Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

messed with a subaru dealer today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 04:36 PM
lopchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: whatss wrong

He does not, silly! He has a 1995 Jetta. With a blower. And flames painted on the side.

Originally posted by Nic00Z28M6
You must be "special", he has both.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:40 PM
lopchild

Default Re: Re: Re: whatss wrong

I was just joking anyway....the Sti is a fast car. For its weight and Subaru name....its a rocket!

I was just playing a bit....adding some frustration to the guy. He asked for it! He can't come to a Z site & start talking about another car faster & better without expecting a few raspberries from the Z lovin' majority!!!!

Originally posted by lopchild
He does not, silly! He has a 1995 Jetta. With a blower. And flames painted on the side.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Hupperware

Talking trash because I OWN BOTH! HELLO, McFLY!

Look at the new Sport Compact Car and see what the 1/4 is for a heavily modded Z... To give you a hint... it doesn't break 13 seconds. $32,000 Z will not touch a STi.

If a car is all about getting laid, I feel sorry for you. The majority of you that have to decide mortgage or car payment every month I feel for you. I hope the chicks are worth it. You know that's the girls I want climbing all over me... materialistic. Great arguement.

And for monkey boy that thinks the EVO suspension is better than the STi obviously hasn't driven both. The STi suspension is rally designed and build for the corners... EVO, is a glorified Eclipse GSX.

Again, don't get me wrong. I love my Z... but it doesn't hold a candle performance wise to the Suby.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Nic00Z28M6

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: whatss wrong

Originally posted by lopchild
He can't come to a Z site & start talking about another car faster & better without expecting a few raspberries from the Z lovin' majority!!!!
Haha, why not? An unbiased view from somebody who owns both sounds like a good thing to me?
Old 01-31-2004, 06:59 PM
Norel350Z

my buddy just recently did a MAJOR upgrade to his GTI, when fully tuned he be putting down 330 at the wheels on pump gas, and even he admited he can't out right destroy an STI from a stand still.. He raced one from a light and even with out his car being fully tuned he paced the car even.. the guy had some turbo mod and some exsaut, didn't get all the deatils... fully tuned he'll prob beat it, but its still un certian.. all that aside, what it comes down ito is as he put it, the All wheel drive is what saves that car, because you can't spin it, and in the hands of a good drive its a hard thing to beat.
I myself beat one in my stock Z from a 5mph roll, where the playing fields where a little more even, but i count myself lucky, because i don't think the kid really knew what he was doing with a manual tranny.

I see this whole arguement as sorta being mute, becuase yes, each car is going to do better in diffrent situations, but what it all comes down to, and what discussions like this always come to, is what each persons personal prefrence is.. If you can get past what others find fugly such as the exterior/interior, and see the STI for its own beauty, then there is nothing wrong with that... Having said that im sure there are plenty of people out there that don't like the Z, or feel that an SRT-4 is a better car, because of what you can do after modding.. some may feel that the modding money is better left to being saved, and have their eyes set on a Audi RS6 or a M series BMW... What it all boils down to is preference...

My personal prefrence is the Z, i find the STI a bit of a waste of the cash, for something that looks, and comes with what it comes with. but that me... Hell if you can afford both a Z and a STI, then thats awsome, Me Im all about my Maxima and Z.. but again thats my preference..

/rant off

Pardon the spelling its late and im tired

Last edited by Norel350Z; 01-31-2004 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:26 PM
GreenE69s

"And for monkey boy that thinks the EVO suspension is better than the STi obviously hasn't driven both. The STi suspension is rally designed and build for the corners... EVO, is a glorified Eclipse GSX."

I'll give you that the STI will out perform the Z, but as for EVO vs it's a toss up. what do you think the EVO was design for... umm to beat the STI in rallys. every magazine says that the EVO out performs the STI in cornering and tracks wereas the STI is better in the straights. how does suspension factor into those equation who know but it wouldn't say one is better than the other...just different.

but whatever I'd still pick the Z over the STI
Old 01-31-2004, 09:12 PM
bfleming

Default philly auto show - sti

I checked out the wrx-sti at the philly auto show today. I started talking to the Subaru person at the car show about the sti. Its faster than the Z and a great piece of auto engineering - almost 2 hp per cube and awd and I would love to have one. I told the guy I had a Z and had been seriously interested in the wrx-sti, but it wasn't quite out when I bought the Z. He asked if the Z was my daily driver, which it is, and I said yes. He responded that I was probably better off with the Z because the sti is built for racing and he said the sti ride would beat me to death. I assured him that the Z was no town car. It seems to me these are two different cars, one for rallly racing and the other a sports car. It's great to have such choices, but I wouldn't make that decision based on who can get to the next stop light .3 seconds faster. IMHO.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:18 PM
VQ35DES

Originally posted by GreenE69s
"And for monkey boy that thinks the EVO suspension is better than the STi obviously hasn't driven both. The STi suspension is rally designed and build for the corners... EVO, is a glorified Eclipse GSX."

I'll give you that the STI will out perform the Z, but as for EVO vs it's a toss up. what do you think the EVO was design for... umm to beat the STI in rallys. every magazine says that the EVO out performs the STI in cornering and tracks wereas the STI is better in the straights.

monkey boy, wtf? whatever...

thanks for clearing that up green. your butt dyno isnt very affective when it comes to testing handling, leave it to the pros.

"Look at the new Sport Compact Car and see what the 1/4 is for a heavily modded Z... To give you a hint... it doesn't break 13 seconds. $32,000 Z will not touch a STi." -hupperware

a heavily modded naturaly aspirated Z? yeah, that what i thought. like i said, put a cheap turbo kit on the z, like greddy, on a base 350z and your running high 12s at 32,000. sport compact car isnt exactly the best magazine for testing. intake, header, and exhaust isnt really considered "heavily modded."
Old 02-01-2004, 12:48 PM
nigevellie

uh, not to feed fuel to an inferno, but huh? greddy tt will get you high 12's? isn't that reaching just a _tiny_ bit? i haven't seen those numbers...
Old 02-01-2004, 01:00 PM
VQ35DES

http://www.greddy.com/page.asp?idx=7

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...08_tuner_350z/

http://www.fast-motor.com/greddyniss...%20article.htm
Old 02-01-2004, 01:24 PM
trackstar

Well this thread has degenerated into petty mudslinging.

<unsubscribe>
Old 02-01-2004, 01:39 PM
nigevellie

well, as far as i can tell, that's all promotional stuff. i'd like to see people who have this kit _consistently_ pull 12s. now don't get me wrong, i own a z too, and i would love for this stuff to be true, but i just have a hard time believing it.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:48 PM
VQ35DES

oh common now, wheres the classic Z spirit. you dont think the z is that pathetic do you? going from 13.7s to 13.2s with a ~6000 twin turbo kit? you can believe whatever you want to believe. IMO its very possible. And lets not forget that its running street tires and heavy a$$ 19s.

as for consistency, 80% of that depends on the driver while 20% depends on the car.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:31 PM
nigevellie

my classic z spirit is in the shop right now..... with my z. like i said, i'm hoping this is true, but i would just like a bit more proof and more documentation, before i accept it as facts. i'm a cautious kind of guy as far as believing things that i read, especially on the the net. but, yeah, hope it's true. rock on.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:47 PM
VQ35DES

good luck
Old 02-01-2004, 05:51 PM
lopchild

Default YEssir....

Its turning into Hades here....nothin' like turning a thread into a real sh*tkicker....mamma would be pleased.

Originally posted by trackstar
Well this thread has degenerated into petty mudslinging.

<unsubscribe>
Old 02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
lopchild

Default 10.9 second 1/4 miles in the Z Guaranteed?! for less than 1000 bucks

I need $1000.00 up front.....

(scroll down)

Drive it off a bridge.

oh common now, wheres the classic Z spirit. you dont think the z is that pathetic do you? going from 13.7s to 13.2s with a ~6000 twin turbo kit? you can believe whatever you want to believe. IMO its very possible. And lets not forget that its running street tires and heavy a$$ 19s.

as for consistency, 80% of that depends on the driver while 20% depends on the car. [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 02-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Hupperware

Originally posted by VQ35DES
a heavily modded naturaly aspirated Z? yeah, that what i thought. like i said, put a cheap turbo kit on the z, like greddy, on a base 350z and your running high 12s at 32,000. sport compact car isnt exactly the best magazine for testing. intake, header, and exhaust isnt really considered "heavily modded."
Well if you can get 400 hp NA I bet everyone on here would love to see it. Do yourself a favor. Spend the $5 and see what the supercharger is turning at the track. 13.1 isn't that impressive.