Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Waited almost four months, wrong order!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 04:06 AM
jaa1755

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Waited almost four months, wrong order!

Last September, I ordered a 2004 Chrome Silver Enthusiast 6 Speed, and gave the dealer a deposit. At that time, they said it would take no longer than 60 days to get the car in.

So, 60 days comes and goes, and nothing. I can’t get the dealership to call me, so eventually I go out there. When I do, they assure me the car will be here by the middle of December. I still can’t get them to print out anything from Nissan to prove this, but the salesman assures me the car is on the way, and shows me the order sheet that they turned in. Everything looks okay.

The middle of December arrives, and still no car or call. I go out there again, and they give me the same story, but this time the car is due in the middle of January. I tell them I’m not leaving the dealership without something to prove the car is on it’s way, so eventually they give me an order number.

I call Nissan North America three times with this order number, talked to different people every time, and asked them to track the car’s progress. I never receive one call in return.

Finally, last week I go out to the dealership and tell them I’m about tired of not hearing anything, and they print a sheet detailing the car I ordered.

Order number – Check

Enthusiast – Check

Color – WRONG

They ordered the wrong damn color, and to top it off, the WRONG COLOR CAR isn’t due until the middle of February.

I unraveled the deal on the spot, told them they are inept, and got my damn deposit back.

Yesterday, I walked into another dealership, sat down with the general manager, and told him the story. We ordered the car, he gave me all kinds of documentation, and he told me that since they switched my unit with another that was about to be built at the factory, it would take 30-45 days to get the car in.

God I hope this dealer redeems Nissan….
Old 01-16-2004, 04:28 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Waited almost four months, wrong order!

Originally posted by jaa1755
God I hope this dealer redeems Nissan….
Sounds like a dealer problem and not a nissan problem. They were probably jacking you around. I am sure there are several cars around that match your order, you should just have them find you one. I dont know the details of ordering a car that is in production, I bet it is not the same as when alot of us preordered the car before it was in production. Nissan is probably on a schedule now and special orders are not top priority. Thats why your dealer should try to find you a car.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:13 AM
BFG10

Just curious, what color was the wrong order for? Also did the new dealer give you a better deal?
Old 01-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Z33Concept

THats f*** up man!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Phatmitzu

Crap...I really hope Im not experiencing the same thing....
I ordered in Late September, did get the print out of the order at mid November. Called dealer again around end of December and was told the ETA is Jan 13th. So after the 3 months wait, I was getting all excited! Jan 13th...no car. Jan 14th...no car. Jan 15th...no car. I do understand the time shows on the computer is only an estimate...but damn! these couple of days is really really really killing me. I hope the car will come today and as the way I ordered it...*sigh*
Old 01-16-2004, 08:49 AM
WayneTN

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
Crap...I really hope Im not experiencing the same thing....
I ordered in Late September, did get the print out of the order at mid November. Called dealer again around end of December and was told the ETA is Jan 13th. So after the 3 months wait, I was getting all excited! Jan 13th...no car. Jan 14th...no car. Jan 15th...no car. I do understand the time shows on the computer is only an estimate...but damn! these couple of days is really really really killing me. I hope the car will come today and as the way I ordered it...*sigh*
Mark,

Did you get a VIN from the dealer? He should be able to tell you the VIN if the car's really that close.

btw, who's that girl in your sig and what is she doing (besides looking cute)?

WayneTN
Old 01-16-2004, 09:37 AM
jaa1755

Originally posted by BFG10
Just curious, what color was the wrong order for? Also did the new dealer give you a better deal?
I ordered chrome silver, and they got silverstone. Keep in mind, I didn't change the color ONCE, I knew that I wanted CS.

During the order process, maybe someone wrote "silver" instead of 'chrome silver', and then someone else looked at silver and assumed 'silverstone', instead of asking.

Pretty dumb, in my book. If you can't get the color right, how in the hell are you going to get anything else right?

Also, I have never bought a car off the lot (I worked as a salesman in Houston when I was in college, I know how sports cars are treated), so locating one already on a lot wasn't an option.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:39 AM
jaa1755

And the new dealer matched the original deal - $700 over dealer invoice. Pretty agressive pricing, and I found out that in Houston or Dallas, a price like this is even harder to come by.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:49 AM
BFG10

I'm partial to Silverstone....I would have taken that one. But that's just me. You should have gotten what you asked for.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Nothing

I'll be ordering mine tomorrow... I hope this same sh*t doesn't happen to me... I've heard 3 horror stories on this board now... and I'm sure there is more.

I trust the guy I'm going with though as he is a friend of a friend. I'm excited...

2004 Super Black Track w / Nav & dealer installed Nissan certified leather seats... All options except side airbags...

$35,500.

N.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 AM
BFG10

Originally posted by Nothing
2004 Super Black Track w / Nav & dealer installed Nissan certified leather seats... All options except side airbags...

$35,500.

N.
That sound like quite a good deal. Nice choice. What color leather are you going with?
Old 01-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Nothing

Black leather... I'm partial to an all black sports car look... nice and clean! ... I'm thinking this is going to be a great summer for girls!

N.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by WayneTN
Mark,

Did you get a VIN from the dealer? He should be able to tell you the VIN if the car's really that close.

btw, who's that girl in your sig and what is she doing (besides looking cute)?

WayneTN
Yeah I got the VIN number and had just got the purchase order faxed in.

Ha! you wont believe how many members has asked me that questions. The caption reads "who knows how to flirt the best
" in Chinese. Its a part of a game show from Taiwan. Shes one of a popular singing group there called "S.H.E".
Old 01-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Nothing

I keep thinking she's being asked, "how many guys did you bang last night?"

N.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:53 PM
BFG10

Originally posted by Nothing
I keep thinking she's being asked, "how many guys did you bang last night?"

N.
Good one!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:30 PM
mickey

Default How much is Dealer Invoice(Enthusiast)

Originally posted by jaa1755
And the new dealer matched the original deal - $700 over dealer invoice. Pretty agressive pricing, and I found out that in Houston or Dallas, a price like this is even harder to come by.
What is dealer invoice on an Enthusiast?

Thanks,
Mickey
Old 01-16-2004, 01:44 PM
jaa1755

Default Re: How much is Dealer Invoice(Enthusiast)

Originally posted by mickey
What is dealer invoice on an Enthusiast?

Thanks,
Mickey
$26,219 for the 6-speed, $27,115 for the auto.

This is, of course, without any options or the $540 destination charge.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:59 PM
fastride
Banned

Just buy it off the lot! There must be 30 CS available here in Nj,im sure there available where you live also.Read the thread GOT ONE ON ORDER!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:27 PM
jaa1755

Originally posted by fastride
Just buy it off the lot! There must be 30 CS available here in Nj,im sure there available where you live also.Read the thread GOT ONE ON ORDER!
Read my reply above about why I won't do this...
Old 01-17-2004, 05:50 AM
mgk65

I bought one off the lot. It had 7 miles on it.

I don't see what is wrong with that.

Quick Reply: Waited almost four months, wrong order!