost for the hassle of having to bring the car back, etc.. They said no way at first, but after speaking with the service manager and complained a little, they eventually agreed to waive the labor costs. However, I do have to pay for the alignment. I still haven't bought the S-Tune yet, just waiting for some more funds!

Best of luck to ya when you get your Z!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Nothing

No offense, but by my calculations, all the 350Zs in existence are still covered under the initial 3 year warranty... so how in the hell was the extended warranty useful to this person you speak of?
N.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rjw0501
[B]
Originally posted by Nothing
You're getting ripped... extended warranties aren't worth a damn...

Tell that to the customers who just had major sevice work done and only had to pay the small 50. or 100. deductable.

There only a rip-off if you don't have to use them.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:34 AM
WayneTN

Originally posted by Nothing
No offense, but by my calculations, all the 350Zs in existence are still covered under the initial 3 year warranty... so how in the hell was the extended warranty useful to this person you speak of?
N.
I think he meant it generically, for anyone who has had to use an extended warranty to make repairs.

By the way, your calculations could be in error. If a Z has enough miles, it would be out of the initial warranty regardless of when it was purchased, wouldn't it?

WayneTN
Old 01-16-2004, 08:39 AM
WayneTN

Default Re: They forgot everything except for my deposit!

Originally posted by drgenefish
I made a deal with him to do me a few favors and he also said he would give me an extended warranty at his cost.
Uh, you did get the "extended warranty at his cost" in writing didn't you....in case he forgets that, too.

WayneTN
Old 01-16-2004, 09:42 AM
RJW0501

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WayneTN
[B]I think he meant it generically, for anyone who has had to use an extended warranty to make repairs.

By the way, your calculations could be in error. If a Z has enough miles, it would be out of the initial warranty regardless of when it was purchased, wouldn't it?

Thanks, thats exactly what I was doing.

I am a car dealer, and not to mention any names, but when a customer comes to me with a 5k engine job, that they want me to "take care of" I ask them 'did you buy the extended warranty?'
I hear...Ahhhh I was never offered it.....What extended warranty???? Seems they always want it when they need it.

So, to those who think the extended warranty is "useless" Ask the guy who said it is 'useless" to pay for your repairs!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:07 AM
drgenefish

Default Re: Re: They forgot everything except for my deposit!

Originally posted by WayneTN
Uh, you did get the "extended warranty at his cost" in writing didn't you....in case he forgets that, too.

WayneTN
oh yeah! everything was in writing before too...I guess there was just a loss of the paperwork but I was impressed that he admitted to it and is going to make right for it. He could have just said that it's taking more time than he thought, blah blah blah.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:07 AM
Z-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“Nothing” is absolutely right! Extended warranties are almost always the wrong way to go. (I know it’s hard news to hear – especially when you may have just purchased a big one…) I discovered along time ago that if you always say “No thanks” to the extended warranty, a funny thing happens: You have more money in your pocket for the once in a great while when something does actually break.

I have had products break on me back when I was still buying these warranties. I found that the cost of the repair (and sometimes complete replacement of the item) would have cost me less to pay myself. I lost money having the warranty cover it. And that’s not even taking into account that back when you bought your item and your warranty, your money was worth more, due to inflation. YOU LOSE TWICE!

It’s funny how the sales guys will tell you how the item (like a car, perhaps) it bullet-proof and extremely reliable. Then he walks you to the finance person’s office. Then the finance person goes into the rap about how much you’ll have to pay when each part of your car blows up!

Extended warranties are a complete rip-off. If you don’t believe me, go ask your friends/family that seem to have a good understanding of money.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:59 AM
Richardew

drgenefish, something smells fishy. Which dealer did you order from? I ordered my car from Metro in Phila. The salesman kept me informed of what was going on. He initially couldn't order a roadster with 18" wheels, but called me when he was able (3 weeks later). I was told it would take 3 months for delivery, and was just told that the car would be here 2/13, 3 months and 9 days after the order was put in. I believe that the dealers have an allotment for z's. Perhaps they were unable to order your car for a few months but didn't want to tell you and lose your business. While shopping for my roadster I dealt with Sloane and Ardmore Nissan. I was impressed with the folks at Ardmore and Metro - they both told me they had to see what their allotment was before accepting my order. The folks at Sloane wanted to play all of the car dealer games. Anyway, just curious who you are dealing with.
rich
'03 FX 45 w/tech, Black/Brick
'96 911 C4 Cab
'04 350ZR SS/BO, 18's, NAV on the way