Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wrecked my Z, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM
SE5spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isnt what you said on Facebook. On Facebook you said you were canyon carving and your tire blew out which made you flip your car.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM
man03999

Looking at the pictures i think you are better off just taking the money from insurance and buy another car.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:27 PM
HanoverZ

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
That's a nice chunk of steel to just "Snap" I mean glad your ok. Maybe your insurance will buy that. But my belief is you lost control of the car while attempted to drive and the wheel hit the mountain side causing the Arm to snap. I just cant possibly see a scenario where the camber arm just snaps. Have you seen the girth of this thing?
This. Idc if all four tires fall off you're not flipping at 20mph in a straight line.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
teamevolution2

sorry for the loss, glad you are ok. How much you wanna sell the carpet for?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:36 PM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by cybarules
I might of mis worded this. I hit the mountain at about 20, I was still on my brakes. I'm not saying I was driving like a normal person, I'm saying that is the estimated speed when I contacted the mountain. I would like to see you hit that mountain at 20 and not flip a car. Call my story bs all you want but I'm just stated what happened based off of what was describe by the car behind me and my passenger.
So how fast were you initially going when the camber arm snapped? I think we need more details. How tight was the turn?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
omgitsweasel

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
So how fast were you initially going when the camber arm snapped? I think we need more details. How tight was the turn?
apparently too tight for virgin victor here.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SE5spd
This isnt what you said on Facebook. On Facebook you said you were canyon carving and your tire blew out which made you flip your car.
lmao you gota tag me on this
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

OP "mis-stated" here and posted something entirely different on FB ( pretty stupid BTW but kids nowdays....) Wonder what he really told the 'rents?

Last edited by PerfZ; 03-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
cybarules

I did post this on the facebook page saying my tire blew. But I have reason to believe the camber arm snapped prior. the tire is not popped, it is just off the rim. Everyone there said the arm snapped before I crashed, even the chp told me the was the most likely cause, I thought I blew a tire at first. It doesn't matter what caused the crash. I was going about about 40-45 slowing down for the turn. It was a left hand 90 turn on an uphill slope. I was hard on the brakes until I released just before turning but my car veered right or understeered, hard to tell exactly what happened, and went strait. there are no skid marks on the road and my tires didn't lock up. I was keeping up with the leader, (I was second in chain) and notice everyone else was falling behind so I dropped my pace. My buddies s2000 was within 1 turn of my accident. I'm not trying to hide anything from you guys, but my car honestly should have been able to take that turn.
the car is a 2003 base with 118000 miles.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Mikeman92

I did post this on the facebook page saying my tire blew. But I have reason to believe the camber arm snapped prior. the tire is not popped, it is just off the rim. Everyone there said the arm snapped before I crashed, even the chp told me the was the most likely cause, I thought I blew a tire at first. It doesn't matter what caused the crash. I was going about about 40-45 slowing down for the turn. It was a left hand 90 turn on an uphill slope. I was hard on the brakes until I released just before turning but my car veered right or understeered, hard to tell exactly what happened, and went strait. there are no skid marks on the road and my tires didn't lock up. I was keeping up with the leader, (I was second in chain) and notice everyone else was falling behind so I dropped my pace. My buddies s2000 was within 1 turn of my accident. I'm not trying to hide anything from you guys, but my car honestly should have been able to take that turn.
I think at the end of the day, arguing your point here won't matter. The damage is done. I would be trying to figure out a way to pay my parents back, or get a new car instead of being on the forums.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM
yomike007

Old 03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
ehaalandtluk

You wrecked your car, that's nice.

May I ask why you're posting this on a forum? Let alone why are you lying about what happened on a forum?

I hope you weren't looking for any sympathy on the internet (as it's painfully obvious now you won't get any.)

What's the insurance payout? Buy yourself a shitty domestic car, wait till you're out of college, and then buy one with your own money.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Two days ago while cruising with my buddies, my left rear camber arm snapped(stock) causing me to loose control and hit the mountain side and rolled upside down. This was a low speed accident, I was going about 20 mph and my friends managed to stop before hitting me. my passenger( best friend) and myself are 100% uninjured, not even a scratch. Since chp's towing service got there before mine, they did it their way. They thought it would be easier to drag my car upside down for 30 minutes until they finally got it on the bed instead of flipping it on sight and rolling it. The car is fulling insured -$1000. I am 19 and only had the car for 6 months. My parents loaned me the money for the car, $9000. The car is currently in my garage waiting for insurance to see it. At this point I don't know what to do. I love cars and this one was my baby. I just wanted to share this story and ask for any advice. I want another Z but there is no way I can get it unless I pay in full without any help. My plan was to get a cheap motorcycle to get me around town until I can afford another car. What are your thoughts? Also The engine,tranny, and other parts of the car are still good. Should I try and buy it back from insurance or just let it go? I was very attached to this car and want to keep a part of it. Thank you for reading my story, owning a 350z is like being part of a brotherhood.

What the **** kind of f4ggotree is this ****?!? How do you FLIP a car at "20 MPH"??

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!! I'm banned for over a year and THIS is the bull$hit I come back to??
Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
frivolous_

haha
Old 03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
What the **** kind of f4ggotree is this ****?!? How do you FLIP a car at "20 MPH"??

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!! I'm banned for over a year and THIS is the bull$hit I come back to??

Good to see you back!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^
Old 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this is what really happened to the OP

Old 03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts