Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wrecked my Z, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 PM
cybarules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the current mods of the Z?
Wings west carbon fiber spoiler, jim wolf intake, motordyne plenum spacer, aluminum radiator, cheap exhuast. Some other things, I'm pretty sure the car had more work done to it before I bought it. I raced many 350z in a straight line and I always pull away.

What was the lead car and his mods?
5.0 fox body unknown mods but not stock.

How many times have you carved this canyon?
I go about twice a week for the past 4-5 months. I baby the car around town and drive like a grandma. But I open up in the canyons at night.

At what point of the canyon did this accident occur?
about 1/2 though the cruise. it was on "westlake blvd" but it is known as decker
The 5.0 pulled away so I dropped my pace allowing the other cars to catch up. I was going quick but I wasn't "racing" at that point.

$9000! At this point I would buy it back chop the top off....drive it as a vert until I can afford my own car.

Or

Get a crx
Lol I want to chop the roof off and fix her up but my mom just wants it gone. I broke even with the car and my mom is using the insurance money to buy a boat. It's basically like I never had the car.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Diabolik350
What a bunch of dicks.
Originally Posted by zJames
what is wrong with some of you guys. **** happens dont needa be a dick about it. glad to see your alright. just take the insurance money save up for a bit and your sure to find another good looking 350.
Originally Posted by Jah70
Now I see why you were banned and why your going to be banned soon. You literally reply to every thread and contribute nothing related to what the thread is about to get a crazy reaction out of people. The pure definition of a troll. How do you find the time to reply to every thread?
Originally Posted by Mikeman92
Trolls don't usually have a life

Originally Posted by cybarules
Two days ago while cruising with my buddies, my left rear camber arm snapped(stock) causing me to loose control and hit the mountain side and rolled upside down. This was a low speed accident, I was going about 20 mph and my friends managed to stop before hitting me. my passenger( best friend) and myself are 100% uninjured, not even a scratch. Since chp's towing service got there before mine, they did it their way. They thought it would be easier to drag my car upside down for 30 minutes until they finally got it on the bed instead of flipping it on sight and rolling it. The car is fulling insured -$1000. I am 19 and only had the car for 6 months. My parents loaned me the money for the car, $9000. The car is currently in my garage waiting for insurance to see it. At this point I don't know what to do. I love cars and this one was my baby. I just wanted to share this story and ask for any advice. I want another Z but there is no way I can get it unless I pay in full without any help. My plan was to get a cheap motorcycle to get me around town until I can afford another car. What are your thoughts? Also The engine,tranny, and other parts of the car are still good. Should I try and buy it back from insurance or just let it go? I was very attached to this car and want to keep a part of it. Thank you for reading my story, owning a 350z is like being part of a brotherhood.
I did post this on the facebook page saying my tire blew. But I have reason to believe the camber arm snapped prior. the tire is not popped, it is just off the rim. Everyone there said the arm snapped before I crashed, even the chp told me the was the most likely cause, I thought I blew a tire at first. It doesn't matter what caused the crash. I was going about about 40-45 slowing down for the turn. It was a left hand 90 turn on an uphill slope. I was hard on the brakes until I released just before turning but my car veered right or understeered, hard to tell exactly what happened, and went strait. there are no skid marks on the road and my tires didn't lock up. I was keeping up with the leader, (I was second in chain) and notice everyone else was falling behind so I dropped my pace. My buddies s2000 was within 1 turn of my accident. I'm not trying to hide anything from you guys, but my car honestly should have been able to take that turn.
the car is a 2003 base with 118000 miles.
Wings west carbon fiber spoiler, jim wolf intake, motordyne plenum spacer, aluminum radiator, cheap exhuast. Some other things, I'm pretty sure the car had more work done to it before I bought it. I raced many 350z in a straight line and I always pull away.

I go about twice a week for the past 4-5 months. I baby the car around town and drive like a grandma. But I open up in the canyons at night.

about 1/2 though the cruise. it was on "westlake blvd" but it is known as decker
The 5.0 pulled away so I dropped my pace allowing the other cars to catch up. I was going quick but I wasn't "racing" at that point.

$9000! At this point I would buy it back chop the top off....drive it as a vert until I can afford my own car.

Or

Get a crx
Lol I want to chop the roof off and fix her up but my mom just wants it gone. I broke even with the car and my mom is using the insurance money to buy a boat. It's basically like I never had the car.
Dumbass.

Last edited by Spork; 03-26-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

While I take a **** I drove south on this favorite spot of your people and it's comparable to the roads here or even Japan.

1st and 2nd gear action still doesn't make anything safer!

No street lights only doubles how dangerous this is! I've done a couple runs with friends myself and even if you are on fresh tires and know the roads. Under the cover of darkness all that is taken away from you! Anticipation is lost, and assumption will make an a$$ of you quickly...

Even if you drive this road twice a week, still makes you a noob....pushing it ever time is the only way you learn any road. As dangerous as it is or isn't.

I still don't understand the need for guys to make threads for there crashes?

Keep us posted Op if you really gonna stick around. Again glad you are alright, as fun as it may seem and feel its extremely dangerous. I advise you tell your friends to lay back on the night runs, and check there cars often if they still feel the need for speed.

I'm done pooping...
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Why would you acknowledge to street racing??? You are lucky that insurances do not have the time or resources to search for enough proof to deny your claim.

I am 100% sure they did not buy your story, but its cheaper for them to pay than to fight this case.

BTW, I would love to know how a broken camber arm at 40mph threw your car towards the mountain.

My wife just snapped all 4 lugnuts off our RX7 at the rallycross on Saturday while sliding through a turn on the dirt and she managed to straighten the car and stop before we even started to roll.

It takes a couple of seconds to stop from 40mph to zero.

Good luck with your new car and glad that you are ok though
Old 03-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Pholicious

Stock camber arm won't break from 20mph, speaking from experience.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Mikeman92

Originally Posted by Spork

Dumbass.

By that logic, it applies to you too. It's really weird how some people interpret general statements. It only proves to show it bothers them.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

By that logic, it applies to you too. It's really weird how some people interpret general statements. It only proves to show it bothers them.
Wait... were you born in 92?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Mikeman92

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Sure was.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ownage in this bish. Noobs stfu.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
We're not getting old, the people in here are just getting younger.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Mikeman92

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
What are you implying? Is the fact that I'm 20 belittle the point I was making?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
And dumber! I weep for the future of this country.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I'm implying the people in this forum are getting younger............

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 03-27-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

MikeyBoy92
MikeAdolescent92
MikeyKid92

Just thinking out loud here....
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

In for the fun...^^^welcome back, needed someone to put these guys in there place.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by meanz
In for the fun...^^^welcome back, needed someone to put these guys in there place.
Good to be back!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM
stuartc323

this thread is epic lol
Old 03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
PikachuZ

Dont buy it back, not worth it you will never make the money back with that much damage to the car.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did post this on the facebook page saying my tire blew. But I have reason to believe the camber arm snapped prior. the tire is not popped, it is just off the rim. Everyone there said the arm snapped before I crashed, even the chp told me the was the most likely cause, I thought I blew a tire at first. It doesn't matter what caused the crash. I was going about about 40-45 slowing down for the turn. It was a left hand 90 turn on an uphill slope. I was hard on the brakes until I released just before turning but my car veered right or understeered, hard to tell exactly what happened, and went strait. there are no skid marks on the road and my tires didn't lock up. I was keeping up with the leader, (I was second in chain) and notice everyone else was falling behind so I dropped my pace. My buddies s2000 was within 1 turn of my accident. I'm not trying to hide anything from you guys, but my car honestly should have been able to take that turn.
the car is a 2003 base with 118000 miles.
First of all, good to see that you didn't get injured in anyway. Why are you lying to us, in your original post you stated that you were going 20 mph. Now your saying 40-45mph. Probably 80 am guessing. Just be happy that your okay. Btw whats canyon carving ?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You're "logic" is flawed. The phrase isn't encouraging the complete eradication of one species, at least not in this thread. Any intelligent person would clearly understand that it is truly saying, "You're a dumbass. Save the world and everyone around you the headache of dealing with your stupidity. Kill yourself, please, so we can be left in peace."

So take your "logic," drag it across a gym shower room's floor, and shove it up your ***.

Edit: I hate you.

Last edited by Spork; 03-26-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my Z, now what?