Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW TO 350z.. CHEAPEST/BEST LOOKING APPREANCE MODS.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Zredman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic72
I dare you to beat this ricer out, LOL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ibG7N-CGa3U

someone gave him a gift card to auto zone. however if u built it with a good setup and supercharger and u wanted people to try and race u....this could work lol
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM
HanoverZ

Why?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

^^^^^^I meant to write this 15 minutes ago but pissed myself laughing so much i've had to change my diaper and have my tummy rubbed. I bet there's about 15 extra gauges inside that thing, none of them working. This sort of chit and horrorflush make my day. OP you could plastidip your tires, they'll last a lot longer and you could make em look like slicks.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM
dandiggz

Default plastidip

Dont listen to these fools, they think they are cool becuase they put some expensive mods on their car. Your fast car aint **** without a good driver behind the wheel. I hate all these forum ****ks who think they can talk down to other people and think they are better than everyone else. There is nothing wrong with plastidipping as long as u dont go overboard. I plastidipped my emblems, door handles, front grille and it came out amazing. Has a great matte finish and it can also be easily removed. Check it

Nothing ricer about this!! these guys that put down plastidip obviosly dont know what they are talking about
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if plasti dipping your car is a good idea for winter? Does anyone think it would give the paint some good protection from snow and salt? Or would it eventually fade away and start stripping if it stays on the car too long?

Last edited by Jah70; 02-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by dandiggz
Dont listen to these fools, they think they are cool becuase they put some expensive mods on their car. Your fast car aint **** without a good driver behind the wheel. I hate all these forum ****ks who think they can talk down to other people and think they are better than everyone else. There is nothing wrong with plastidipping as long as u dont go overboard. I plastidipped my emblems, door handles, front grille and it came out amazing. Has a great matte finish and it can also be easily removed. Check it

Nothing ricer about this!! these guys that put down plastidip obviosly dont know what they are talking about
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Is that an automatic gearbox I see?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
dandiggz

Originally Posted by Jah70
Yes its an auto, whats the problem with that? What does that make me?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by Jah70
+1.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
dandiggz

Bought the car for dirt cheap, didnt care if it was auto or manual just wanted the car. Ive owned 3 stick sports cars and 4 streetbikes and i am very capable of handling a stick so im no noob. Also its no fun getting stuck with a ragged out tranny on a used Z. When i buy my 370 it will be manual so for now im happy with auto

Last edited by dandiggz; 02-21-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cheap Cosmetic Mod with out sounding cruel.... A good Bucket, good soap, and sponge. Nothing like a clean Z if you ask me.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM
07maximan

Man,its amazing to me how many threads are allowed to go as far as ones like this. No good comes out of any of this.

Earlier in this thread some one made a comment about me "not being able to afford the car I own"...that's such BS!! The great thing about modding a car is we get to do what WE like,not every one else. You don't have to like it,but to say such horrible things and make people feel bad about the way they mod their car is wrong. For me its not about money. I'm a grown man with children that are most likely older than some of you on here. I make good money but does that mean I need to spend 1500.00 on an exhaust...hell no. I bet most of you wouldn't know the sound difference between a real HKS exhaust and a replica. When I had my Maxima I need to have a Greddy exhaust. So I dropped the 1100.00 or so on it. It came in,I installed and freaking hated it!! It was quieter than the Magnaflow weld ins I had installed for 250.00. Im not kidding either. I had it less than a month and sold it for less than half what I paid for it. Never again!!

As far as "cheap mods" go, yes some of them are cheap and cheap looking,but maybe that's all they can afford. I'm pretty sure people with "real" sports cars,such as Ferrari s and Lambos, look at 350Z owners and laugh. Why don't we have those cars...because we cant afford them. Does that make us idiots or noobs, nope just not lucky enough to afford the finer things in life. So what do we do, we buy 350z's. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
dandiggz

Originally Posted by 07maximan
Man,its amazing to me how many threads are allowed to go as far as ones like this. No good comes out of any of this.

Earlier in this thread some one made a comment about me "not being able to afford the car I own"...that's such BS!! The great thing about modding a car is we get to do what WE like,not every one else. You don't have to like it,but to say such horrible things and make people feel bad about the way they mod their car is wrong. For me its not about money. I'm a grown man with children that are most likely older than some of you on here. I make good money but does that mean I need to spend 1500.00 on an exhaust...hell no. I bet most of you wouldn't know the sound difference between a real HKS exhaust and a replica. When I had my Maxima I need to have a Greddy exhaust. So I dropped the 1100.00 or so on it. It came in,I installed and freaking hated it!! It was quieter than the Magnaflow weld ins I had installed for 250.00. Im not kidding either. I had it less than a month and sold it for less than half what I paid for it. Never again!!

As far as "cheap mods" go, yes some of them are cheap and cheap looking,but maybe that's all they can afford. I'm pretty sure people with "real" sports cars,such as Ferrari s and Lambos, look at 350Z owners and laugh. Why don't we have those cars...because we cant afford them. Does that make us idiots or noobs, nope just not lucky enough to afford the finer things in life. So what do we do, we buy 350z's. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Well said man!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Plasti-dip is glorified spray paint. No more, no less. You want people laughing under their breath at your car- be my guest. But you give us all a bad rep doing it. The analogy of $1500 exhaust to $5 rubberized spray paint is not even close. No one's asking anyone to go dump thousands into mods, but taking an already well engineered sports car and downgrading to chit parts IS being an idiot. Looks like the ricer scene has been so convoluted with the import scene the lines can't be drawn anymore. I should have got out, already made FI investments though. FML
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
stuartc323

Thank you ^
Old 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by dandiggz

1. Your obviously Michael Schumacher's son? unless i see some track times, sit down talking about your a decent driver behind the wheel of your car.

2. You contradicted yourself.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Plasti-dip is glorified spray paint. No more, no less. You want people laughing under their breath at your car- be my guest. But you give us all a bad rep doing it. The analogy of $1500 exhaust to $5 rubberized spray paint is not even close. No one's asking anyone to go dump thousands into mods, but taking an already well engineered sports car and downgrading to chit parts IS being an idiot. Looks like the ricer scene has been so convoluted with the import scene the lines can't be drawn anymore. I should have got out, already made FI investments though. FML
I normally don't get caught up in things like this because its a no win situation.

All I'm saying is that its his car,let him do what he wants. Its not the fact you all don't like it, to be honest I'm not a fan of Plastidip either,but to beat people down because of their choices is wrong. Its like the saying goes "if you have nothing nice to say,don't say anything". There are some comments I made on this forum about other people mods,but I did so in a nicer way...I'm not posting things like,"you're a total douchebag,what are you thinking"??? I'm sorry Ive been on a lot of forums and still an active moderator on one of them and Ill tell you what,we would never allow things like this. Why,because its rude and just wrong. Some people on this forum need to learn tact. I know several people who own Z's that would make a post here if their lives depended on it, why, just go back thru and read this thread again,that's why!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by 07maximan

Purely just a question but because you had a bad experience shopping for mods, your going to cheap out on a car that costs significantly more to mod than your maxima? and my next question is this car is expensive to maintain, so how did you plan on "cheaply" modding this car?

The cheapest mods i have put on my car were meguiars gold car wash, ultimated compound and polish, and nxt wax. To be honest not much else you can do cheap for this car.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Purely just a question but because you had a bad experience shopping for mods, your going to cheap out on a car that costs significantly more to mod than your maxima? and my next question is this car is expensive to maintain, so how did you plan on "cheaply" modding this car?

The cheapest mods i have put on my car were meguiars gold car wash, ultimated compound and polish, and nxt wax. To be honest not much else you can do cheap for this car.
To be honest, I don't really plan on modding this car. Maybe a little but nothing major.

If I was to to major modding,such as a turbo,nice brakes and a nice suspension,I wouldn't cheap out on that. Some times you have to pay to play. Trust me I get that. However,if I have options for things that arent as important,yes Ill try to buy some thing a little cheaper.

For instance, I keep using exhaust because that's a touchy subject around here,how much power can be gained from an exhaust? Maybe 5 to 10 on the high side?? So,what would the real HKS give you for 2000.00 that the replica for 300.00 wont?? Maybe a slightly different tone?? Maybe it will last longer? Are any of the positives worth almost a 2000.00 difference?? I say hell no!!

I had a Mustang and I put some eBay drilled and slotted rotors on it. 3 years never a problem. I had a friend who had some Baer rotors and they warped after less than 2 years. He probably paid around 1000.00 and I paid around 200.00. Expensive isnt always better. Im not saying you should cheap out on brakes, Im saying some times its not the end of the world.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:44 PM
dandiggz

Originally Posted by stuartc323
1. Your obviously Michael Schumacher's son? unless i see some track times, sit down talking about your a decent driver behind the wheel of your car.

2. You contradicted yourself.
When did I ever say that I was a good driver? I swear, some of these guys on these forums are so ignorant.
Yes I used plastidip on my Z and I love how it looks. I have also gotten many compliments around town so I honestly don't care what a bunch of kids think. Unlike some of you z owners I worked my *** off to earn my car. It wasn't handed down to me by my parents

Last edited by dandiggz; 02-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW TO 350z.. CHEAPEST/BEST LOOKING APPREANCE MODS.