Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wrecked my Z, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 AM
kkingbrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the dead car. Many of us damaged cars when we were your age, probably with less expensive cars and with a bit less carnage.

If you've upgraded your car and still have the old parts, switch them out if the newer parts are still in tact. Maybe ninja your door switch covers and other less noticeable things (CAI?) to sell and help pay the deductible. Just don't take the engine or something obvious that the insurance company will question. It's not the most honest thing to do, but insurance companies aren't the boy scouts.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

No offense dude, and sorry to hear about your car, but your story is crap. I don't believe one bit of it. 20mph would not do that kind of damage unless you are the worst driver in the world. And as people said before, camber arms don't just break. They need to be damaged pretty bad to snap.

If you could flip a car like this and you're only 19, I would stay away from 2 wheels unless your parents have great life insurance for you.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Colourdeaf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn...... I'm sorry to hear about that buddy. If the parts that are un-damanged are worth more than the price to buy it back, then buy it back. The thing is... your car is pretty much UN-repairable to the best body shop. It happends bro... took mine into a pole last year, ended up repairing it and noticed it wasn't perfect so I sold it and bought another Z. I would expect insurance to pay you a good amount for the price of the car being a write off. Take this as a good thing, your going to get another car !
Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Cool story bro, i'd buy it for a dollar
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM
WeightLimit

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

When I was 19, if I said I was driving 60 I was really going 100+.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by WeightLimit
When I was 19, if I said I was driving 60 I was really going 100+.
QTFT!!!

Dude we are on a car forum. We are not the fuzz or your parents. No need to lie to us.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty sure i have seen Camber arms fail....IIRC there was a guy on here that had his kinetix rear arm snap on him. I think there was a big ordeal with a batch of them from kinetix....weak welds or whatever the cause was, it CAN happen its just rare.

Not supporting or ******* anyone, but just stating the facts.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW op: did you happen to have sweats and slippers on during the crash? lol jk
Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Darkside Mojo

Thats horrible news.....hope you can at least get something out of the wreckage
Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM
cybarules

20 was way too fast for that turn. Most of the damage done to the car was from dragging it. If I was going any faster, I probably would not be telling this story. I already know its completely my fault. This is why 19 year olds shouldn't drive 350zs...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 AM
zJames

what is wrong with some of you guys. **** happens dont needa be a dick about it. glad to see your alright. just take the insurance money save up for a bit and your sure to find another good looking 350.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by cybarules
20 was way too fast for that turn. Most of the damage done to the car was from dragging it. If I was going any faster, I probably would not be telling this story. I already know its completely my fault. This is why 19 year olds shouldn't drive 350zs...
so you clipped something...

Originally Posted by zJames
what is wrong with some of you guys. **** happens dont needa be a dick about it. glad to see your alright. just take the insurance money save up for a bit and your sure to find another good looking 350.
go watch pbs...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:39 AM
danielsroth

I got my Z before I got my driver's license. Driven it over two years without a wreck. Don't generalize young people. This is why YOU shouldn't drive a 350z. Not 19 year olds.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Geez, all that from going only 20mph? That's a little slower than what I run in my 100 meter races. You sure you weren't doing double that? Either that or that is some type of freak accident like a glitch in a video game or something. Glad your ok, do you have leather seats? How much you want for them?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkside Mojo
Thats horrible news.....hope you can at least get something out of the wreckage
I'm probably gonna troll you on every thread till you fix that signature. It's spelled execution.

On topic, no way 20mph is going to break a camber arm much less cause you to spin out, crash into a mountain and flip. I call Dugan on this shiz.

What do to?
Move on. Let insurance cover the loss and pay your PARENTS back, because it's their money they put into it. Find a car you can purchase with your own money, and be safe next time. This could have been much worse.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 03-25-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zJames
Nobody's being a dick br0. Obv it's a good thing he's alright but the story is crap.

19, 350z, late at night, out with friends, and 20mph curve that flipped the car? I'm 20 and I don't even believe that..

OP, total the car and start paying what is respectfully owed. You won't be driving a Z for a LONG while. Sorry dude.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Jets350

Originally Posted by dkmura
Guess you've already seen some tough love on this board. While I'm sorry to hear about your shunt, it's really doubtful that your left camber arm just "snapped". That won't happen unless that part was previously damaged, and more likely was damaged in the accident itself. Low speed accidents can occur and they are usually the result of driver error. Accept your responsibility on this and get ready to move on.

As for what to do on your Z, there's little doubt the insurance company will inspect and then total it. After you pay your $1K deductible, the first thing to do is pay back your parents on the loan. Realize that you're not going to be able to part or rebuild the car by yourself. You don't have the skills or an enclosed workshop/garage to do it it. Beyond that, how are you going to be able to insure it? The accident is going to raise your premium beyond belief for a car like the Z.

Remember the good times in your Z (and learn from the bad times), but get ready to move on. Use what money you have to buy another good Nissan, but recognize that a Z is out of reach for now. Vow to get another someday, but recognize that trying to hold onto a bunch of used, crashed parts isn't going to help you much.

couldnt have said it any better.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
cybarules

I might of mis worded this. I hit the mountain at about 20, I was still on my brakes. I'm not saying I was driving like a normal person, I'm saying that is the estimated speed when I contacted the mountain. I would like to see you hit that mountain at 20 and not flip a car. Call my story bs all you want but I'm just stated what happened based off of what was describe by the car behind me and my passenger.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I might of mis worded this. I hit the mountain at about 20, I was still on my brakes. I'm not saying I was driving like a normal person, I'm saying that is the estimated speed when I contacted the mountain. I would like to see you hit that mountain at 20 and not flip a car. Call my story bs all you want but I'm just stated what happened based off of what was describe by the car behind me and my passenger.
No one else is hitting mountains from driving like an asshat.

That's the point.

Dugan legacy.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Mikeman92

Originally Posted by Junkster
BTW op: did you happen to have sweats and slippers on during the crash? lol jk
Lol funny reference

Quick Reply: Wrecked my Z, now what?